Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Had it up to here with NHS workers

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 20, 2020, 09:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Bunch of horrible, entitled, halo-polishing cunts, tweeting requests for 'love', bragging about their long shifts and sobbing in their cars because they can't find any apples.

Buelligan

I sense you're having a bad day, hzj, have some love, I don't have any apples (a lie, I actually have three but they're a bit wizened and evil-looking).  I do send you the love though, I'm not even lying.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 20, 2020, 09:03:02 AM
Bunch of horrible, entitled, halo-polishing cunts, tweeting requests for 'love', bragging about their long shifts and sobbing in their cars because they can't find any apples.

...and the stinkers have just cancelled my kidney stone operation!

shiftwork2

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 20, 2020, 09:03:02 AM

They're (we're) not all bad, but I completely understand.  The video of the nurse in her car was sickening.  There's definitely a tendency for some of the more visible professions to play the angel / hero card but generally most workers are committed and decent and just doing their job.

bgmnts

chveik

yep me too. they need all the support they can get right now.

imitationleather

This isn't a pisstake?

I'd far rather be sat here doing naff all than having to deal with the ill public. This is applies to any previous point in my life but particularly now.

phes

Friend came down to this on the doornat this morning from persons unknown

Sin Agog

Glad to see all the work noncehunters have put in isn't going unacknowledged.

bgmnts

Deyv

This thread is pretty sickening. NHS workers are secondary only to people who work in IT. How do you like THEM apples?

ZoyzaSorris

Sack the lot of em I say!

U OK Manuka?

Jasha

Quote from: phes on March 20, 2020, 07:59:18 PM

for you and the girls . Creepy.

Hash tag in a written note, for fuck's sake.

imitationleather

idunnosomename

Turns out all heroes do wear capes after all. Sorry nurses

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

A (your?) mum and her two kids came up to the ambulance the other day to say thank you for working so hard.

Hopefully they didn't notice the ice creams my crewmate and I were eating.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 23, 2020, 10:55:02 AM
Turns out all heroes do wear capes after all. Sorry nurses
Nurses used to wear capes in WW2 etc- no longer heroes now though.

Villains wear coats though so doctors are evil.

mr. logic

Think that's really nice.

alan nagsworth

No need for it. Terrible attitude once again from Our NHS.

Urinal Cake

Drink the Prosecco out of the bottle.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

They also pissed in the recycle bin!?

lebowskibukowski

I'm more worried about Dr Ranj trying to get the readership of Cbeebies to play doctors, the dirty fucker...

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Blimey

Butchers Blind

So ruddy bloody brave.  All should receive knighthoods and damehoods at the end of this.

holyzombiejesus

Saw a man in Sainsburys giving a man on the tills a box of Maltesers yesterday. I know I sound like a horrible cynical cunt but he made such a big deal of handing them over and walked out with his head held so high, I really wanted the worker to throw them at him.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 23, 2020, 11:55:53 AM
Saw a man in Sainsburys giving a man on the tills a box of Maltesers yesterday. I know I sound like a horrible cynical cunt but he made such a big deal of handing them over and walked out with his head held so high, I really wanted the worker to throw them at him.

"Yeah, thanks mate but I can steal them off the shelves whenever I want."

Icehaven

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 23, 2020, 11:55:53 AM

I worked on the tills in Safeway years ago and we were told we couldn't accept gifts from customers. I was amazed it was even a thing, but then someone bought me a Mars bar and tried to hand it to me after paying for their shopping, and I had to awkwardly tell them I couldn't take it. There wasn't a pandemic at the time so I really don't know why they decided to do it, but I felt very rude refusing it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 23, 2020, 11:52:31 AM
So ruddy bloody brave.  All should receive knighthoods and damehoods at the end of this.

Not only that, but others given knighthoods for less impressive things should be stripped of them publicly.

Inagine how great it would be to tear off Rod Stewarts honours, look down at him, frail and grovelling and finish off the ceremony with a brutal HAHAHA. HAAAH.