Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:56:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Love in the Time of Corona

Started by mrpupkin, March 20, 2020, 09:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

Quote from: phes on April 11, 2020, 11:46:53 PM
Live alone

Quote from: non capisco on April 11, 2020, 11:58:55 PM
Single bloke, live on my own

At least you can always wank in peace. My flat has wafer-thin walls and my flatmate's recently started having late night phone/Skype calls with someone who's always playing loud, audibly homophobic dancehall music in the background, it's quite difficult to get into the necessary headspace when all you can hear is BANG BANG BATTY BOY BYE BYE in the next room.

Quote from: Jockice on April 13, 2020, 10:30:38 AM
I've gone for the Yorkshire pudding starter, penne pasta main and profiteroles pudding.

Sounds lush, I hope COVID-19 gets kicked to the curb simply so you get to ingest this beige dream.

mrpupkin

Are you allowed to get your lad out on Zoom

AliasTheCat

When all of this was kicking off I told a rather amazing woman that I've had feelings for for years how I felt about her. Astonishingly she's been very receptive to the idea, but now I can't see her. We've been on messenger every day for the last four weeks but it's been very difficult, particularly as she's only a few miles west of of me here in London. Otherwise I live alone and haven't seen anyone for long enough for me to have forgotten how long it's been exactly. It's not much to feel sorry about about, I realise, particularly when compared to what some others are going through, but I'm finding it rather torturous.

flotemysost

So it seems like basically everyone I know (who's not in a relationship) has been meeting up for 'socially distanced dates' in the last few weeks. Expect they're not socially distancing.

E.g. a friend of mine (who also happens to have a health condition which means she's potentially vulnerable): 'Yeah so I met that guy I've been talking to online for ages in the park yesterday, yeah it was really nice, obviously we kept the distance, well he gave me a hug when we said goodbye and he kissed me on the cheek but I think that's OK isn't it?'

Surely this isn't a great idea? I get it, I'm absolutely climbing the fucking walls at the moment over the lack of any sort of human touch, but it just seems a bit foolhardy - presumably if that person's cool with hugging/kissing a random at the moment, then they might well have been doing that with others as well.

I think if people genuinely can meet up at a maintained distance[nb]They're all maintaining a consistent measurement by the time etc. etc.[/nb] and/or find connections online then that's really nice of course, although personally I miss the halcyon days of snogging someone in a disgusting sweaty pub. I don't know, maybe I'm being a killjoy but I've been a little shocked by how blasé everyone seems about it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dex Sawash

bgmnts

How does bukkake work under social distancing?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: flotemysost on May 31, 2020, 07:51:52 PM
So it seems like basically everyone I know (who's not in a relationship) has been meeting up for 'socially distanced dates' in the last few weeks. Expect they're not socially distancing.

E.g. a friend of mine (who also happens to have a health condition which means she's potentially vulnerable): 'Yeah so I met that guy I've been talking to online for ages in the park yesterday, yeah it was really nice, obviously we kept the distance, well he gave me a hug when we said goodbye and he kissed me on the cheek but I think that's OK isn't it?'

Surely this isn't a great idea? I get it, I'm absolutely climbing the fucking walls at the moment over the lack of any sort of human touch, but it just seems a bit foolhardy - presumably if that person's cool with hugging/kissing a random at the moment, then they might well have been doing that with others as well.

I think if people genuinely can meet up at a maintained distance[nb]They're all maintaining a consistent measurement by the time etc. etc.[/nb] and/or find connections online then that's really nice of course, although personally I miss the halcyon days of snogging someone in a disgusting sweaty pub. I don't know, maybe I'm being a killjoy but I've been a little shocked by how blasé everyone seems about it.

It's ridiculously shitty of people to do that sort of thing, and I'm not just saying that because I met up with Mrs SMBH on her birthday last weekend for the first time in over two months but stayed two meters away from her at all times, and while it was lovely to see her after all that time it was still incredibly frustrating. I mean, okay, I am saying it because of that, but it's still shit of such people, and I hope they get the disease and die have a horrible time of it before completely recovering.

idunnosomename

Quote from: bgmnts on May 31, 2020, 08:37:29 PM
How does bukkake work under social distancing?
i guess she can wear a cagoule or something

flotemysost

Well, at least I'm enjoying the inevitable stupid comments on Yahoo under the inevitable stupid headline about how sex is now illegal:

Quote from: a Yahoo user with the name 'Wicked Willy', whose avatar is the eponymous cartoon cock
ENGLAND is no longer the English culture .
It is not about the covid-19/corona virus.
It is all about enforcing SHARIA LAW in all household.

And lots of people agreeing, suggesting that the encouragement to wear face coverings is also evidence of Ayatollah Sadiq's encroaching reign of terror.

Joking aside, one of my friends did make a point that most of the things being outlawed in the revised lockdown rules are free, and that meeting up with a symptom-free partner in private arguably poses less of a risk than hundreds of people crowding into TK Maxx and breathing all over each other. I mean, obviously the former does carry a risk and I'm not advocating that people do meet up - but it does appear pretty soberingly obvious that profit is being valued over basic human interaction and mental wellbeing. Again.