Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 20, 2020, 11:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Has post stopped? I haven't had anything these past few days? It would make sense if it had stopped.

BlodwynPig

Nope, but you never get post anyway

buttgammon

It's still going as far as I know - they're still delivering it in Ireland, where the restrictions are tighter than in the UK.

Buelligan

It hasn't stopped here, even though the post offices are shut but I think it has decreased because there are less people working to send out the fucking bills.  (Thank you jesus.)

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

hamfist

hope so, I ordered extra inhalers for my asthma just in case (though maybe they don't help if my lungs fill with coronapus)

Sebastian Cobb

No, I got some yesterday for some cunt who doesn't live here any more.

I'd have thought post comes under 'delivery' on the 'key workers' list:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

Although if they're short of staff they might run alternate routes I guess. I think given my postie regularly misses the service button time out on our block, and more people are going to be home then post is actually more likely to be delivered here.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love post me letters get em in great stuff love a letter eh days are gone cheers

purlieu

Had a CD sent a few days ago and it's not arrived, which is unusual as normal letter/large letter post tends to be reasonably quick around here.

Alberon

Quote from: buttgammon on March 20, 2020, 11:16:37 AM
It's still going as far as I know - they're still delivering it in Ireland,

But I live in England!

Typical Royal Mail!

pancreas

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 20, 2020, 11:14:49 AM
Has post stopped? I haven't had anything these past few days? It would make sense if it had stopped.

Were you expecting something exciting?

Gregory Torso

Please Close the fucking post offices Boris you bast. i am vulnerable to flob. Stay all away. Don't come in. I and I is fixing to get 'gressive on any mother fucker comes to my counter. I got knives. knives open letters. letters like U, bitch. All non sensual post office activity to be suspended please until i am no longer at work. i will attack if you step to me with a cough. No protective barrier reef. Only my naked beautiful face recieving the floating sickness. post no bills. Listen, only, ONLY, go to the posffice if you are sending me a nice present, maybe some records and tapes or a painting you did of a squirrel monkey eating a flower. otherwise, STAY AWAY.

Gregory Torso

FUCK. I'm a "key worker" according the gov list. No way can I just take a couple of months off. Looks like I'll be back in hell next week then.

bgmnts

The government's response has been first class.

Hehe

Glebe

Bjork leaves thread disappointed.

chveik

Quote from: Glebe on March 20, 2020, 02:48:22 PM
Bjork leaves thread disappointed.

what did she expect? it's not in oscillations!

El Unicornio, mang

I'm getting post as normal but you're not allowed to touch the delivery person's little thing,  they have to ask you if it's ok for them to do it

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 20, 2020, 03:25:30 PM
I'm getting post as normal but you're not allowed to touch the delivery person's little thing