Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Animal Crossing: Island of Sin

Started by Kelvin, March 20, 2020, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjaminos

I felt that way about Flick. He is 100% fucking all those bugs that I sold him.

Dewt

Quote from: imitationleather on April 01, 2020, 06:07:47 PM
Zipper the bunny is definitely a sex offender. I want to run him out of Snooktown.
Yeah, Zipper is the psychopathic cuddly animal mascot trope from comedy horror.

He said he's not wearing a costume so maybe if I unzip him his shitty little spine will tumble out and that'll be that.

Dewt

Quote from: kittens on April 01, 2020, 08:53:25 AM
too many flying presents. fucking me up. can i hear the whistling of a flying present. christ i should be playing right now what if i an missing presents. fuck bunny day
Don't worry, just pop 300 of them and never get a present again due to bugs

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/frx00y/psa_balloon_gifts_no_longer_spawning_after_300/

buntyman

Got my apple stuff available again for some fruity swaps: 85L16

Kelvin

I had a crazily productive night on this, landed at
Spoiler alert
Tarantula
[close]
Island, caught 37 of them, made over 300,000 bells off that alone. Also used the twitter #dodocode to sell over 100 of my cherries, get my last fruit, and fill out all my orchards.

My absolute highlight, though, was when my favourite villager - a sweet little crocodile named, Boots - told me he had woken up early, because he has trouble sleeping. Since I was carrying a sleeping mask I got in the mail, I handed it over to him as a gift, and rather than taking it home, he immediately put it on where we were standing. He's spent the last three hours walking around a field with fuck all idea where he's going. Makes me laugh every time I run past him.

Love this game. 

I've still not managed to catch a single tarantula, they keep biting me.

I have read what I need to do, but as I see them so rarely I haven't had a chance to put it into practise.

Kelvin

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on April 02, 2020, 11:11:17 AM

I have read what I need to do, but as I see them so rarely I haven't had a chance to put it into practise.

I find it's easiest to just rush them, either when you're close, or straight after they stop rearing up. They only actually attack when you're holding the net, if that helps.

Fry

An egg hunt is a great idea. How to ruin it? By making eggs so abundant that you get kind of pissed off to collect one. Sometimes I just want a fish!

Frying pans - best way to make money yet. Just two iron to make. 1500 quid each.

Abnormal Palm

Thanks I never thought about making shit to flog it

kittens

yeah there is simply too much eggs. I've got a pretty egg bonnet now. egg-nough is egg-nough

Dewt

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on April 02, 2020, 11:11:17 AM

If you hold A then you hold up the net in the air and creep forwards when you walk. You release the button to catch.

When you do this the tarantula freezes. Inch closer towards it. When you get really close it will pounce. That's when you release the button. Catch guaranteed. Little skill involved, very easy.

You guys are going about tarantulas wrong.

When you see one, press A to ready the net. Creep toward it and when it rears up, stop. After a couple of seconds, it'll go back down again, so start creeping again until it rears back up. Repeat the process until you're close enough and release A to swipe it. There's no need to put yourself at risk of a pounce.

Also, tarantulas are seasonal and they go away at the end of April, so if you want to make some easy cash, you'd better get as many as you can now.

Dewt

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 02, 2020, 03:47:26 PM
When you see one, press A to ready the net. Creep toward it and when it rears up, stop. After a couple of seconds, it'll go back down again, so start creeping again until it rears back up. Repeat the process until you're close enough and release A to swipe it. There's no need to put yourself at risk of a pounce.
That's exactly what I said. The only difference is that the moment it moves from rearing up to attacking you indicates the exact perfect point to release the A button, with a nice buffer for human error. You can do it without getting that close, but it's also useful to have that feedback about distance because letting go too early is fatal.

Dewt

kittens

i've only seen maybe 3 tarantulas and they killed me every time. how do i get to tarantula island? mystery nook ticket? they just keep taking me to the same two really boring islands

Fry

SW-7643-2439-1114

I would like some fruits please

kittens

Fry

Quote from: Dewt on April 02, 2020, 03:55:24 PM
That's exactly what I said. The only difference is that the moment it moves from rearing up to attacking you indicates the exact perfect point to release the A button, with a nice buffer for human error. You can do it without getting that close, but it's also useful to have that feedback about distance because letting go too early is fatal.

I'm all about not getting close enough for them to pounce though. At no point is any cunt entering the pounce animation. I find a character distance between yourself and the Chris* is close enough to successfully nab them without risking that pounce.

*Cockney rhyming slang. Chris Tarrant(ula)

Quote from: kittens on April 02, 2020, 04:12:16 PM
i've only seen maybe 3 tarantulas and they killed me every time. how do i get to tarantula island? mystery nook ticket? they just keep taking me to the same two really boring islands

Yeah, it's random from the Nook tickets. You can technically terraform any island into a tarantula island, but you still need to keep on top of any other spawning bugs and it can take ages to get decent numbers, a situation that has gotten worse with the water bugs that are now in season.

Dewt

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 02, 2020, 04:49:25 PM
I'm all about not getting close enough for them to pounce though. At no point is any cunt entering the pounce animation. I find a character distance between yourself and the Chris* is close enough to successfully nab them without risking that pounce.
Yeah, but put yourself in the position of somebody who has never caught a tarantula and doesn't know the right distance. As I said, there's a buffer for human error with this method (the tarantula is not going to get to you before you catch it) and I think that buffer makes it easier to react to the movement of the tarantula than judging the distance which is fatal if you let go of the button outside of that unmarked window. It's analogous to catching fish, having ample time to react after the sploshy sound.

In short, having an easy visual signal for when to let go of the button makes this pretty foolproof.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 02, 2020, 04:49:25 PM
Yeah, it's random from the Nook tickets.
Is there any data on whether it's limited to 7pm-4am like natural tarantula spawns?

Fry

I'm sorry I accidentally stole your flowers and said your island smells of cum kittens, thnx for cherries

kittens

that was no accident. enjoy the trouser press

imitationleather

Is it poor form to get a dodo code off a stranger on twitter and then go to their island, shake all the fruit off the trees, pick all the flowers out of the ground and then fuck off without even saying hello?

Because I've been doing that all evening.

Quote from: imitationleather on April 02, 2020, 10:09:29 PM
Is it poor form to get a dodo code off a stranger on twitter and then go to their island, shake all the fruit off the trees, pick all the flowers out of the ground and then fuck off without even saying hello?

I did one like that as they said on Twitter that the nooks were buying turnips for 350 bells or something. When I got there I found lots of other stuff to snaffle. However every time anyone arrives at or departs the island there is a very annoying unskippable pause, so I can't imagine doing it too much.

Dewt

It is incredible that Nintendo manage to make multiplayer so bad. I can see the technical reasons for doing it the way that they have, but all of them boil down to "this was the quickest and cheapest way to do it".

colacentral

Quote from: imitationleather on April 02, 2020, 10:09:29 PM

So that was you.

rack and peanut

It was a coconut, not a pear!
G8VCL, I might be doin other things IRL but I've got apples, oranges and a few coconuts.

colacentral

Favourite music? I love the 3pm, 5pm and 7pm themes. I haven't heard any between midnight and 6am yet.

Kelvin

Quote from: colacentral on April 04, 2020, 05:54:15 PM
Favourite music? I love the 3pm, 5pm and 7pm themes. I haven't heard any between midnight and 6am yet.

5am is my favourite, just a very tranquil, calming song, then 7am, with its peppy drums to suggest the start of a new busy day. 5pm is good too, with its funk.

Not a big fan of 3am or 4am, but what ya gonna do?

Abnormal Palm

I just love the different music as a concept and execution. Total wide on.