Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Animal Crossing: Island of Sin

Started by Kelvin, March 20, 2020, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

learnt how to sneeze today. getting the resident services upgrade finished tomorrow. feels like the dripfeed of new features has stopped. nook miles islands are boring as all hell. caught two great big oarfish today. built a shitty little orchard. i feel like it could be great to really mod up my island but i don't know enough recipes and things. please read this as a bulletpoint list of reflections on today rather than a paragraph.

Dewt

Honestly cannot wait to learn the cumblast action

imitationleather

Mabel's got her shop opening on my island tomorrow. Quite looking forward to that.

I'm not spending hours per day chopping logs like I was, but it's still nice to drop in and play while listening to mates livestream themselves DJing. Which they all do now.

colacentral

Quote from: Dewt on March 30, 2020, 10:42:18 PM
Looking for songs that are in C major (or A minor I guess!) to set my island tune to. Settled in La Bamba for now. Got to do better than that.

I'm trying to do "it's not easy being green". Any ideas? I could find a guitar tab and work it out note by note but I can't be arsed with that.

Dewt

It's in B flat but I think you'll probably luck out with the notes you actually want: https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0091665

Dewt

colacentral

I've actually got pretty close by ear, just the last few notes sound a bit off.

I have:

E--F--G-*FD--CDG

The first three notes are "It's not easy" and when Isabelle sings it it sounds spot on.

colacentral

Quote from: Dewt on April 05, 2020, 08:39:03 PM
FFGFFDDD

Actually, this does sound closer. Cheers. The second FF sounds a bit off still but I can't get it any closer.

Edit: I changed it to FFGFDDDD and it's perfect. Wonderful. Ta for that.

Dewt

The song is surprisingly less expressive than you think, in most versions. From memory I definitely wouldn't have had those second double-Fs, and the triple D would have a lower note in it

FFGFDDCD
or
FGFDDCD if you're doing "it's not easy" instead of "it's not that easy"

colacentral

Quote from: Dewt on April 05, 2020, 08:50:25 PM
The song is surprisingly less expressive than you think, in most versions. From memory I definitely wouldn't have had those second double-Fs, and the triple D would have a lower note in it

Yeah, it's the jazzy chords behind it that throw you off I think. I edited my post above, changing the fourth F to D makes it work perfectly.

DocDaneeka

I've tried to recreate The Main bit from Computer Love by Kraftwerk, pretty decent if I do say so myself.

I've invested heavily in turnips this week so if anyone gets a good price they better open the gates.

Dewt

Quote from: DocDaneeka on April 06, 2020, 05:04:40 PM
I've tried to recreate The Main bit from Computer Love by Kraftwerk, pretty decent if I do say so myself.
Nice

Have you found this yet?

colacentral

Only just found out that you get ants when you leave junk items out for a while, and I think cockroaches when you leave turnips out to rot. Not tried either yet so don't know if I've got that exactly right.

Dewt

I've left a peach, a tire and a bin bag out for about four days and no ants yet

kittens

i've left my turnips on the floor since sunday and there's nothing happening to them. am i supposed to carry them around constantly? for some fucked up reason i can't put them in the house's storage. don't want to carry them around because they're in two piles because i accidentally grabbed some in my inventory when first trying to put them in my storage and they won't go back into one pile. so i got two fuckin turnips on my bedroom floor forever.

Kelvin

Need to sell my cherries, anyone able to let me visit for a few minutes? The Twitter thing is always full.

colacentral

I've just looked it up. Ants appear on turnips if they're left for a week. Flies appear on trash items. Doesn't look like you have to wait for flies, they just randomly spawn.

Dewt

I am deadlocked in this game until I can afford a new house

There's just no room to put everything

90K away but unless I start putting my entire inventory on the floor (which I don't want to do) there's no room to collect resources and generate that money, so I'm just logging in every day looking for a Hot Item opportunity to generate cash

Kelvin

Finally found an island, made just shy of 100,000 bells from my red treats.

colacentral

Quote from: Dewt on April 07, 2020, 06:50:25 PM
I am deadlocked in this game until I can afford a new house

There's just no room to put everything

90K away but unless I start putting my entire inventory on the floor (which I don't want to do) there's no room to collect resources and generate that money, so I'm just logging in every day looking for a Hot Item opportunity to generate cash

Don't forget that your otter and dragon visits are good for making money, also turning your spare wood etc into furniture to sell. You should always be able to comfortably get two nook miles tickets a day or more too, and if you get the island with all the rocks at the centre you'll make a shed load.

colacentral

Are you gifting items to your villagers too? Mine mostly pay me bells in exchange now. Anything you purchase or find in trees is added to your nook catalogue so you could always sell and purchase them back later when you have more space.

Kelvin

Bamboo sells for a high price. 1,500 bells for a fully grown tree, I think. If you have an area to grow those, they start dropping seeds to replenish the supply.

I'm guessing they've dropped the tarantula hit rate significantly, or are they out of season now? I haven't seen one in days, and they were an easy money maker, along with the emperor moth, which is now out of season. I haven't found any other bugs that offer that kind of payout from the new crop - and definitely not in those numbers.

Dewt

Quote from: colacentral on April 07, 2020, 07:58:52 PMMine mostly pay me bells in exchange now.
900 bells isn't going to chip away at the remaining 90K of 550K very quickly unfortunately.

Quote from: colacentral on April 07, 2020, 07:58:52 PMAnything you purchase or find in trees is added to your nook catalogue so you could always sell and purchase them back later when you have more space.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I'm just going to wait for more space though.

Quote from: colacentral on April 07, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
Don't forget that your otter and dragon visits are good for making money
Bit of a catch-22 when you're waiting for them to come back and have 80 bugs and fish stored away to sell to them so you can buy more space to store bugs and fish to sell to them![/quote]

Quote from: colacentral on April 07, 2020, 07:37:07 PMalso turning your spare wood etc into furniture to sell.
That's the main way I've been making money, especially with the Nook boys and their hot deals. Made almost 200K from one inventory's worth of (what was it... I dunno, something crafted from wood and iron).

Quote from: colacentral on April 07, 2020, 07:37:07 PMYou should always be able to comfortably get two nook miles tickets a day or more too, and if you get the island with all the rocks at the centre you'll make a shed load.
That's where I'm feeling limited at the moment. I would have to put so much stuff on floors and sell things I'm not interested in selling just to facilitate it all. I could do it but that's where it crosses the line into being too much of a fucking chore.

I'm being a bit obstinate about it at the moment on purpose, to be honest. I want the challenge of trying to make do until I finish off getting the money, which I will probably manage today.

Mister Six

Mrs Six is getting frustrated because every time she tries to visit someone else's island or invite someone to ours, she's told to buy a Nintendo Online subscription. Except I already have the family package and have put her on that.

Has anyone got any ideas? Is it because my Switch account is the main one with the online subscription, but her account is in charge of the Animal Crossing island?

Dewt

Imaging charging for that gatefuckery.

Cloud

imitationleather

Quote from: Mister Six on April 07, 2020, 09:09:08 PM
Mrs Six is getting frustrated because every time she tries to visit someone else's island or invite someone to ours, she's told to buy a Nintendo Online subscription. Except I already have the family package and have put her on that.

Has anyone got any ideas? Is it because my Switch account is the main one with the online subscription, but her account is in charge of the Animal Crossing island?

I heard that only the character who started the island can visit other islands? Might be that?

Mister Six

Nah it's the opposite - she started the island but she can't. I was able to (but didn't bother).

Dewt

Ended up crafting a lot of armor helmets and paying off the house

DocDaneeka

My Turnips are worth 454 at the moment so I'm opening up Dodo code is: DBKQ2.