Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Animal Crossing: Island of Sin

Started by Kelvin, March 20, 2020, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

just watched the trailer and got horrible stardew valley flashbacks. is it very different to stardew valley? is it better? is there more to it than the horrible compulsive gameplay in stardew valley? i completed stardew valley and i am not ready to have an experience like that again.

madhair60

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: kittens on March 22, 2020, 12:08:09 PM
just watched the trailer and got horrible stardew valley flashbacks. is it very different to stardew valley? is it better? is there more to it than the horrible compulsive gameplay in stardew valley? i completed stardew valley and i am not ready to have an experience like that again.

Don't worry, you can't complete Animal Crossing.

imitationleather

Just got the ladder so my entire island is available now.

Building furniture for three houses. Perfect anxiety distraction vibes.

Thursday

How the hell am I supposed to get 30 iron nuggets? Fuck off.

Everyone started on Friday rather than Saturday and they all look like they're a month ahead.

Thursday

And fucking Tarantulas?

I'll go back to doom as nothing in the game is as intimidating.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: Thursday on March 22, 2020, 02:39:12 PM
How the hell am I supposed to get 30 iron nuggets? Fuck off.

Everyone started on Friday rather than Saturday and they all look like they're a month ahead.

You can buy an axe from little Jimmy Cranky or whatever. Pang every rock you got, then get a Nook Mystery Tour ticket or whatever to other islands and pang what they got. There's a trick to getting more dank nugs out of rocks, you gotta dig a couple of holes to stop you recoiling when you're panging. You could get 30 in four or five rocks if you're lucky. It's defo a bit of a slow day one but day two has been a blast and I can't wait for day three. My life is basically over now.

Dewt

I find it easier to just nudge yourself back towards the rock after every swing than digging the holes.

Thursday

Yeah I've been whacking rocks but I've barely got any, and that nook Mystery ticket is only good for one run.

Sheffield Wednesday

Twed's point about nudging is OK if you got the knack but I found it much easier to dig holes and I would get a good five or six chunks out of each rock that way.

You can buy more Nook Tickets for 2k Miles.

Thursday

Yeah exactly, a huge amount for one run.

imitationleather

Building the furniture for three houses has taken me all bladdy day. Apparently the cunts start moving in tomorrow. They're not going to be happy that on a giant empty island I've put all three houses next to each other. Gutted. Enjoy your council estate, fuckers.

Had the pleasure of meeting Kelvin on my island earlier. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Kelvin

Pissed away four hours straight on this nonsense.

imitationleather

Come visit me innit. SW-3613-4122-6921.

brat-sampson

Got myself the deal of a lifetime here, chaps, whole island, I get the run of the place, my own tent and everything! This Nook fella seems like a good egg.

Sharing with a quirky Squirrel named Hazel and a fitness-loving deer called Bam! Both seem fun, saw her off hunting bugs earlier and she gave me a recipe for an umbrella. Made it and came back to show her and she not only mentions it but is surprised to see me using it so late. Smart cookie. Place has a river, at least one boot floating off the coast and apples everywhere.

I think someone interested in the local wildlife's going to show up tomorrow too. Gonna be a busy day on Pangea Mk2.

rack and peanut

Blathers is pleased he's building his museum already. Got meself a hovel but I'm still using a cardboard box as a bedside table.

Dewt

Quote from: colacentral on March 22, 2020, 11:57:37 AM
I've got the pole vault today and I can't believe how much bigger the island feels once you cross over the river. Maybe that's just a trick of the mind having spent a couple of days in the first small section but still, definitely feels bigger than New Leaf's town.
Pole vault on day three, sort yourself out

Kelvin

Always have to put my little man in bed before I finish for the day. Need him rested for his next adventure.

colacentral

Quote from: Dewt on March 23, 2020, 12:39:43 AM
Pole vault on day three, sort yourself out

It's because I was holding out on placing the museum tent as I resented having to place it without having access to every area of the island. I looked up how long it takes to get across the river the next day, and I'm glad I did or I'd still be waiting for it now.

MojoJojo

Pole vault day 2 for me. I know it's the Joke but Blathers does go on a bit. Whole thing feels a bit like busywork which van get a bit frustrating.

You can get some free bits and bobs for your island by linking your game up with Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. Pocket Camp is crap, but you just need to play far enough through the tutorial to access the MyNintendo menu.

https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-GB/site/horizons

Sheffield Wednesday

As I much as I instinctively feel pressure to do everything as quickly as possible, I've just realised that no matter how quickly or slowly I play this, I'll still make progress and so I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

That's also my approach with fucking.

imitationleather

Just another day in paradise.

Kelvin

Boss just told me that he's sending me home on 80% pay, and with no guarantee I'll have a job if the Viddles goes on for too long.

I solemnly told him I understood, it's a very difficult situation, can't be helped. As I'm stood there, brain shouting: "Animal Crossing all day, Mothafuckas!!!"

Dewt

Quote from: imitationleather on March 23, 2020, 06:32:44 PM

Just another day in paradise.
I find the "Peach Surprise Box" accompaniment to that chair really disturbing. Because a human baby is inside it. Even if it's a doll: no.

Sheffield Wednesday

Kelv, not seen you around my dude. Hope you're doing well.

Kelvin

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 23, 2020, 07:16:43 PM
Kelv, not seen you around my dude. Hope you're doing well.

Yeah, good thanks, I'm in a more secure position than many, not gonna moan. Reckon I'll have an island shaped like the word Knackers by the weekend.

rack and peanut

I didn't realise the good axe was an absolute tree slaya until it was too late! I feel so guilty but I've planted some orange trees on the same spot. RIP innocent treestander.

Kelvin

Quote from: rack and peanut on March 23, 2020, 07:29:19 PM
I didn't realise the good axe was an absolute tree slaya until it was too late! I feel so guilty but I've planted some orange trees on the same spot. RIP innocent treestander.

Yeah, what is the point in that metal axe? If you don't want the tree, just eat some fruit, dig it up and move it somewhere else.