Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:15:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Animal Crossing: Island of Sin

Started by Kelvin, March 20, 2020, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

Cheers, paid off all my loans! I liked the island and I'm jealous of your dragon villager.

Thursday

Quote from: Dewt on April 30, 2020, 02:17:30 PM
Cannot believe I banked on that fucking Thursday clown.

Haha you need to git gud at playing the market

Hobo

Quote from: DocDaneeka on April 30, 2020, 02:29:02 PM
Cheers, paid off all my loans! I liked the island and I'm jealous of your dragon villager.

Ta for the peaches. All planted in the orchard now.

Kelvin

I sold my turnips for 139 bells.

I had 18,000 turnips.

I am beside myself.

Cloud

Got 2 million now after selling turnips via a mate's island.  Still not paying off Tom Crook's loan, just to spite him (I don't need anything bigger than the back room right now)

Also a handful of miles tickets that my dad insisted on sharing after buying them of some back of a wagon on fleabay but I kind of don't want to use them as it feels like cheating

buntyman

I desperately need to offload my neeps. Can anyone do me a solid a furnish me with a dodo

Edit - nevermind I have half a million bells worth of rotten veg

Abnormal Palm

If it makes you feel better, I left 2m worth to rot.

Jim Bob

Quote from: buntyman on May 02, 2020, 09:29:38 PM
I desperately need to offload my neeps. Can anyone do me a solid a furnish me with a dodo

Is soliciting for sex allowed on these forum now, then?

Dewt

Fang flounced from CaB yesterday and I'm still cracking up every time I think about it

https://imgur.com/a/wWbN6EY

kittens

oh no. i think i'm done. what have i done with the last six weeks. oh fuck. oh no

Abnormal Palm

Existential PANGGGGGGGGGG

Your lizard brain hasn't totally taken over.

DocDaneeka

Still fully jacked in. Haven't missed a day.

Anyone fancy a DIY Recipe swap this evening? Everyone brings their spare recipes to my Island. I've got eight or so for people to have.

It's very hard to get the balance right between playing it "properly" where it feels you can go days at a time without anything happening and trying to blast through it and having nothing left to see after a month.

At this point, I'm happy just dipping in for 30 mins each day for a bit of maintenance and playing the turnip market.

Thursday

Once I sell my Turnips this week, I'll be able to get my last house expansion paid off, so once I've done that, I'll have a few days of denial before the dread kicks in.

kngen

So I was considering buying a Switch to play this with my 8-year-old, but all this talk of rotting EU turnip mountains and defaulting on loans sounds exactly the opposite of the relaxing, fun game I was expecting. Fifa sounds less stressful, tbh. Am I over-reacting?

Dewt

Yeah, it's chill as fuck, don't worry about it.

brat-sampson

Only weird nutters on the internet play purely for the thrill of making game-breaking bank on the stalk market. Most are just buying some new duds from the store, choosing whether to save for a bridge or an incline, building a little zen corner or garden and making sure to dig up 4 fossils every damn day in case Blathers actually still wants one because one day I will fucking have a full dino set Blathers you prick.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: kngen on May 04, 2020, 05:39:03 PM
So I was considering buying a Switch to play this with my 8-year-old, but all this talk of rotting EU turnip mountains and defaulting on loans sounds exactly the opposite of the relaxing, fun game I was expecting. Fifa sounds less stressful, tbh. Am I over-reacting?

You can't default. You're just subtly encouraged to destroy your calm island paradise and join the rat race, spend hours on menial work before becoming a stock market addict, reduce nature to a money making factory and pave the world, all in pursuit of what? Of what?

But you can befriend cute and friendly cats and frogs who might give you a framed picture of themselves one day.

DocDaneeka

Opening up my island for anyone who wants some spare DIY recipes: 95M6K. Bring any doubles you got.

kittens

Quote from: Thursday on May 04, 2020, 05:24:21 PM
Once I sell my Turnips this week, I'll be able to get my last house expansion paid off, so once I've done that, I'll have a few days of denial before the dread kicks in.

this is exactly what happened to me. honestly this whole thing has knocked me for six. what the fuck have i been doing

kngen

Quote from: Dewt on May 04, 2020, 06:01:32 PM
Yeah, it's chill as fuck, don't worry about it.

Sold.

Quote from: Mango Chimes on May 04, 2020, 07:11:54 PM

But you can befriend cute and friendly cats and frogs who might give you a framed picture of themselves one day.

Fucking hell. Double sold. Why did no one tell me about this before?!

Dewt

Dewt

351 bells per turnip right now.

H298N

kngen

Dewt

Quote from: Dewt on May 05, 2020, 05:19:02 PM
351 bells per turnip right now.

H298N
Closed now, PM me if you want the sweet nip deal

DocDaneeka

Holding out for 450+!

Anyway meteor shower for me tonight come get some star fragments. Also got Flick if you are hoarding bugs. Code: 3NG2Y.

Dewt

Flying out somewhere when The Motors - Airport is (coincidentally) playing is lovely.

Dewt

chveik

it's funny that this has turned into a capitalistic nightmare

Dewt

I think now I've paid off everything and I have a daily tree/rock income that pays for everything I need I might have purchased my last turnip

Living the dream