Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:47:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Radio

Started by dr beat, March 20, 2020, 11:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

We need this back right now I reckon.  I'm a klutz but I've got a whole lotta records that need playing. I'll do it.  Any one in?

Deyv

I am a giant ear waiting for your songs of niceness.

dr beat

Someone point me in that ear and I will fill it will with wonderful wax.

boki

Barely a month goes by that I don't miss doing it. I need to get over my aversion to figuring out how to set it up (I also miss Windows XP) .

Puce Moment

Yes please.

If you can explain it to me perhaps I could do an hour also?

imitationleather

Will be up for listerererening.

Crabwalk

I think Sir Henry also expressed an interest in getting back on air. Id probably do a couple of shows too, if everything gets back up and running. Not sure what the technical status is though. I think NoSleep is/was covering the server costs? Hosts should reimburse him appropriately, if they're able, I think.

Dex Sawash

I'll chip a couple dolla dolla bill ya'll

(as long as i dont have to listen)

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 22, 2020, 11:44:46 PM
I think Sir Henry also expressed an interest in getting back on air. Id probably do a couple of shows too, if everything gets back up and running. Not sure what the technical status is though. I think NoSleep is/was covering the server costs? Hosts should reimburse him appropriately, if they're able, I think.

Dear lord I hope sir h does come back on CaB radio, looks like there is a bit of momentum here to get it going again, YESSSS.

daimoniac

im always up for a bit of this action

pk1yen

Hell I'd do a show too. Hope everyone likes Leeds Student Radio circa 2007 vibes.

kittens

might do a morning show now that i'm finally on lockdown

Bazooka

Quote from: kittens on March 24, 2020, 04:44:19 PM
might do a morning show now that i'm finally on lockdown

People are already distressed as it is.

Crabwalk

Given that the CaB radio server costs money and, I think, the chatroom was causing people problems, what would people think of potentially switching to a livestreaming site like twitch? I've never used one for 'radio', but assume it can't be that difficult to set up. Maybe we could share a login or something like that?

Just keep the camera switched off as I don't want to see anyone.

Edit: Ah, just realised that playing music over these public platforms might cause copywrite issues. I'll delve further.

kittens

doing a show at  19:35!!!!

i think the link to listen is this: http://s1.myradiostream.com:34552/index.html

and i think chatroom is this: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23cabradio&server=irc.mibbit.net

Petey Pate

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 24, 2020, 04:52:05 PM
Given that the CaB radio server costs money and, I think, the chatroom was causing people problems, what would people think of potentially switching to a livestreaming site like twitch? I've never used one for 'radio', but assume it can't be that difficult to set up. Maybe we could share a login or something like that?

Just keep the camera switched off as I don't want to see anyone.

Similar question to this, does anyone know how (if it's possible) to connect to the Cab Radio server via OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)?