Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rufus Wainwright - Unfollow the Rules

Started by Smeraldina Rima, March 21, 2020, 02:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The first three songs released are all good, if you like Rufus Wainwright. My worry is that the other ones might not be as good.

chocolate teapot

They're all beautiful songs, in the same vein as the first album Rufus Wainwright with sprinkles of Greek Song vibe. I love the folk song arrangement with classical instruments.

There's never been album where I think oh this song isn't very good but there ones I don't listen to much. From Rufus Wainwright those are - In My Arms and Millbrook, Sally Ann, good songs I just don't listen to them same amount as the others.
Poses - In a Graveyard, The Consort, Rebel Prince.
Want One - Movies of Myself.
Want Two - none.
Release the Stars - Nobody's Off the Hook, Rules and Regulations.
All Days are Nights - two of the Sonnets, can't remember which.
Out of the Game - Song of You, Perfect Man.

I don't own Prima Donna or the Judy covers or the Sonnets.

Thanks for the breakdown. I could live with an album of a few big hits and other exploratory ones but I hope after eight years there will be a few more big ones saved up. I sometimes find I'm looking forward to my five or six faves on his albums and then I start thinking about my own life in the ones in between and everything turns black.