Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:47:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Was planning on buzzing my hair in a few months, there was a big family event I wanted some photos of myself with shitty balding hair in just for people to look back on and laugh before getting rid of it all.

Now that event is off but there's also no real incentive to keep it but also none to care about my day-to-day appearance, so I've stopped trimming my facial hair  and am not gonna consider a hair cut for a few months. Not sure what else I'll bother doing, can see myself not bothering to change my clothes for ages and ages but I haven't gotten to that point yet. Went 4 days without showering during the week, which is the longest in a long while but I reckon I can beat it.

Sin Agog

Am self-fellating with four people.  Have mostly been lounging around in thermals.  I'm still adding a splash of colour, though, so I can look good in front of the cats.

gib

No. 2 all over today. Did it myself but got the kids to help. I usually pay the Turks down the road to do it.

will probably get round to cutting my hair soon too

Buelligan

I have a friend who lives in another country that cuts my hair every time she's here.  She hasn't visited for a good 70cms and it looks like it won't be any time soon.  It's almost impossible to cut straight across long hair on your own hair and I don't even have a fucking buzzer.

Shower every day, very important for mental well-being that, for me, anyway.  Only missed a couple of days even at the height of illness.  Unbreakable rule, even if I don't have facilities, I'd always find a way to wash every day.  Self-respect, self-care, can't let that slip.

Two showers in eight days and even after them I've put the same 'clothes' back on.

Buelligan

Have to admit, sartorially, I am pretty challenged - but that's no new thing - I have a habit of getting attached to a thing I find useful and wearing (washing it almost too regularly) until it's quite literally a rag (a very clean rag).

You should shower more Smeraldina although, saying that, you have a delightful aroma, is that Apres l'Ondee, old mackintosh and cigs?

poo

self cutting hair for a couple of years now. Smug as fuck. People with poncy hair cuts murdering their elderly parents by still going to the barbers. Buzz it off, cunts.

got four separate machines:

head
body includng pubes, no mans land, cleft and "suburbs" around starfish
face
ears and nose

olliebean

Hardly possible to put in less effort, tbh. I was going to treat myself to a proper haircut for the first time in about a decade once the weather started turning warmer, but I guess now I'll just make my usual hash of cutting it myself.

Blue Jam

Still defiantly washing, wearing clean clothes and putting on makeup. Take that, virus.

Was considering a haircut earlier in the week but sacked it off because I tried a new hairdresser recently and they're not as good as my previous but now too expensive hairdresser.

Wanted to grow my hair a bit anyway, I'll just start tying it back when it starts looking too huge and messy and then get a hairdresser to tidy it up After The Event.

timebug

Still washing clothes and cleaning house; stopped cutting hair two years ago. Trim beard periodically, mainly if/when it gets on my wick for any reason. Have not owned a suit for over twenty years. Have a tie somewhere, for funerals, I think.

checkoutgirl

Still shower everyday. Shaving about half as much. Underpants, socks and teeshirts still changed everyday but rarely put on jeans or trousers. I'll plump for pajama bottoms or just boxer shorts. Wanted a haircut a couple of weeks ago but decided against it. Felt sorry for the poor barber who will be hit hard by this.

Still use deodarant, toothpaste etc everyday. Handwashing about the same as I'm a borderline OCD case.

Head Gardener

David Byrne once said "people will remember you better if you always wear the same outfit"

Replies From View

Lol imagine me ever putting any effort into my appearance in the first place

Chortle!

Butchers Blind

Sebastian Cobb

Put it this way, I had significantly fewer pairs of socks and underpants to wash in my laundry this week.

I've made more of a concerted effort to keep the place tidy now I'm cooped up in it. Plus I bought a steam mop as a new toy.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Luckily, I got my hair cut just before the shit went down. It was more an issue of practicality than vanity, as my fringe was getting very irritating.

I wasn't obsessive about exercise anyway, but I've decided to knock it on the head for now. If people are going to continue panic buying, I may not be able to spare the calories.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't know whether I should buzz my hair off and let it grow back or emerge the other end like a full on caveman.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Buelligan on March 22, 2020, 07:19:26 AM
I have a friend who lives in another country that cuts my hair every time she's here.  She hasn't visited for a good 70cms and it looks like it won't be any time soon.  It's almost impossible to cut straight across long hair on your own hair and I don't even have a fucking buzzer.

Use a razor and become one with the slap slappy slaphead contingent on here. JOIN US.

Buelligan

BlodwynPig

Shower every day, very important for mental well-being that, for me, anyway.  Only missed a couple of days even at the height of illness.  Unbreakable rule, even if I don't have facilities, I'd always find a way to wash every day.  Self-respect, self-care, can't let that slip.

I've been banned from showering. 3 days now. I honk. Wife went into meltdown when I emptied my piss bucket into the toilet.

bgmnts

A comb and some scissors will do.

Anybody who cares about their appearance is a bit of an empty shell anyway, fuck that noise.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 22, 2020, 01:18:40 PM
I've been banned from showering. 3 days now. I honk. Wife went into meltdown when I emptied my piss bucket into the toilet.

Why?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 22, 2020, 01:20:15 PM
Why?

I'm in isolation, she's a germaphobe who is also a microbiologist. my piss droplets will hang in the air for 3 hours so she can't use the bathroom, can't shower as I will get cold and be further ill. She's so pissed off that now she has stopped feeding me.

I stare out of the window and slowly forget what life was like.

Buelligan

Dear god, you should send her to me for the freezer.  If she has a problem with sharing a bathroom, tell her not to use it.  Let her piss in a bucket.  It's your home, you're the one that can't leave.  And I assume also pay at least some of the bills.

I know I shouldn't be so outspoken and I apologise, nevertheless, fucking hell.  Hope you'll mark me up for not employing the C-word.

And it's bollocks about getting iller because you've got cold in the shower.  I showered when I could hardly stand in it and it made me feel a lot better.  I took sensible precautions not to get cold because I'm an intelligent adult.

Sebastian Cobb

If Dave Hill can cut his hair with shears you can too.

chveik

Butchers Blind

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 22, 2020, 01:22:47 PM
I stare out of the window and slowly forget what life was like.

This will be all of us soon, Blodwyn.

Buelligan

Not me, it won't.  And I'll be round to Pig's as soon as these cockamamie restrictions are off and have that nasty woman in a headlock.  No offence to your lovely wife Blods.  You can tell her I said that and all.