Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Dyed my hair today because I'm fed up of looking at all the grey coming through- I use those semi-permanent colours that last about 24 washes because I would rather have the colour fade all over than have grey roots. Now it's in better condition and I'm feeling a bit more human and less of a great big lazy frump. Can't really do much about it getting massive and mushrooming outwards until the hairdressers reopen though.

Blue Jam

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on April 17, 2020, 12:31:03 PM
What's the view on ordering clothes online? Lost another cheap pair of primark jeans to inner thigh chafidge so ideally need some more trousers.

I think trousers count as an essential. I need some too and might have to order some from Gap in one of the bajillion sales they keep emailing me about. One for the High Street Death List perhaps.

Sebastian Cobb

I wanted some Slazenger joggers which I was reticent about buying as they're owned by Sports Direct but then I sacked the idea off when Mike Ashley started being an even bigger arsehole to his staff during this.

Aside from that, go for it I reckon.

Blue Jam

I get most of my clothes from TK Maxx but they're not taking any orders at the moment. I actually really miss going in there to browse all the weird shit they get in *dings crab bell*

Thomas

I've been cutting my own hair for five years, so I'm breezing through while everybody else snips their ears off.

Sherringford Hovis

Getting a bit tired of shaving twice a day, I'm wondering whether I could twitter-snowball traction for #NHStache in support of ARE BRVAE HERO'S.

Or change the blade in my shaver. Whichever's easier.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Thomas on April 17, 2020, 01:11:55 PM
I've been cutting my own hair for five years, so I'm breezing through while everybody else snips their ears off.

My hair is just past shoulder length now, nowhere near my ears, my problem is that it's really fine but also really thick and needs pruning every so often to tidy it up, and that's a job for a professional.

Sorry, shouldn't brag about having thick hair on CaB. It is going very grey though if that's any consolation.

Puce Moment

I've been slowly cutting my hair for a few days, leaving the back and a mullet. Eventually my wife had enough and cut it yesterday. Not sure I will pay for a haircut ever again.

Blue Jam

Haircuts for women are crazy expensive. I pay about £40 for a bit off the ends. Mr Jam pays a lot less for a job that requires both clippers and scissors and seems a lot more complex. I don't understand how hairdressers are some of the lowest-paid workers when haircuts are so expensive- do the salon owners just cream off all the profits? Why don't more people go along the self-employed route and get a van or cut hair in people's kitchens like they did in the olden days?

On a more positive note, I looked through my wardrobe and got out some unworn Gap trousers which didn't fit me two weeks ago but do now, so it looks like the new exercise regime and quarantine diet are paying off despite the extra booze. And I won't have to buy some new trousers after all.

Sebastian Cobb

I go through phases of thinking my hair's starting to look alright long then thinking I look like animal from the muppets several times a day.

Joys of having a big mirror in the lounge I suppose.

Sherringford Hovis

Mirrors are for bathrooms and motor vehicles.

If it's in the lounge or bedroom, it's a looking glass.

STANDARDS

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2020, 12:44:12 PM
I am a clumsy cook.

How are you getting on with yours nags? I bought some of them dunlops and they're great but the fur is making my feet pong, also they generate static which then discharges into my office chair.

I will admit that they make my feet sweat a little bit, but not much really, and so far no unpleasant odour (from my feet at least). Maybe your dealer sold you a bad batch? If you start wigging out and thinking your neighbours are talking about you through the walls then probably try for a refund.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on April 17, 2020, 02:30:21 PM
Mirrors are for bathrooms and motor vehicles.

If it's in the lounge or bedroom, it's a looking glass.

STANDARDS

Complains about the terminology for mirror. Perfectly fine with 'lounge'.

Interesting.

Cloud

Not quite up to a daily shower again - honestly what's the point - but slowly getting into the habit of one every couple of days just to feel a bit more 'normal' and 'human'.  Partly I think this is reaching the "acceptance" phase of all this after feeling rather depressed and just not arsed.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm sure those of us who have clockwork watches, even the self winding kind, have long stopped ticking.

jobotic

Done a buzz cut today. Looks fairly awful but I'm getting used to it. Think it'll look alright in a week or so. Going to start wearing a vest more.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 18, 2020, 03:02:25 PM
I'm sure those of us who have clockwork watches, even the self winding kind, have long stopped ticking.

Just checked on mine

Ferris

Buelligan

I've always wanted a mohawk, if I spiked mine, I'd be about 3m tall.  Maybe now's the time, I could knock out a few doorways just with what I've got around the place.

I'm thinking, all people like Ferris, who aren't bald but maybe will balden some day.  Is now also the time for a really offensive homemade tattoo above the hairline?  Send your future self guaranteed early retirement.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on April 20, 2020, 04:51:31 PM
I've always wanted a mohawk, if I spiked mine, I'd be about 3m tall.  Maybe now's the time, I could knock out a few doorways just with what I've got around the place.

I'm thinking, all people like Ferris, who aren't bald but maybe will balden some day.  Is now also the time for a really offensive homemade tattoo above the hairline?  Send your future self guaranteed early retirement.

Male genes in family mean we don't go bald, but do die of aggressive cancers around my age (well, +/- 5 years) so the offensive doodle may never see the light of day.

Buelligan

Ferris

Could ask for a bic razor shave before they put me in my box, give the undertaker a bit of a chuckle. Hadn't thought of that.

Right, as soon as this pandemic is over I'm doing that.

Jockice

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 20, 2020, 10:27:09 PM
Could ask for a bic razor shave before they put me in my box, give the undertaker a bit of a chuckle. Hadn't thought of that.

Right, as soon as this pandemic is over I'm doing that.

My dad had a beard for at least 40 years before he died. When they left his body at the undertakers they'd shaved his face. I barely recognised him.

Anyway, big news. I'm having a shower shortly. Haven't selected my new outfit yet but you'll be the very first to know.

Jockice

I'm back! And unlike Friday's fiasco I managed to have a proper shower and shave. I've resisted the temptation to wear anything I've worn before on these updates as I don't want to disappoint you. So today I'm resplendent in:

Dark blue boxer shorts (self purchase as part of an M&S pack. Bit ragged but still wearable unlike the scarlet ones I had to throw out last week), black socks with light blue number 50s on them (birthday present...gulp....nearly  five years ago. I got two identical pairs, one from my girlfriend and the other from my best female friend who I don't shag. Not sure if it's an actual pair or I've mixed and matched), dark blue fleecy pyjama trousers (present from my sister. One of three pairs she's bought me over the tears. These are the ones with the light blue cord), a white Cabaret Voltaire Micro-Phonies t-shirt (not the one I had in the 80s. I got this one from a mail order place around five years ago) and a dark purple round neck jumper (girlfriend present).

Hope this has been worth waiting for. I will return in a few days. No doubt about it.

Jockice

Have my prescription to pick up this morning (I'm bravely defying the 'stay in forever' order. It was a standard letter and the fact I got it so late proves - to me anyway - that they don't think I'm that much at risk. I'm going to severely restrict my going out after this though.)

Anyway, I haven't had a shower, although I did wash myself down this morning and had an electric shave last night. And as for clothes, there's nothing you haven't heard about before, apart from the black boxer shorts (present from my sister). It's a dark blue jumper (the girlfriend roundnecked one, not the sister hooded one), the Ireland t-shirt, one of my pairs of Decathlon joggers and a pair of the different coloured odd socks. May not be the same combination as last time, but who can tell?

Thank you and good morning.

DrGreggles

I'm clean shaven for the first time in a decade.
Not that I usually have a big beard or anything, but I usually just trim what I have down to (what is according to my beard trimmer) a number 4.
I have a scar on my chin, but my reluctance to shave is more down to laziness than vanity. I have to take more care around that bit and I generally can't be arsed.

Anyway, I now look like even more of a fat cunt that normal.

shiftwork2

I'm somewhere between A Hard Day's Night and Cousin It.  Quite liking it.

olliebean

Cut my hair again. Short this time. Just put the longest comb on my clipper (41mm - I've tried shorter in the past but it looked awful; my head really doesn't suit a very short cut) and went at it. Took me the best part of an hour to get it all down to the same length. Didn't bother with tapering or layering or any of that business - I figured if there's any time you can get away with having a messy haircut, now is it. Might have a go at tidying it up on another day, if I can be arsed.