Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Just had my first proper shower and shave for a week. My hair was getting itchy and I felt like a slug. I have no plans to go out today but it had to be done.

'But what are you wearing now?' I hear you shout. Well the only new things are other pair of blue pyjama trousers I got from my sister. The ones with the grey cord. These could pass as jogging bottoms. I have worn them to the gym but one of the pockets is badly ripped and they have some red stains on them that appeared when I spilt bleach on them while cleaning the toilet. And my underpants, which are green ones in the same flowery pattern as the previously mentioned purple ones. And from the same source. My girlfriend.

On top I have the previously-mention purple 'I may be wrong. But it's highly unlikeley' t-shirt (and unlikely really is spelt like that), the previously-mentioned New York sweatshirt (which I put on yesterday. I popped out for some fresh air and there were food stains on the jumper) and the previously-mentioned chili peppers/lips socks.

As you were.

New page clean up your act.

flotemysost

Bought one of these back in January and it's turned out to be a godsend re: ensuring my colleagues don't assume I've started a sideline as a minor player in a drug cartel:

(For the uninitiated, it yanks out facial hair, it's not one of those squeezy thigh exercise things. Although I probably should have invested in one of those too, considering my recent enthusiastic forays into pasta making.)

Office dress code was pretty casual anyway, so the only difference really is leggings where once there would have been jeans. Can't get my head around the fact that some people are still wearing skinny jeans every day while working from home.

Jockice

I pissed myself this morning, so I've changed my trousers and underpants. I now have the light grey pyjama jobs and the lilac boxer shorts. Just thought you'd like to know.

Sebastian Cobb

A week not showering is hardcore.

Because I bought one of those potassium alum sticks as an environmentally friendly deodorant and because it needs to be wet to be applied, I've found that if I skip a shower I forget to use it so end up ponging pretty quickly on the days I skip a shower.

Jockice

Sorry, I got distracted yesterday so forgot to tell you I had a shower and change yesterday. Didn't shave though. Couldn't be arsed.

All the stuff I'm wearing now is stuff I've mentioned before (blue and grey hooped top, lilac and grey t-shirt, black joggers, Christmas socks - the red and white ones not the purple ones) apart from my underpants. Red sort of y-front things (although not actually y-fronts) with white trim. A present from my sister.

Over and out.

Sebastian Cobb

I was having a chat with some pals on hangouts last night and one of my mates partners first comments when she saw the screen was 'how long has he been in lockdown for?'

Jockice

As promised in the Oscillations thread (to build up your anticipation) I've had a shower, shave and got changed this morning. It's all stuff I've worn before, but just in case anyone's doing a list or a pie chart, it's the grey v-neck, red Rasp t-shirt, dark blue pyjama bottoms, fluffy striped bedsocks and grey underpants.

I thank you.

Ferris

Sebastian Cobb

My Dickies tracksuit bottoms arrived today, fresh on, haven't even farted in them yet. Well comfy.

I could've probably bought 3 pairs of slazzies for the price but I just couldn't bring myself to give any money to Mike Ashley.

Jockice

Showered, shaved changed. Into (previously mentioned) black joggers, grey checked undercrackers and Oddsocks (TM), plus (NEW TO YOU!) mid green Duffer Of St George t-shirt (present from BFF. It's only got a very small logo so I really like it) and knackered old grey zip-up hoodie training top (self-purchase from Debenhams probably about 15 years ago).

Till next time, take care.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shaved yesterday. As my facial hair isn't very thick aside the chin and tache it always reaches a tipping point where once it gets long, the hair on the cheeks and neck look a bit straggly. Unfit for human eyes.

Also I had to shave because of my baldness. I had developed a distinct horseshoe pattern on the crown and tiny wispy hairs were developing the most proto of combovers as they stretched along the desert plains.

It is much more satisfying to shave with an electric razor when you have at least some hair there. The process feels smooth and exhilarating, like an aerial motorbike.

NattyDread 2

My barnet is getting into a right state. Like one of those Oasis Dads that you get. Or if I'm just up, Jack Nicholson.
The beard is getting a bit carried away too and my look for the past week has been topped of by my kicking about in creosote stained jeans. Got stuck into some gardening after painting the fence so just kept them on. You can smell my diesely waft from a mile off. So I've been told.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on May 08, 2020, 11:56:17 AM
My barnet is getting into a right state. Like one of those Oasis Dads that you get. Or if I'm just up, Jack Nicholson.
The beard is getting a bit carried away too and my look for the past week has been topped of by my kicking about in creosote stained jeans. Got stuck into some gardening after painting the fence so just kept them on. You can smell my diesely waft from a mile off. So I've been told.

Changed jumper to go to the shop yesterday as I'd spilt mash/gravy sludge down the front of it. Picked up one hoody, food on it. Picked up the next, didn't spot the turmeric stain until I was on road. Fucksake.

Blue Jam

My hair is getting long and massive and wavy and making me look like a neglected Cocker Spaniel who is long overdue a trip to the groomer's. At least I can tie it back:

Sebastian Cobb

I reckon my hair's getting long enough to do a manbun. I tried last night out of boredom but the elastic band I had to hand was all old and brittle and it snapped.

Ferris

Still rocking the faux hawk (tidied it up last night) with the absurd "homegrown religious extremist" beard. It'll need a bit of a trim, but might keep it after the lockdown.

Sebastian Cobb

I stopped shaving the wispy bits on my cheeks that make me look like a pervert but I think if I go back to a guarded cut they can stay and my beard will look more luxurious and fuller.

Although i might just get a professional to sort it all out as part of a haircut.

Ferris

I'm letting the wispy bits ride. Let's see where this all ends up.

Though will absolutely trim them if this experiment turns long term.

Sebastian Cobb

I said I wasn't cutting my hair or beard (apart from trimming the bits of my tache when they cross my lip) and that's what I'm sticking to, even if I go full castaway.

Jockice

Just got changed  The only new to you thing is a hooped black, yellow and white t-shirt, purchased from a shopping outlet on the outskirts of Doncaster in late 1996. The reason I remember it so clearly was because I was with the woman who broke my heart, leading to 17 years of singledom etc etc. Her parents lived in Britain's worst town and we were on the way to visit them for the first time. They seemed to quite like me.. Anyway, I digress. Apart from that, today's choices are the plain black sweatshirt, plain black joggers, plain black socks and lilac boxers. I was going to wear plain black boxers but the elastic's broke on them.

Blue Jam

Sorry for the Daily Mail link, but here's some news some of you may be able to relate to if your local hair clinic has also shut:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8310509/David-Beckham-sports-drastically-thinning-locks-shopping-trip-Cotswolds.html

*paging Biggy*

Blue Jam

Here I have looked round my bathroom cabinet and discovered some hair serum from a posh salon which has the effect of smoothing my hair down and making me look a lot less like like a scruffy spaniel. It may deter me from having a go with the scissors for a couple of weeks.

non capisco

My hair is shit, I'm starting to look like Macgyver. Went to the shops in a baseball cap for the first time today since I was in my twenties.

Blue Jam

We had lovely warm weather here a couple of days ago and I spotted a couple of women wearing woolly bobble hats and thought it looked a bit mad (no stranger than masks though, tbf). I can't believe I didn't realise why until now.

Can't really do that to cover my hair, my problem is with the scraggy ends.

Butchers Blind

Hair now at the stage where I look like one of the Bee Gees circa mid 1970's.  Probably Barry.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 12, 2020, 03:18:38 PM
We had lovely warm weather here a couple of days ago and I spotted a couple of women wearing woolly bobble hats and thought it looked a bit mad (no stranger than masks though, tbf). I can't believe I didn't realise why until now.

Can't really do that to cover my hair, my problem is with the scraggy ends.

Maybe they were bald.

Captain Z

Permanent ponytail now, think David Seaman circa 2002 but 30% thinner.