Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 12, 2020, 03:12:58 PM
Sorry for the Daily Mail link, but here's some news some of you may be able to relate to if your local hair clinic has also shut:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8310509/David-Beckham-sports-drastically-thinning-locks-shopping-trip-Cotswolds.html

*paging Biggy*

That's Sean Connery

edit- has let himself go

Captain Crunch

Good job 99% of men look well sexy with a skinhead isn't it?  Maybe there's the odd one or two with an oddly tiny forehead who look like Vanessa Feltz but on the whole it looks great.  Rrrrriow. 

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He's only 45, why's he got so many wrinkles? Lemmy probably looked younger than that at 45.

Ferris

Becks again leading the way in men's fashion by having equally patchy stubble on head, face, neck and (presumably) everywhere else.

DiClassomo

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 12, 2020, 06:47:19 PM
He's only 45, why's he got so many wrinkles? Lemmy probably looked younger than that at 45.

It's all the football

Blue Jam

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 12, 2020, 06:47:19 PM
He's only 45, why's he got so many wrinkles?

Must be all that sun exposure while playing for LA Galaxy. Should have stayed in rainy Manchester.

He's into his tattoos isn't he? Why doesn't he just get some tattoos of hairs on his head and a tattoo of a younger face over his face? That'd sort him out.

non capisco

Quote from: Captain Crunch on May 12, 2020, 06:30:27 PM
Good job 99% of men look well sexy with a skinhead isn't it?  Maybe there's the odd one or two with an oddly tiny forehead who look like Vanessa Feltz but on the whole it looks great.  Rrrrriow.

I'd shave all my hair off now if I didn't think I'd end up looking like Kif from Futurama.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 12, 2020, 05:23:44 PM
That's Sean Connery

edit- has let himself go

Bald, beard, collar up- he's a crap Cantona:

non capisco

"Don't wear your mask indoors or you won't feel the benefit!"
"Shut up, MUM! I'm RAVING!"

Jockice

The man in black has become the man in grey. I'm the man at C&A. And I don't have no say in the war games that they play.

Attractive redhead Jockice, 54, is today sporting the previously-mentioned grey pyjama bottoms,  grey 'that's how I roll' t-shirt and grey hoodie top. All in different shades of grey though, although not 50! Also black boxers and black chili pepper/lips socks.

That's all for today. Thank you and good morning.

Barry Admin

My clippers arrived yesterday, #4 all over, shortest it's been in years and years :-( nice to change it up I guess, but the first thing my Mum said was "oh, you can see all your grey hairs now."

My hair was an absolute shambles, looking forward to this Alien 3 bullshit growing out a bit though, really liked the sort of mid-length hair I had over the past few years after getting sick of having it long again. Supposedly I suit short hair, but having it a bit longer at the back and on top was great.

jobotic

Quite liking how my buzz cut looks now, three weeks later. I might stick with this look.

Do beard trimmers have different measurements on to proper hair clippers?

Jockice

It's that time of the week again! With !New To You! clothes featured.

Today I'm wearing a light grey three-buttoned top (present from sister), my Unknown Pleasures with cats faces in it t-shirt (mail order self-purchase. I bought one for a mate of mine's 50th. His two favourite things on earth are Joy Division and moggies. I then decided to get one for myself) and black socks with red toes and heels, a smiley face and the words 'Kiss Me' on them. I'd lost one but found it in my bed last week. Guess who bought me them.

I'm also wearing blue checked boxers and black joggers, but they've appeared before.

PS, there's no point pretending to ignore this. I  know in my heart you all look forward to the updates with as much anticipation as I  look upon updates on the Glinnner thread.

Head Gardener

My hairs a mess, I'm drinking loads more than usual which means my weight is on the up. Bought a pair of 501s just before christmas. 80 quid 34" waist, cant get em on now.

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 20, 2020, 11:22:10 AM
My hairs a mess, I'm drinking loads more than usual which means my weight is on the up. 34" waist, cant get em on now.
As mentioned in various other places on here, passim (I don't think I've ever used 'passim' before), my partner died.  I found myself accidentally putting on her jeans with little difficulty, as my weight is going down, fast.  Tsk. 

Quote from: sick as a pike on May 20, 2020, 01:28:54 PM
As mentioned in various other places on here, passim (I don't think I've ever used 'passim' before), my partner died.  I found myself accidentally putting on her jeans with little difficulty, as my weight is going down, fast.  Tsk.

Shit, sorry

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 20, 2020, 11:22:10 AM
My hairs a mess, I'm drinking loads more than usual which means my weight is on the up. Bought a pair of 501s just before christmas. 80 quid 34" waist, cant get em on now.

I put my jeans on to nip out after being in loose tracksuit bottoms for about 2 weeks. They felt restrictive and I think it made me walk funny.

Jockice

I've changed my kecks cos I peed down the front of them (accidentally I can assure you) this morning. I now have the darkest blue pyjama bottoms on. And - check this - no underpants. I have to do a Zoom thing tomorrow lunchtime so if I don't get round to getting showered I will be changing my top beforehand as there's a large food stain at the front of my current one.

weekender

Quote from: Captain Crunch on May 12, 2020, 06:30:27 PM

1% here checking in for middle aged duty.

I think my stomach area is supposed to look sexy if it goes inwards and reveals six-pack muscles, and not the other way around?

Jockice

Can't be arsed having a shower but I've dumped my food-stained top in the washing machine. And put on the thing that was nearest to me. Which turns out to be a Ted Baker v-neck jumper, which is dark blue with a series of gradually wider lighter blue hoops towards the bottom. With green collar, cuffs and bottom. Self-purchase about 15 years ago. From USC on Fargate if I remember correctly. Which shut down years ago and is now a stationery/gift shop.

Blue Jam

Really sorry to hear that sick as a pike, my condolences.

Cheers luvs.  It's obviously no fun, though today is better than yesterday, for unpredictable reasons. 
I do look a bit low quality- even more so than usual, I have to say. x

peanutbutter

Gonna buzz the head some time over the next couple of days, I think. looks a state atm

and I categorically cannot grow a beard, there's just nothing at the sides of the moustache area to hook into the rest

Jockice

In a continuing series. Just showered and shaved. I was starting to stink a bit, especially down below, and my hair was all over the place to the point my scalp was starting to hurt.

So that's sorted. And I'm wearing previously mentioned black joggers and purple paisley boxers. And my light green INTROVERT t-shirt (mail order purchase about a decade ago). No socks at the moment but if I do go out it'll be the grey superman ones. And the same Ted Baker jumper. I don't think I really need to wear a suit to Spar.

Dex Sawash

On the list of good things corona has brought us is this bump of the 'What are you, jockice, wearing' thread.

Jockice

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 23, 2020, 10:10:04 AM
On the list of good things corona has brought us is this bump of the 'What are you, jockice, wearing' thread.

Only on it? It deserves to be at the very top. At least.

Ferris

Trimmed the beard yesterday, was getting very Castaway on the sides. I feel so much better.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 12, 2020, 10:49:42 PM
He's into his tattoos isn't he? Why doesn't he just get some tattoos of hairs on his head and a tattoo of a younger face over his face? That'd sort him out.
he has, hasn't he?