Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:42:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 23, 2020, 12:47:26 PM
Trimmed the beard yesterday, was getting very Castaway on the sides. I feel so much better.

This morning I trimmed the hairs that were curling over my top lip, but that is all.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 23, 2020, 03:53:36 PM
This morning I trimmed the hairs that were curling over my top lip, but that is all.

I was going to stick with it (except top lip bit because yeah that's a fucking pain) but it was becoming too unruly, even for quarantine. Also my son enjoyed grabbing it and pulling so it had to be reined in.

Jockice

Nothing new today I'm afraid. But for reference it's the dark blue round-necked jumper, Undertones t-shirt, black joggers, green patterned boxers and '50' socks.

Head Gardener

Jockice

Washing machine's full and on. And I've showered and changed into the dark blue pyjama bottoms that could pass as joggers but have bleach stains on them, lilac underpants, lilac and grey t-shirt (not meant to be co-ordinated, just the first things I picked up) and light blue running top. No socks as yet cos I fell in the kitchen earlier and cut that little nobbly bit on my left ankle. But if I do it'll be a pair of the Oddsocks (TM).

I have bought a couple of new t-shirts in the last few weeks but I'm going to wait until I go out to meet people before they make their debut on here. There we go, that's something for you to look forward to.

Jockice

I'm going out! Only for a picnic in the local park with my BFF (platonic variety) and her two daughters but it'll be the first bit of actual soclalsing since the lockdown.

Can't be arsed having a shower, although I will wash my bits. And I will be wearing my !BRAND NEW! black Limit Club t-shirt (one of my regular haunts in my late teens and early 20s. I had my first proper snog in there you know. It shut down in the early 90s but there are occasional revival nights at other venues, and the t-shirts have just come out. I know the bloke who designed them so he gave me a (slight) discount), grey combat trousers (the ones I've had for years, not the ones my girlfriend bought me for my birthday a couple of years ago. They're at her place at the moment cos I spilt diesel on them and she put them in the wash and I went home wearing another pair - the olive green cords I think - that I'd left at hers), a black belt (looser than the brown one I usually wear but I've put a bit of weight on since I last wore actual trousers in March. Plus I haven't the slightest where the brown one is) and the previously-mentioned grey, black and white boxers. The socks will be the same as yesterday's. I did put them on yesterday but only for about half an hour. And my black trainers.

I'm going out at half twelve. I may be some time.

Jockice

Some bad news I'm afraid. I've just had a shower and got changed. After my afternoon in the park I got changed back into the stuff I'd been wearing the previous day, but have now put the Limit club t-shirt back on along with the (all previously mentioned) black joggers, green and black boxers, 'kiss me' socks and purple jumper.

I have a feeling that other members aren't taking this whole thing as seriously as I am. Shame on you!

Jockice

Gosh, I haven't kept you up to date! Big news at the weekend. I actually saw my girlfriend for the first time since March so got changed for that. I was wearing the same grey combat trousers, a green, black and white hooped t-shirt (self-purchase years ago (from M&S I think), blue dappled cardigan (Christmas present from my sis), and the purple-patterned underpants and lips/chili peppers socks. It was also raining so I put my black hooded coat on (self-purchase from the Levi's store in Meadowhall on a very rare visit there).

When I got home I kept my underwear on but have put on the mid-blue half zip fleecy top and light grey pyjama bottoms. I'm doing a Skype thing later so I think I'll put the cardigan on for that with my white DPAC t-shirt as it's a disability politics student I'm talking to and I'm ever so right on.

Any changes to the plans I'll let you know,

Jockice

Showered. Black sweatshirt, black joggers, black boxers, same t-shirt I was wearing on Sunday, grey Superman socks.

Jockice

Black joggers, the blue half-zip fleecy top, Rasp t-shirt, blue and white checked boxers and fluffy hooped bedsocks.

Sebastian Cobb

I reckon my feet might be getting harder 'cos of all the time cutting about barefoot.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 13, 2020, 01:33:03 PM
I reckon my feet might be getting harder 'cos of all the time cutting about barefoot.

I just can't get mine clean for the same reason. Might have to take the wire wool to them soon.

Head Gardener

olliebean

Make the plastic sheets opaque and I might consider it.

Head Gardener

Jockice

The dark blue New York sweatshirt, dark blue fleecy pyjama bottoms, dark blue boxer shorts and the red, yellow, black, white and green Christmas socks. Variety is the spice of life.

Jockice

Thought I'd forgotten all about this, didn't you? Well, I did but now I'm back.

Last Wednesday evening I went out to my car, got soaked in the monsoon, so got changed into the darkest blue pyjama bottoms and blue and white hooped fleecy top. The Christmas socks went back on. I didn't have them on when I got soaked.

Then on Saturday went to see my girlfriend wearing black joggers, lips/chili pepper socks, black briefs, the grey 'that's how I roll' t-shirt and the dark blue round-necked jumper.

Meant to be going for a picnic with a friend later so have showered, shaved and changed into clean black joggers, blue and white checked boxer shorts, oddsocks and the black Ireland t-shirt.

Apologies to all my fans who expect more regular updates. I'll try not be so tardy next time.

WhoMe

I've dug out one of those shirts you only buy when you're abroad in a relentlessly hot, muggy climate and hide in the back of the cupboard once home. Would probably be more suited to a middle aged Indian dad, but it's a nice cool material so it's staying on mate.

Jockice

Black joggers (the other two pairs are in the washing machine), lilac boxers, the 'kiss me' socks, Unknown Pleasures cover with cats in it t-shirt and blue hooded jumper because I had to go out and it was raining.

I got a flat tyre on the way home so went to Kwik Fit. They had one of those safety barrier things on the counter. Which fell on my head. This is entirely true.

Bently Sheds

I notice the usually dapper and very well turned out Mayor of Leicester is now looking like a shipwrecked Nigel Havers.

Jockice

I've had my hair cut. And especially for that, I put on a t-shirt I haven't mentioned to you yet. A dark blue one with three buttons down the front. I think my sister bought me it. Apart from that, it's all old stuff. As you were.

Sebastian Cobb

My beard hair has been malting onto my desk and it's now well over an inch long and curly like pubes.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Today, for no particular reason, I decided to wear a tie.

Sebastian Cobb

Someone needs to get married or put in the ground for me to do that.

Blue Jam

Did a bit more cycling than usual yesterday, cycled between two campuses carrying some heavy stuff. Got home after werk and thought: "Nah, I'm not too sweaty, won't have a shower just yet, I'll wait until just before bed".

Put some laundry on today. Found the black t-shirt I was wearing yesterday and noticed it had some wiggly white streaks on the back. After a few seconds I realised these were salt marks. From my lovely salty sweat.

Oh well, at least I now know I got a decent amount of exercise yesterday.

timebug

Posted a bit back in this thread, that I had let my hair grow for a couple of years; newsflash...I cut it the other day. Just couldn't be arsed with it long, so a number three guide on the old Wahl clipper, hair, beard, the works! Had comments that I now look 'ten years younger'. Couldn't give a shit. I wear the hair/beard as I feel like doing and bugger anyone else's opinion. Too old and cranky to care anymore!