Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:40:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

I've changed my clothes several times since my last update.

Turning a new page in fashion.

Blue Jam

Last week I was about to cycle to werk again and pulled my cycling gloves on. Seconds later the smell hit me. They're those fingerless gloves that have a little patch of microfiber towelling on the back so you can mop the sweat from your brow. Evidently my brow has been very sweaty.

Not been cycling this week because it's roasting and the showers at werk are still out of use because getting the cleaners to sterilise them after every cyclist has used them is a bit much. I am mostly working alone but I don't even want to subject myself to my post-ride honk.

*Insert your own Spinal Tap joke about my smelly gloves here*

Norton Canes

Had been cultivating a Scissorhands-eque lockdown barnet even after the stylists reopened, but got it strimmed down today. Depressingly I've realised I've now got the same hair as mark Selby.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 11, 2020, 03:18:20 PM
Last week I was about to cycle to werk again and pulled my cycling gloves on. Seconds later the smell hit me. They're those fingerless gloves that have a little patch of microfiber towelling on the back so you can mop the sweat from your brow. Evidently my brow has been very sweaty.

Not been cycling this week because it's roasting and the showers at werk are still out of use because getting the cleaners to sterilise them after every cyclist has used them is a bit much. I am mostly working alone but I don't even want to subject myself to my post-ride honk.

Get some towelling wristbands for brow-sweat-mopping. They look pretty good actually, only slightly reminiscent of a 70s tennis player.  Cycling gloves always stink, you really need to wash them after every use. Your hands sweat buckets, that's the point of the gloves, to mop up the sweat so you keep your grip on the handlebars. People should think of gloves like socks, you wouldn't wear them more than once in this weather.

Starlit

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 11, 2020, 03:18:20 PM

I washed my gloves today after I couldn't bear the smell anymore.
The water was almost black afterwards.
I really hope it was dye from the glove rather than my accumulated filth.

I only got these a couple of months ago because my last pair finally fell apart after eight or ten years. The thing is, I don't remember them smelling bad or needing frequent washing. Perhaps they had silver in or something. I tried to buy the same Specialized ones that I had before, but reviews suggested that the new ones aren't as good as the old one, so I went for a no name pair of Amazon which look the same. Other than one of the fingers being a bit long and one being a bit short, they're good and just what I want. they were about £16.
Now I'm going to try to destink my helmet.
Thinking about it, my life these days is a more or less constant battle against stinking. That's the lot of a middle age man who lives alone I suppose, but unlike many people I've encountered I intend to fight it.

Sebastian Cobb

Yesterday I went out for a 9-mile round cycle ride to pick up an LP, my hands were so sweaty when I got home they slipped off my doorhandle as I was trying to enter my gaff, causing me to walk forward and headbutt my own front door.