Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:03:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 22, 2020, 12:49:07 PM
I wasn't obsessive about exercise anyway, but I've decided to knock it on the head for now. If people are going to continue panic buying, I may not be able to spare the calories.

Recently I was getting well into Bodypump and kettlebells and circuits and was getting nice and muscly, so I'm a bit gutted that my gym has closed at the one point in my life where it looked like I might actually get into an exercise routine and enjoy it and make it into a habit.

Just haven't been arsed lately. Was going to go for a hike up Arthur's Seat but apparently loads of people have had the same idea and popular hiking routes are ramjam now. There is even talk of closing routes in Snowdonia.

Condidering dusting off the bike but even minimal traffic on roads scares me. Walked part of the way into work today, about 1.5 miles, before braving one of the almost empty buses, that'll do me for now.

Eating well though. Making an effort to get fruit and veg in and having fewer opportunities to buy junk food and go to the pub has helped.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on March 22, 2020, 01:32:41 PM
man the fuck up blodwyn are you an alpha or what

Alpha to Omega and back again...IOTA NOW ;0)

BlodwynPig

thenoise

Just spent a good ten minutes sniffing at my sofa cushions deciding which one smelt like an old man's armpits. Readers, it was my own Pyjamas - 3 days and nights continual use.

Puce Moment

Doing the whole exercising on my cross trainer, morning shower, afternoon walk (bumping into zero people) so I don't devolve into some kind of disgusting creature eating insects and stripping the wallpaper with my own shtinken.

I'm giving it until next weekend before I start honkin' like Charlie Drake's hands.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thenoise on March 22, 2020, 03:37:23 PM
Just spent a good ten minutes sniffing at my sofa cushions deciding which one smelt like an old man's armpits. Readers, it was my own Pyjamas - 3 days and nights continual use.

Washed my tracksuit bottoms after cutting about in them commando most of the week. Now wearing some old nurses scrubs I was given to go home in when I broke my ankle and couldn't get my jeans on over the stookie.

Cardenio I

Decided to stop washing or cutting my hair and shaving for the duration of this. I'm also planning to drastically reduce my caloric intake and do a shit ton of yoga so that I can get a Castaway Yogi thing going for me. I imagine it will last another four days at least.

BlodwynPig

Managed to escape the house for an hour walk in the sunshine and countryside. However, there were quite a few people out on the path that is usually deserted as its next to an army shooting range. When they veered a big distance away from me, I suspected it was because of my tramp appearance rather than any social distancing.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

On the clothes front, I've actually been sticking to a 'two pairs of strides per wash cycle' policy for most of the winter. Alternating them each day to avoid them getting stinky. Mostly it's because trousers take up too much space on the clothes airer.

I'd be more embarrassed to admit that but, well, sod it.

Sebastian Cobb

What's an appropriate amount of wear for trousers? I always wear my work trousers for a week stretch then either wash them or swap them over with another pair and run them for another week.

I tend to wash my jeans when they get grubby rather than smelly, which given how much food I get on me through cooking and eating happens fairly often.

Jockice

Luckily I got my hair cut at the end of the week before last for the first time since before Christmas, so I won't have to bother with that again for a while. While I was getting it done another customer who had an appointment later that day rang up to check that nobody in the place had a cold. I suggested telling her I had the plague and there was an ambulance waiting for me as soon as I'd had my trim.

The hairdressers is part of the health club where I usually go swimming. I went out for a drive yesterday, went past the place and her car was there so I presume she's still working even though the rest of the place is shut. Poor lass.

As for general cleanliness, I had a rare shower at home yesterday morning. My bathroom's not the most accessible on earth so I usually have one after a swim/hot pool dip but the boiler's been broken for most of the last week so I've just been going in the gym (not that I do much there. A few stretches and weights and hitting the punchbag a few times) and then just going home. That and my propensity for unrinal dripping mean that I really needed to clean up my act, especially as a mate was coming round to take my cat to the vet's (just her annual check up. She's fat but otherwise fine). I had  a wet shave too. Again not usual. I tend to use my electric shaver but if I have five days growth it's very hard work.

As for clothes, I'm wearing much the same as I do if I'm not going anywhere special anyway. Jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt or jumper. At the moment it's a grey m&s v-neck I've had for at least ten years and a black t-shirt with an Ireland logo that my sis got me when she went on holiday there last year. I can give daily updates on what I'm wearing if you want. I like doing that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Puce Moment on March 22, 2020, 03:59:37 PM

I'm giving it until next weekend before I start honkin' like Charlie Drake's hands.

I enjoyed Limmy's commentaries on those episodes of " 3-2-1", too.

One thing that I've been concerned about (though not enough to wear fresh strides every day) is whether worn clothes might be harboring the virus. All that hand washing would surely be for nothing if you contaminate them again the first time you scratch your arse.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 22, 2020, 08:06:08 PM
One thing that I've been concerned about (though not enough to wear fresh strides every day) is whether worn clothes might be harboring the virus. All that hand washing would surely be for nothing if you contaminate them again the first time you scratch your arse.

I considered this earlier, after I got in and washed my hands I dried my hands on my jeans and thought 'I've probably had my hands all over them while I was out shopping'. So then I changed into something else and washed my hands again.

idunnosomename

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 22, 2020, 01:22:47 PM
I'm in isolation, she's a germaphobe who is also a microbiologist. my piss droplets will hang in the air for 3 hours so she can't use the bathroom, can't shower as I will get cold and be further ill. She's so pissed off that now she has stopped feeding me.

I stare out of the window and slowly forget what life was like.
piss in her face

Sin Agog

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 22, 2020, 09:00:03 PM
For that matter, what about handling pets?

There have been some freak cases of pets contracting, and pretty much rejecting the virus, from their owners, but I haven't heard anything about them being carriers.  You're still encouraged to keep 'em isolated with you if you've got it.  I'm letting the cats out the back door but not the front door, as I bet there are still spanners going around petting strangers' cutiepie pets.  In fact, I saw someone cradle a little dachsund out on the street, put it down, then carry on walking.

Urinal Cake

From what I remember there have been two cases of dogs carrying the virus both in HK. The first was 16 years old and seems to have died from it. The second one I think is recovering.

holyzombiejesus

I don't know what socks to wear. I don't want to wear my horrible boring blacks work socks. I would wear my staying-in-all-day wool socks but I'm going to go for a walk in a bit. Could wear my colourful socks from Uniqlo but that seems a little decadent and will rob them of their 'treat' value. Can't wear boot socks with trainers. Fucking hell, there's going to be so much more of this kind of thing to come.

Blue Jam

I really ought to stop wearing out my werk socks here too. Got loads of bamboo socks in plain black, about 12 identical pairs all from the temple that is TK Maxx. Lovely and soft and the only downside is that they shed sock fluff everywhere. Might have to make like Saul Goodman and get all the colourful socks out from the back of the drawer. Need to find all my pairs which have sausage dogs on them too, I have more sausage dog socks than anyone needs.

Just painted my nails again. Over the years I've been buying nail polish faster than I've been using it up and so I have stopped buying new ones and trying to use up what I have. It's a nice thing to idly do as I read papers for werk.

Norton Canes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 23, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
I don't know what socks to wear. I don't want to wear my horrible boring blacks work socks. I would wear my staying-in-all-day wool socks but I'm going to go for a walk in a bit. Could wear my colourful socks from Uniqlo but that seems a little decadent and will rob them of their 'treat' value. Can't wear boot socks with trainers. Fucking hell, there's going to be so much more of this kind of thing to come

Wear 'trainer liner' socks, the ones that only go over you feet. Don't have any? Fold over the top of a regular sock until it's short enough to be covered by your trainers. 

hamfist

ended shaving - wanna come out of this with Terry Waite flex

I had considered growing a beard, but ultimately decided against it. It would prompt too much face touching during the week or so of itching.

Jockice

I had a shower and shave yesterday morning and changed my clothes too. I'm now wearing a dark blue round-necked m&s jumper (a present from my grifriend, a purple t-shirt with a silly slogan on it (a present from my sister) another pair of black jogging bottoms (purchased myself from Decathalon and black socks with chili peppers in the shape of lips on them (another girlfriend present).

Updates to follow as soon as I next get changed.

Jockice

Just had my twice-weekly shower and shave. I am now wearing a pyjamas set my friend Shaks bought for my last birthday (light grey trousers, lilac top with light grey collar and sleeves), a blue and white hooped fleecy v-neck top, grey boxer shorts (both Christmas presents from my sister several years ago and multicoloured striped odd socks (present from my girlfriend last Valentine's day).

I bet you all can't wait for the next update at the weekend. And incidentally, I do own some clothes that I bought myself.

Blue Jam

Put on a full face of make-up to go to the shops earlier.

Just been playing Xbox while wearing the smoking jacket I inherited from my dad.

This is the spirit, come on.

Sebastian Cobb

Ironically Covid forcing me to rearrange my spare room meant I have found the missing number 3 attachment for my beard trimmer that makes me look fabulous; I'm letting everything grow until the curfew is lifted, just to see how scruffy I can get though.

I'm putting more effort in than I usually do when not working.  I'm actually washing my hair and shaving to help pass the time.