Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2020, 01:10:59 AM
Ironically Covid forcing me to rearrange my spare room meant I have found the missing number 3 attachment for my beard trimmer that makes me look fabulous; I'm letting everything grow until the curfew is lifted, just to see how scruffy I can get though.

Was gonna do this then thought fuck it and shaved for a goatee.

A disaster, but who will see it?

Sebastian Cobb

Fuck that noise, beard or nowt. Anything else is trading advantages of not having to shave or not having to shape the thing.

I'm running with the hair thing 'cos mine's really thick and I've wondered what it would be like long but I've always looked too much like a nonce before it falls down my head.

I reckon with time it'll go like this

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 04, 2020, 12:56:38 AM
Put on a full face of make-up to go to the shops earlier.

Just been playing Xbox while wearing the smoking jacket I inherited from my dad.

You simply must get a cravat to complete the look Blue Jam.

Icehaven

Haven't bothered with make up in over a week now so every trace of eyeliner and mascara has gone for probably the first time in over two decades, and I had no idea how small my eyes actually were. They really are like pissholes in snow, which is disappointing.

It was quite nice at first, about halfway through the week before last, realising it was totally pointless slapping on the foundation and black crap around my eyes, but I'm starting to miss the ritual and, vainly, the sight of what I'm far more used to seeing as 'my face' than the redder, shinier, smaller eyed person I see now. But it would be a total waste of make up, as the saying goes, so fuck it I'll just have to stop looking in the mirror.

Blue Jam

Still wearing eyeliner here but mascara is something I have never bothered with as I just can't be arsed. I don't think my eyes are small, my particular problem is that I am as pale as an oven-ready chicken and have to wear at least a bit of blusher to avoid looking like death warmed up.

Still, it is quite nice working out at home, and not in classes at the gym where there's an entire wall of mirrors to remind me that I'm the whitest person in the room.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2020, 04:22:29 AM
I'm running with the hair thing 'cos mine's really thick

Liar ;)

Nah, mine's really thick as well and I was due a haircut when the lockdown began. I get my hairdresser to thin it out a bit at the ends to keep it looking tidy and manageable, now it's just going to mushroom out and go all bulbous at the ends. I'm just going to keep tying it back until the hairdressers all reopen.

Also my hair is now very grey, might have to address that soon but I like to dye my hair after I've had it cut so it's much less of a faff...

BlodwynPig

The Bumlord

I look like a tramp.

So much so that I had a Zoom meeting yesterday and refused to turn my webcam on. No you don't need to see this, fuck off.

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 04, 2020, 04:16:22 AM
Was gonna do this then thought fuck it and shaved for a goatee.

A disaster, but who will see it?

I'd had 3 ales when I wrote that. Thank god I didn't go through with it.

I'd see it, that's who.

Cloud

Just had my first shower and change in about 5 days, because I could start to smell myself

Not going anywhere = can't be fucked with it

Jollity

Being a hairy lady, I decided to stop removing my facial hair, just to see what it looked like. Tragically, it was a shameful beard, just uneven patches under the chin and some bits on the jawline. Not a handsome wizard beard I could wear proudly at all. So I have removed it again.

ollyboro

Just had my first shower for a month. First shave since New Year's Eve. First time since Christmas Day that I've brushed my teeth. First change of clothes since Bonfire night. Sick of my patients complaining.

Kryton

I've been bathing every day (it's my daily treat) -  But I haven't been arsed shaving or fixing my hair. I look like something that cat dragged in.

Sebastian Cobb

I've got bog roll in for the first time in 2 weeks. By this time on most days in the past two weeks I'd have had 2 showers by now but I've instead had none.

Jockice

Ah, I thought this thread had died off due to lack of interest in my regular(ish) updates. But I had my first shower and shave this morning (using a new blade) since March 31st. I'd been wearing the same clothes since then with the exception of socks (I put a pair of Christmas ones on on Saturday) and I also had a baggy dark blue hooded jumper (another present from my sis) on top of the tops I mentioned because I had to pop out to pick up my prescription at the end of last week and wasn't sure how warm it was outside, and a pair of black joggers also for my trip to Boots cos they have pockets and the grey pyjama bottoms don't.

Anyway, the grey pyjama bottoms are now back on as are the previously-mentioned chili pepper/lips socks (the latter have been washed) and I also have on lilac boxer shorts, a light blue Undertones t-shirt I bought when I went to see them live about a year and a half ago and a dark blue sweatshirt with a New York logo. Not sure where that came from. Had it a few years. It was a present I suspect. I've never been to New York.

Look out for the next thrilling update in a few days time.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

^ Could you describe your aroma after a week without washing?

Jockice

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 06, 2020, 06:52:24 PM
^ Could you describe your aroma after a week without washing?

Fucking horrible. That's probably the most exact description. Anyway, it wasn't a week. It was six days. And I did wipe down my genital area and spray some deodorant (Nivea For Men Black And White Invisible) on before going to the chemists.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Nice. A chemist will always appreciate a customer with freshly cleaned balls.

Jockice

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 06, 2020, 07:51:44 PM
Nice. A chemist will always appreciate a customer with freshly cleaned balls.

The pharmacist wouldn't let me sign my form though. She insisted on doing it herself. From a distance.

Jockice

Hey! I've just had a shower and shave and got changed. Not that I'm planning to go anywhere (so don't call the cops) but I was just feeling a bit grubby. I used Bayliss And Harding black pepper and ginseng body wash (a present from my friend Shaks), Head And Shoulders Ultra For Men, a Gillette Mach 3 razor and King Of Shaves shave oil (all self-purchases).

Now I'm wearing dark blue pyjama trousers and a mid blue half zip pyjama top (both presents from my sister. But - wait for it - they're from different sets. That's how devil-may-care I am), a grey t-shirt with the Postcard Records logo on it, grey and black checked boxer shorts (both self-purchases) and plain black socks (part of a set bought by my girlfriend.)

Hope you've enjoyed reading this. Back in a few days!

Janie Jones

Quote from: icehaven on April 04, 2020, 10:56:14 AM
Haven't bothered with make up in over a week now so every trace of eyeliner and mascara has gone for probably the first time in over two decades, and I had no idea how small my eyes actually were. They really are like pissholes in snow, which is disappointing.

Haha, same here except 4 decades!  I'm getting quite used to my little pink eyes and transparent eyelashes, like you see on pigs' heads in old-fashioned butchers.

Jasha

Quote from: Jockice on April 06, 2020, 06:01:57 PM
Ah, I thought this thread had died off due to lack of interest in my regular(ish) updates. But I had my first shower and shave this morning (using a new blade) since March 31st. I'd been wearing the same clothes since then

Would certainly Matt Hancock's approval except for the new blade

Ferris

Might buzz all my hair off just to see what happens. I could have a mohawk on the way through to a #1 all over, and teenage me would think I was really cool.

bgmnts

Gained 3 stone since last June and def look it now post covid. Need to ramp those walks up.

Only wearing joggers though, lets not go mental.

idunnosomename

burnt off my pubes with a gaslighter. marvellous smell

Kryton

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 11, 2020, 10:21:51 PM
Might buzz all my hair off just to see what happens. I could have a mohawk on the way through to a #1 all over, and teenage me would think I was really cool.

Do it. Nobody can stop you. And that's the law.

Sebastian Cobb

I've not just been neglecting my appearance, my manners are getting it also. There's a fair chance I won't remember to not do barney gumble belches when I return to being around other people.

Jockice

I'm back! And I know you've all been waiting for this latest update. I'm going to pop out to the shop either later today or tomorrow so I've got showered, shaved and changed. I used Body Shop white musk for men shower gel today and some of the same make roll-on deodorant (both presents from one of my many millions of female friends) and I also opened a new bottle of King Of Shaves shaving oil as the one I was using ran out on the last shave.

And I'm wearing.....black Decathlon jogging bottoms (I have three pairs of these,) a red t-shirt featuring the logo of the obscure and short-lived but excellent musical duo Rasp (purchased at one of their concerts), a plain black sweatshirt (not sure where this came from. I've had it for years),  blue and white checked boxer shorts (self-purchase. Part of a set from M&S if I remember correctly) and pink, yellow, light blue and brown hooped fluffy bedsocks (a present I suspect. Not the sort of thing I'd buy for myself). And the black trainers from Decathlon I wear on about 99% of my journeys outside nowadays.

I hope this has satisfied your curiosity for now. Laters.

Cloud

Feeling disgusting, might shower and change later. 

I don't shower before going out shopping as any stink would help with social distancing!

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 11, 2020, 11:08:01 PM
burnt off my pubes with a gaslighter. marvellous smell

You caused your pubes to question their own sanity? Harsh

Cardenio I

I'm doing a good job of maintaining standards - washing daily, spritzing on a bit of aftershave, keeping clean shaven. But if this lasts much longer there's no way I'm ever going back to wearing anything but joggers on my bottom half. It's been a dream.