Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:34:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So how much less effort are you putting into your appearance?

Started by peanutbutter, March 21, 2020, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Had a Zoom meeting this week. Put on a bit of makeup, dried my hair properly and put on some vaguely smart clothes.

Everyone else looked like they'd just rolled out of bed, with the exception of one participant who was actually still in bed.

Lesson learned.

Sebastian Cobb

I've been refusing to enable video for weeks. Honestly I could quite happily never let my colleagues have to see my stupid face ever again.

Blue Jam

I am frankly disgusted with my hair right now. It's fucking massive and unruly and I need to deal with all the grey even if I don't dare try and prune it myself.

Ferris

Video calls can fuck off. Some utter helmet in another department held a "virtual lunch" ie made everyone that reports to them take their break at the same time, and spend it eating in front of a camera and making awkward small talk to their laptops.

And got praised from the high heavens for being so inventive and "boosting morale".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 14, 2020, 03:46:07 PM
Video calls can fuck off. Some utter helmet in another department held a "virtual lunch" ie made everyone that reports to them take their break at the same time, and spend it eating in front of a camera and making awkward small talk to their laptops.

And got praised from the high heavens for being so inventive and "boosting morale".

This must be a perverse power play to remind their underlings they can still ruin things without being there in person.

I hope everyone on that meeting immediately took a proper break once it ended.

I've been taking my lunch much later without other people to either go with or the usual 'agreed' luncheon times. I'm just about to have my lunch now as it happens. Didn't have breakfast until about 11 though.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Despite maintaining my gloriously gorgeous appearance, video calls can indeed chuff the fuck off. I've not tried Zoom yet, but seemingly every other one is basically useless, with constant image freezing, incomprehensibly compressed audio or just randomly hanging up.
Even if the technology wasn't as shit as it is, what is point? The video adds nothing, except for a layer of awkwardness. It's nothing like speaking to someone in person (unless they've all got aspergers, what with everyone looking off to the side).

Complete and utter guff and yet society seems to have collectively decided this has to be the primary mode of communication during the crisis.

Butchers Blind

I was due to get my haircut on the day after the lockdown date.  It was getting unmanageable at that stage, but now its out of control like Bob Dylan's hair in the mid-1960's.  I could shave it off but part of me wants to see how far this can go.

Sebastian Cobb

I think there's mashed potato stuck in the tread of my slippers.

Ferris

peanutbutter

Done a clothes wash there, for the first time since the first week of March. It was a fucking huge clothes wash though, tbf.

Dex Sawash

Icehaven

About 8 months ago I bleached the bottom third or so of my hair and dyed it purple, only I over bleached so the ends have been slowly snapping ever since, with the end result being despite not being cut my hair hasn't got any longer since last Autumn and the purple has just gradually diminished to the point where it's nearly gone now. I cut it myself anyway so I'll probably just cut the bleached/purple bits off and leave it until this is all done with. Umming and ahhing about how to dye my hair seems like folly from a distant memory now.

chveik

I didn't wait for the lockdown to make minimal efforts... I have a 6 months old beard and I haven't cut my hair in 3 years. I look scary and unfit for employment (just as I want it). I do wear clean clothes and I sometimes remember that I'm supposed to have a shower.

Ferris

At the point where I normally lose confidence in my scruffy beard and tidy it up.

Not today!

Still having 1-2 showers a day because being all warm and clean is the best.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 15, 2020, 02:13:18 AM

Still having 1-2 showers a day because being all warm and clean is the best.

"Still too cold to wank outdoors"

timebug

Some of this was covered in the 'Have you ever cut your own hair' type thread. I cut my own hair and trim my beard USUALLY using a number two or three guide on a Wahl trimmer. A while before the Covid thing hit us, I decided to grow my hair out and trim my beard less. So I now look like the old man of the woods, or Catweazle! Not quite, but the beard is probably just over a number four guide, and my hair is on my shoulders. A young cousin who lives nearby thinks this look is disgusting, whilst my teenage grandaughter thinks it is 'cool'. Couldn't care less myself, I have no one to impress,and nothing to prove to anyone.
The hair and beard are washed ,probably more often than when short; hand washing is a regular thing anyway,so no biggie!

Captain Crunch

I'm looking a bit like if a young Ted Danson got his hair done at Pets At Home then smeared prittstick around his lower face and went bobbing for fag ends in a trough of pubic hair.

Ferris

Jockice

It's the return of CaB's most popular feature!

I tried having a shower this morning but my body decided that no way was I going to be allowed to stand up in it, so although I got wet I didn't use any shower gel or shampoo. I'm also going to have a very impressive bruise on my right leg. I haven't shaved either, but might do it with my electric one later.  I've used the previously-mentioned Nivea spray-on deodorant to prevent any lingering smells.

Anyway, I've got changed and am now wearing a light blue running top (although I haven't even tried running for at least two decades. The last time I tried I couldn't stop and hit a bus stop) and a dark grey t-shirt which says 'that's how I roll' on it (I do that) Both of these were presents from my sister. I have the first pair of Decathlon jogging bottoms on (I know they're the first I bought because the string bit has come loose at one side), purple flowery-patterned boxer shorts (girlfriend present) and light grey Superman socks (best platonic female friend present).

I'd just like to point out here that I actually bought most of the clothes I wear under normal circumstances but most of my underwear, socks and dossing about at home outfits were presents. Anyway, the washing machine's on now with all the stuff I've been wearing for the last couple of weeks in it. I'll be sure to mix and match when it's dry though, so you won't get bored.

Jasha

Quote from: chveik on April 15, 2020, 02:09:39 AM
I do wear clean clothes and I sometimes remember that I'm supposed to have a shower.

But it's not even the end of the month!

Puce Moment

I've been having these really fucking long and hot showers recently which I have been enjoying a great deal. No wanking I promise. Just lathering up to a ridiculous degree from the souls of the feet top the top of me bonce via all my pink nooks and crannies. It's a terrible waste of water, I know. But it's jolly nice.

What's the view on ordering clothes online? Lost another cheap pair of primark jeans to inner thigh chafidge so ideally need some more trousers.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on April 17, 2020, 12:31:03 PM
What's the view on ordering clothes online? Lost another cheap pair of primark jeans to inner thigh chafidge so ideally need some more trousers.

Going anywhere special?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 14, 2020, 08:39:03 PM
I think there's mashed potato stuck in the tread of my slippers.

You can't just recommend moccasin slippers to me and then mistreat your own like this. Are we going to need to have "the talk"?

Sebastian Cobb

I am a clumsy cook.

How are you getting on with yours nags? I bought some of them dunlops and they're great but the fur is making my feet pong, also they generate static which then discharges into my office chair.