Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whodunnit Recommendations

Started by DrGreggles, March 22, 2020, 01:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Me and my girlfriend fancy watching some Whodunnits but, as it's the genre that lends itself the least to re-watching, we're after some that neither of us have seen.

So, your recommendations please!

Mister Six

Dunno if it counts as a proper whodunnit, but we watched Clue (the film version of the boardgame) last night and it was great fun.

Knives Out, the recent flick, was good fun too - though without wanting to spoil it too much, it does veer away from the traditional whodunnit formula a bit.

studpuppet

Murder By Death.

Is Shutter Island a whodunnit? Sort of. It's very good regardless. And in a similar vein, Dead Man's Shoes.

Witness for the Prosecution (1957) is a classic.

chveik

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: studpuppet on March 22, 2020, 04:30:35 PM
Dead Man's Shoes.
It's a fine film, but I wouldn't remotely consider it a whodunit. It's much closer to the likes of Get Carter, Death Wish, or a sort of inverted slasher film.

TrenterPercenter

The Handmaiden.

Great film, watch this.

Replies From View

Start watching from series 2 onwards, when Jon Pertwee took over from Edward Woodward.

Sin Agog

The Inugami Family (and Kon Ichikawa's sequels) are all good, atmospheric and fun.  The first one isn't all that far from Knives Out, though it's got more horror elements and less Foghorn Leghorn.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074691/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_28