Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nirvana Live and Loud

Started by hummingofevil, March 23, 2020, 04:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

I had no idea this existed on the internet.

https://archive.org/details/youtube-i0g8toTz-ek

I have been looking for this recording in full for 25 years (YouTube had bits and pieces) and it is utterly brilliant. There is some phasing in mids from the digital rendering but bass sounds great and its loud as fuck and it is amazing. I am so happy right now. I rinsed this when I was 13 years old and was 41 last week.

sevendaughters

a great set. just noticed Dave goes from black top and braces to shirtless to t-shirted in about 6 songs.

buzby

It was released on DVD in 2013, including bonus rehearsal footage and other live TV appearances.
All the tracks from the concert are also available on the band's youtube account (minus The Man Who Sold The World, which has been uploaded by Novoselic's facebook tribute group).

Captain Crunch

Ooooh look they've got the MTV Music Video Awards from 1993!

https://archive.org/details/1993mtvvmas

Come on girls, popcorn and mountain dew! 

Shaky

Cheers for this! Was on a major Nirvana kick a few weeks ago so this is great.

madhair60

iamcoop

There appears to be someone uploading loads of stuff I've not seen before on YouTube recently - whether it's somebody that was close to the band I'm not sure but there's some great footage.

Roseland ballroom - Infamous amongst Nirvana fans, mainly due to the fact Cobain almost died of a heroin overdose a couple of hours before the show. (Only 3 songs)

https://youtu.be/THF-if9heHs

There's a few more than I can't be bothered to link now cos I'm on my phone.

Yeah, live and loud is great. Some of those later shows aren't that great to watch though because he was just so fucking miserable by that point. There's not a lot of joy in watching someone that clearly doesn't want to be there.

idunnosomename

The foo fighters are only the band nirvana couldve been

WestHill

Good luck to them in the charts this week!

Glebe

I think I bought this on VHS in a little record shop in Jersey. A VHS of Devo's music videos too.

hummingofevil

Quote from: buzby on March 23, 2020, 08:47:01 AM
It was released on DVD in 2013, including bonus rehearsal footage and other live TV appearances.
All the tracks from the concert are also available on the band's youtube account (minus The Man Who Sold The World, which has been uploaded by Novoselic's facebook tribute group).

Buzby you are a gem. I have to ask you this as literally you will be only person I can think of who can answer this.

Kurt's pedals. In this recording his feet are hidden by his monitor and he is stage right (is that correct?) but I think all three of them have pedal boards (they definitely do actually - watching the finale now). But on other live show recordings when they get big Kurt's guitar sound shifts effects when he centre stage. and not in reaching distance of a pedal board. Is there a guitar tech doing his effects off stage?* If so on what part of the guitar chain are they running. I assume its stage-offstageeffects-onstageamp mic sound desk- PA. The only other alternative is running FX in sound booth pre PA but that is all levels of wrong voltages and fakery.

You any idea?

*If there is an off stage guitar tech doing pedal board then it is amusing me to think whether they have them racked up on a table and controlling with hands or whether they are guitar miming with unplugged guitar and using their feet.

iamcoop

This set from the Astoria is great.

https://youtu.be/F4aqU7t9eEg

I'm a Nirvana fan boy, I make no bones about it. Teen spirit yada yada. They fucking rocked.