Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:06:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm going to start watching Justified

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 23, 2020, 02:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

There was a thread started at the tail end of last year but I just had a look and it seems like there may be a few spoilers in there. Does anyone fancy watching this? I watched the first two episodes last night and it's so great.

magval

What's the writing like? The dialogue, like.

chveik

Quote from: magval on March 23, 2020, 07:01:14 PM

it's great. that flowery southern way of talking

Ignatius_S

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 23, 2020, 02:04:49 PM
There was a thread started at the tail end of last year but I just had a look and it seems like there may be a few spoilers in there. Does anyone fancy watching this? I watched the first two episodes last night and it's so great.

I don't have time to watch much stuff, otherwise I'd be in - but would love to hear what others think.

I mentioned it in a recent thread, but Entertainment Weekly did a weekly postmortem with Graam Yost, which was a quick read but contained some really interesting stuff about how it was made - e.g. changes that they made. Olyphant had a fair bit of creative input (and in a good way!).

Last time I checked, the easiest way of finding the relevant one was to search for Jusitifed post-mortem and the name of the episode as the site didn't have an index.

Can't remember at what point they started.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: magval on March 23, 2020, 07:01:14 PM

As chveik says, the dialogue is excellent.

The story arcs are brilliant and Yost had a clear vision for the show -  and one that was shared by Olyphant. The final episode was a really satisfying ending - the best payoff for a show since The Shield.

Mister Six

I second all of Ignatius's remarks, especially wanting to hear what people think of it.

chveik