Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your skin's topography.

Started by Deadman97, April 23, 2005, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadman97

Something really got me thinking today. I was at the swimming pool this morning, and getting dressed afterwards I noticed a young lad whispering to his dad while looking over at me in a really weird fashion. I was pretty spun out, and wondered about it all the way home until it hit me- he must have been wondering what this was. It's a scar from a skin graft I had after an unfortunate boiling kettle/hanging flex incident when I was a nipper. I was really self-conscious about it as a young teen, but it's been so long since I'd even thought about it, I just didn't connect with what the kid was staring at. It's pretty impressive- stretches to about a third down my arm and over and below my left nip, but it's been there so long it just doesn't register as being weird. Same deal with this. During one of those clinically fed-up phases we all have, I thought a bit of DIY branding would be a good idea- it wasn't. The scar's been there ages, and is just part of my arm now, but whenever my sleeves are up and it gets noticed, hoo-hah ensues. My question is this- are there any other 'whores carrying distinguishing marks or scars under their clothes which might provoke weird reactions if you were to "get them out"? We're all unique. Let's share.

Deadman97 has seen "Crash" an unhealthy number of times

Almost Yearly

Mmm, gi's a lick buddy?

That scene where they're watching the video and reaching for each other's bits is accelerating-in-a-Lamborghini sexy isn't it.

I am, as I'm sure I must have asserted in the past, flawless.

oldandnew

I have unpleasant acne scars on my upper arms and upper back. But that's it.

Big Jack McBastard

I've got a birthmark that's about half an inch wide on my throat (right in the pit where my gullet meets my collarbone) people always think it's a tracheotomy scar and point it out, then I have to explain I've yet to have a pen shoved into my neck  and they get a bit disappointed.

I've also got the mark of Zorro (Or Sorro even) on my left hand too but I delight in telling people about how I got that so it's rarely pointed out as anything freakish.

TraceyQ

My tummy looks like an AA road map.

Tina

i have red stretchmarks on my hips cos ive gained weight too fast.

im NOT showing.

oh and i also have white stretch marks on my thighs from when i was 11 when i grew too fast. they never went away.

still not showing.

dan dirty ape

I've got a big red scar on my neck and a slightly less intense one on my left cheek from a knife mugging. No hiding those puppies. I'm still presentable enough, though. No children have pointed and stared yet.

Deadman97

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"I've got a big red scar on my neck and a slightly less intense one on my left cheek from a knife mugging.
Holy shit. Congrats. Or commiserations, not sure.

I have a few thousand scars caused by that there DIY branding from t'past, which I keep covered at all times because they are massive, ugly and very noticable. I'm not ashamed of them, but they cause problems and I couldn't be bothered explaining those things.  Unless I get drunk or feel, "I don't give a fuck today", they stay under my cardie.

I hate summer for this reason, as they itch like mad. On the rare occasions I'd had my sleeves up I've been called everything from a psycho to, er, a mental.  The most horrible thing though was when in a club I was being chatted up by a nice fella and I slipped my coat off before I wept with heat, he noticed my arms and said, "Oh.  I hope you get better soon".  And just walked away, just like that.  Cry.  I felt like a circus freak.  I made my own bed, however, so shall lie in it.

I have a long scar down the right side of my face which I know isn't noticable with make up but I'm still paranoid about anyway, so my wearing quite vivid make-up was born out of that one.  Also "I'm so ugly" syndrome was exacerbated  too.  Don't know why I'm mentioning it , like. And one on my throat from a mental with a knife (no not me).

Stretchmarks, have those too, but who doesn't?

Most annoyingly, though, is a crescent shaped scar on my thigh.  Where the hell did it come from?  I have absolutely no idea.  The little mystery scar is pissing me off!  It looks like a druid's been at it with a sickle.  Oi, you, Getafix! Git.

Xander

No, I have quite a big scar over my eyebrow from where a chickenpox pustule burst at age 8. Lovely, I know. My mum has a large scar on her right shoulder where an injection went horribly wrong. Not great on the details about that, but it's nothing hideous.

Des Nilsen

I have quite nasty Eczema which when it's at it's worst tightens my skin all over my back and chest and legs. It looks very messy, but thankfully it's healing. It could be so much worse - when it's inflamed it tightens and weeps when pressure is put on it, which makes going to bed awkward. There's nothing quite like the amonia smell of my skin rotting when it hasn't managed to heal for a month. It's helped out by medication though, so I am an optimist and I remain happy.
But my skin is aged as a result. I'm only 20 and my skin on my hands looks like something you'd see on someone in their late 50's. When it's cold, anyway. It's perhaps the only major blow to my security that I might disgust people with it. But this is as good as it gets. Hehe, you should see the wrinkles on my forehead. Scary. ;)

I also have stretchmarks on my thighs. If I put on weight it starts there. No scars, but one greying mole on my back that used to pulsate when I was younger.

-

no_offenc

I've got a big scar on my right calf from where I came off a bike when I was learning to ride aged about 5.  My leg caught in the chain, and I'm sure you can imagine the result.

annalisa

I'm covered in chicken pox scars from when I was a kid, and I've got a nice burn mark on my upper arm from where I knocked a gas lamp onto myself at scouts. Oh, and the dreaded stretch marks, but they're a given aren't they?

Russ

As a child I used to always step over the footbaths you get in swimming pools for washing your feet before you go in.

I'd step over them because I had the advantage of being tall enough to do so, and didn't want to put my feet into the cold stagnant water lying within.

One day the floor the other side was wet and I smashed my lower jaw on the tiles. I have a scar on the lower side of my chin, and the lower left side of my jaw was lovingly remoulded by my dentist.

I also have a small indentation at the top of my right thigh, which I have no idea what it is, or how it could have got there, other than running into the corner of something as a child whilst by skin was still forming its topography.

Another scar on the top of my right thumb is from primary school when I was holding some string for someone to cut, and they lopped the end of my thumb off instead of cutting the string.

BagJob

I have minor scars where the skin over my elbows, ribs, pelvis and knees got ground up as a slid along the road after falling off my bike. Falling off at 30mph can do a lot of damage; luckily I was wearing a helmet otherwise I wouldn't be such a pretty boy right now.

Cerys

Quote from: "Deadman97"Same deal with this. During one of those clinically fed-up phases we all have, I thought a bit of DIY branding would be a good idea- it wasn't.

Is that a figure 8, or an infinity symbol?  Either way, for DIY branding it isn't too bad!

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "TraceyQ"My tummy looks like an AA road map.
Oh, but only of the Lake District, surely. Just the odd pothole.

Frinky

^ Cheap

I think I have scars on my back, from an over excitable ex girlfriend. I can't see if they're that obvious (too much hair).

I have a scar on my knuckle, from where I was stabbed with a water pistol.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Frinky"Cheap
More than you can afford, bitch.

Cerys

Quote from: "Frinky"I think I have scars on my back, from an over excitable ex girlfriend.

I suddenly feel oddly stimulated.

QuoteI can't see if they're that obvious (too much hair).

I take it back.

Frinky

You're a shadow of what you used to be, intcha?

Cerys

I don't know what you mean.

[Toddles off to take photo of finger scar]

Edit - battery flat.  Pah.

Lady Beaner

A few mosquito bite scars on my arms and a couple on my legs from being in Mauritius for 2 months when I was 10.  

Also a strange mushroom shaped raised birthmark on my left shoulder blade that I can't help but touch from time to time.  It annoys the hell out of me!

Deadman97

Quote from: "Cerys"Is that a figure 8, or an infinity symbol?  Either way, for DIY branding it isn't too bad!
Ta Cerys. At the time it wasn't meant to be anything in particular (if you want to know how I did it, PM me- most of a decacde later I can't believe I went through with it) but it's healed nicely.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Fuck, has everyone got stretchmarks then, I thought it was just me and women who have had kids!

Mine came about when I grew from 5'7 to 6'2 in under a year.

Fuck, I wonder what David Banner's are like!

VorpalSword

Bruce....ok? Bruce.

[/geek]

Well, I have a few scars. One under my eyebrow, where I cut open my head falling onto a rock, one on my chin where a dog bit me when I was younger, and masses of chicken pox scars, cos I've had it three times.

Oh, and I have a scar on my cock, where a surgeon fucked up my circumcision.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "VorpalSword"Bruce....ok? Bruce.

[/geek]

Robert Bruce actually!  Yeah, I was thinking there would be more people who watched the telly version than read the comics.

What was he called in the film?

VorpalSword

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"
Quote from: "VorpalSword"Bruce....ok? Bruce.

[/geek]

Robert Bruce actually!  Yeah, I was thinking there would be more people who watched the telly version than read the comics.

What was he called in the film?

Film :: Bruce Banner
Comics :: Robert Bruce Banner
TV Show :: David Banner

Just a catch-up for all the off-topic lovers out there!

Rats

"your scars are beautiful"
I've got scars on my wrist from smashing a window, a cigarette burn on my wrist and a cigarette burn on the back of my hand, and a little scar under my bottom lip where I fell over as a child, face first into a step and put my tooth through my lip.

edit: A hotrock burn on my thumb near the knuckle, two little scars on my wrist from jabbing scissors in it. I only every look at my hands really, I can't think of anything else though.

burpmitosis

I am a Mess. I have birthmarks, giant evil moles, and scars galore. My nose is not symmetrical due to an incident as a child.  I also have a skin condition which means all the hair follicles get inflamed and turn into scars, so more or less every inch of skin on my body has a scar on it.   I have a weird lump on my leg, near the ankle, which I've tried to cut off a few times but it grows back bigger. Don't know what that is.
I like this thread.