Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stories of healthy people getting this bastard hard

Started by Twit 2, March 24, 2020, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Twit 2

GMTV

I'm not entirely sure this thread is the best idea. Hopefully these types of stories will be rare.

Dr Trouser

fuck off is he 28, looks about 38-40.

and that forehead is surely an 'underlying medical condition'

Twit 2

Quote from: GMTV on March 24, 2020, 08:56:05 AM
I'm not entirely sure this thread is the best idea. Hopefully these types of stories will be rare.

The thread title is pretty clear, no one has to click on it. I prefer to confront things, not sweep them under the carpet. Perhaps others might also. If not, the thread can sink like a stone. I think people who are very anxious about this virus shouldn't even be online, much less in this forum and this thread.

bgmnts

Healthy bloke gets fever and pneumonia, gets treatment and survives.

Pretty much that?

Twit 2

Don't think you're giving this virus the gravitas it deserves.

Ray Travez

I knew a guy who died unexpectedly of a heart attack. The local paper reported him as healthy, and stated that there was no way of knowing that it might happen. I was his friend, so I knew that he drank every night, smoked, and worked too hard. The jogging he'd recently taken up (in order to enter a charity event) clearly hadn't helped- probably the final straw that killed him to be honest.

(98 years old he was)

Dex Sawash

Really need a thread like this since I've been reminded that the chimney guy's death wasn't as funny as it first appeared.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 24, 2020, 09:15:13 AM
Don't think you're giving this virus the gravitas it deserves.

You mean this person's experience of having it. These seem to vary enormously.

Also quite a lot of elite sports people (not necessarily the above) are finding that their level of exercise is so extreme they are inadvertently immunocompromised and more susceptible to severe illness/reactions as a result.

Clearly a mid 30s beer lover would never let themselves get into such a state.

Chollis

massive bereavement

Going by the state of a lot of young people in this country, health wise, the UK (and USA) might prove to be an exception to the general rule.
There is also the perception that people who die depart this world around two weeks after coming down with it, but apparently it can take up to 2 months. So that's going to be a lot of ICU's taken up very quickly. We're also looking at the mortality rates going up because there's doomed folks out there right now who've had it for more than 2 weeks and haven't fucked off yet.

pancreas

Personally, I would have been glad if he had actually died.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 24, 2020, 09:10:36 AM
The thread title is pretty clear, no one has to click on it. I prefer to confront things, not sweep them under the carpet. Perhaps others might also. If not, the thread can sink like a stone. I think people who are very anxious about this virus shouldn't even be online, much less in this forum and this thread.

What should they do in their isolation then? Get counselling?

Dewt

I think a lot of this is going to be confirmation bias. Some 28 year olds are going to get sicker than you'd usually expect from this due to pure bad luck or an undiagnosed condition, and all of them are going to end up as headlines.

Pingers

Honestly thought this was going to be erotic fiction about Twit2 getting a lob on looking at an issue of Men's Health. Disappointed.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreas on March 24, 2020, 01:12:13 PM
Personally, I would have been glad if he had actually died.

This is escalating, from shiftwork2's mad week of personal abuse to holyzombiejesus firebombing NHS workers and spitting down their charred husks.

chveik

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 24, 2020, 03:10:06 PM
This is escalating, from shiftwork2's mad week of personal abuse to holyzombiejesus firebombing NHS workers and spitting down their charred husks.

heh, and it's only the first day of lockdown.

bgmnts

If I cough up into a tissue and hide it in a tree, is that bioterrorism?

I used to work with this guy. Glad he's making a recovery.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Putting the 'peaky' into Peaky Blinders themed nights out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Twit2 gets a lob on every time he reads about a sculptural Adonis who has acquired the slash and burn form of Covid-19 and CUMS when it gets to the bit where it's like my alveoli are individually getting done in by Levi Bellfield.

massive bereavement

Dewt

I personally take comfort in the fact that every young + healthy death is a headline and there are only a handful of them. I'll start worrying if it stops being feasible to report them all.

GMTV

No previously diagnosed pre-existing condition. If post mortem confirms an undiagnosed contributory factor will it be similarly publicised? Obviously not.