Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 729
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:33:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stories of healthy people getting this bastard hard

Started by Twit 2, March 24, 2020, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: GMTV on March 25, 2020, 04:28:43 PM
No previously diagnosed pre-existing condition. If post mortem confirms an undiagnosed contributory factor will it be similarly publicised? Obviously not.

That, basically.

Apparently there's a 0.2% chance for those under 40, and that will be largely comprised of those at risk.

Also someone who has been immunocompromised by their lifestyle or undiagnosed condition and can't tell and has been going around areas of high transmission.

A story of a certifiably healthy person getting it and dying would be notable.

idunnosomename

I dont think the media have run riot with this but twitter predictably are all doom-monging fingerwaggers

Its sad but healthy young people do die of seasonal flu every year. And the article doesnt say how long she was ill or anything

Twit 2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 24, 2020, 09:20:40 PM
Twit2 gets a lob on every time he reads about a sculptural Adonis who has acquired the slash and burn form of Covid-19 and CUMS when it gets to the bit where it's like my alveoli are individually getting done in by Levi Bellfield.

How did you see through my window? I put a giant rainbow on it!

jobotic

I don't think the hospital have confirmed that the virus killed her.

imitationleather

I don't want to judge, but when she was little her Nan probably should have made her play with the local gypsy kids to build up her immune system like mine did.

Pure negligence tbh.

idunnosomename

her mum is quoted as saying "so-called virus" and I can just think of Otis and Marvin

idunnosomename

quite frankly if i lived in High Wycombe i would embrace death's cold hand at 21 too

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on March 25, 2020, 07:50:17 PM
I don't think the hospital have confirmed that the virus killed her.
still the only source for this is her mum's facebook post

thank god for are brave fourth estate working hard

bgmnts

Imagine getting stabbed in the head but also having a cough and the coroner just going "yup Covid, NEXT".

idunnosomename

Quote from: GMTV on March 28, 2020, 12:42:20 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/chloe-middleton-death-21-year-old-not-recorded-nhs-covid-19-related
and everyone forgets

Top tip press. Dont report grieving family verbatim immediately after a tragic death. Helps no one except a few lucky people to get loads of likes

ProvanFan

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 25, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
her mum is quoted as saying "so-called virus" and I can just think of Otis and Marvin

She also tweeted that all apples have pips

massive bereavement

So she's a bit like Leah Betts then, reported as dying of what was causing the big panic of the day, but actually died of something else.

MrMrs

How did Betts die? I remember the big thing being, what was it, pills?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: MrMrs on March 30, 2020, 02:57:17 PM
How did Betts die? I remember the big thing being, what was it, pills?

Water intoxication

massive bereavement

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on March 30, 2020, 05:59:38 PM
Water intoxication

Yeah, IIRC her step dad was a high ranked police officer and her mum was an anti-drug campaigner in schools or something like that, so Leah panicked when they came home early, drunk tonnes of water in the hope the effects would wear off and her parents wouldn't notice she was tripping. Wasn't the first time she'd taken it either.

Dewt

ollyboro

I've never had any interest in Ecstasy, but it seems to be a remarkably safe drug. Since the 2nd Summer of Love, there must have been billions of tablets swallowed, yet death certificates issued were Ecstasy is mentioned number a few dozen a year. Even fewer were only Ecstasy is mentioned. Popping half a dozen pills a  night is deffo not as bad as eating half a dozen takeaways a night.

Quote from: ollyboro on March 30, 2020, 07:07:11 PM
I've never had any interest in Ecstasy, but it seems to be a remarkably safe drug. Since the 2nd Summer of Love, there must have been billions of tablets swallowed, yet death certificates issued were Ecstasy is mentioned number a few dozen a year. Even fewer were only Ecstasy is mentioned. Popping half a dozen pills a  night is deffo not as bad as eating half a dozen takeaways a night.

Yup, and yet the Daily Mail et al will always be quick to attribute a young kids death due to taking "Ecstasy", way before any postmortem. 

massive bereavement

BBC now reporting "Coronavirus: 13-year-old boy dies, says London hospital trust", it's their headline story but no details.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52114476

idunnosomename

it will be someone already ill who was vulnerable to it, and they wont even have died of it, i guarantee

it doesn't lessen the threat of this thing but this virus does not off normal young people

massive bereavement

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 31, 2020, 09:36:03 PM
it will be someone already ill who was vulnerable to it, and they wont even have died of it, i guarantee

it doesn't lessen the threat of this thing but this virus does not off normal young people

If the papers run with this as a front page or major headline tomorrow, it's going to cause some serious panic.

Independent are reporting that he died alone, because of the risk of infection, and that he had no other illness.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-boy-death-hospital-london-youngest-uk-ismail-abdulwahab-a9439526.html

idunnosomename

well they didnt run ott with Chloe Middleton (who died of a heart attack ffs, really awful, and you can see why her family flipped out) so let's see. they shouldn't have reported Chloe at all imo

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on March 30, 2020, 07:19:58 PM
Yup, and yet the Daily Mail et al will always be quick to attribute a young kids death due to taking "Ecstasy", way before any postmortem.

Even when it's 'ecstacy' it's probably PMA.

idunnosomename

actually weirdly click on the guardian link for the chloe middleton story and it's been "removed pending review"

which is. weird

chveik

Mister Six

Quote from: GMTV on March 25, 2020, 04:28:43 PM
No previously diagnosed pre-existing condition. If post mortem confirms an undiagnosed contributory factor will it be similarly publicised? Obviously not.

Although that's not much comfort. What if YOU have an undiagnosed condition?