Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Remarkable romantic liaisons

Started by Custard, March 24, 2020, 11:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney Sloane

Rebecca DeMornay and Leonard Cohen
Sarah Alexander and Gerald Harper
Barney Sloane and New Page Cunt

Custard

Didn't Sarah Alexander have a thing with forum favourite Michael Winner too?

Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows apparently had flings with two of the Coffee Friends, Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston. At separate times. Sadly

Denise Van Outen and Gary Glitter. Lordy

In the past, I've seen quite a number of mean-spirited tweets about Cate Blanchett's long-time husband, Andrew Upton, by women who fancy her and stick to the narrative that she must have secret lesbian affairs when he's not around.

Doesn't occur to them that maybe he's not a basically worthless human being like they are.

Urinal Cake

Remember when AOC's boyfriend was unmasked normally 'right-on' leftists started acting like Joan Rivers?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Barney Sloane on March 24, 2020, 10:34:45 PM
Rebecca DeMornay and Leonard Cohen

Nah, he's one of the greatest romantic songwriters and poets of all time, so I don't think it's in any way remarkable.

Custard

Cohen of course got a nosh from Janis Joplin in a Chelsea hotel. She actually did tell him to his face that he's ugly and that she was too, but they might as well. Plus a nice song came from it. Everyone wins

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 24, 2020, 10:56:05 PM
Remember when AOC's boyfriend was unmasked normally 'right-on' leftists started acting like Joan Rivers?

I was about to mention Riley Roberts, as I remember there being a mutual understanding of a sort between the people tweeting about him and those tweeting about Upton, but decided to leave it at that.

I think the crux of the issue was "Why are they with these uggos and not with meeeeeeeeeeeee?!"

Urinal Cake

I think a fair few straight woman were upset with AOC as well. Maybe because they were imagining hot latinx sex. Or maybe because there was some interracial factor they didn't like.

non capisco

Lembit Opik and one of the Cheeky Girls must be the nes plus ultra of this sort of thing. There can't have been much pressure on either side to manufacture that relationship, it must have been genuine. Sparks must have flown when he enthusiastically engaged her over his obsession with UFOs.

Leonard Cohen was a dashing man his entire life. Bad entry!

shh

Corbyn - Abbott.
JC Powys & Isadora Duncan.

pigamus

Keebleman

Michael Winner and a really hot busty schoolgirl from Grange Hill, Simone Hyams.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on March 24, 2020, 11:32:12 PM
Leonard Cohen was a dashing man his entire life. Bad entry!

True dat, as well as the aforementioned being a top poet thing. Don't forget his brilliantly improvised " I am walking here" line on " Midnight Cowboy" , either ( it's another onr of Lisa's Loveable Lookalikes!)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Michael Winner and anyone, bascally.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Percy from the Green Mile film married a 16 year old.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 24, 2020, 09:32:50 PM
Moby and Natalie Portman.

I think Moby has now admitted (after Portman raised her eyebrows upon his autobiography's publication) that what he called "dating" was what everyone else called "leching after".

lebowskibukowski

Laila Rouass and Ronnie O'Sullivan. Yer Rocket has got 'busty page 3 stunnah' written all over him, and instead he reels in the delightful Queen of sultry looks.

lebowskibukowski

Kristin Scott Thomas and Dean Gaffney was a bit of a curveball as well, if i'm honest.

Custard

Moby did apparently go out with Christina Ricci for a bit

Liverpool's John Scales had a thing with Britt Ekland in the mid 90's. Probably another childhood wish fulfilment thing

See also, and from the same time period, Jason Orange and Lulu

Cuntbeaks

poodlefaker

JFK and Marlene Dietrich, to get even with his dad.
Oscar Wilde copped off with Walt Whitman when he toured America.

Tangential, but when Liz Hurley was with Hugh Grant, her best friend Patsy Kensit with Liam Gallagher, and I often wondered how Hugh and Liam got on when they all went out together.

pigamus

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on March 25, 2020, 10:22:39 AM
Laila Rouass and Ronnie O'Sullivan. Yer Rocket has got 'busty page 3 stunnah' written all over him, and instead he reels in the delightful Queen of sultry looks.

He's a reasonably handsome millionaire genius, it's not that weird

Custard

About ten years ago Ally McCoist cheated on his wife with Patsy Kensit. How did they even meet?

Bill Clinton has of course been rumoured to have slept with a lot of women, but the rumours of him with Gina Gershon and Liz Hurley I just can't get my head around

There was a post on one of those celebrity gossip sites a few years back of Spielberg having an affair with Rebecca Hall. Another two people you can't really imagine sparking off each other

Sophie Dahl had a fling with Mick Jagger. But then I think everyone has

Custard

Him from (that show) and (an actress). Both being married to other people at the time, they tried to put out a Super Injunction to stop it coming out. And failed

lebowskibukowski

There was a lot of documentaries on TV around ten years ago about people marrying bridges and the like, does that count?

Urinal Cake

Only if the bridge reciprocates.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on March 25, 2020, 10:44:25 AM
There was a lot of documentaries on TV around ten years ago about people marrying bridges and the like, does that count?
What, like that singer from the Saturdays marrying reserve left-back Wayne Bridge?

studpuppet

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 25, 2020, 10:34:18 AM
About ten years ago Ally McCoist cheated on his wife with Patsy Kensit. How did they even meet?

I met Ally McCoist on the red carpet of third LOTR film premiere, so that could have been me TBH.