Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Punch the Air Moments in Comedy

Started by lipsink, March 24, 2020, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

Just binge watched The Office UK again there and remarkably the Xmas Special seems like almost the strongest to me of the entire run. Just seems so confident at that point plus the amount of Punch the Air "YASSS!!!" moments at the end is phenomenal. The big one is obviously "Chris. Why don't you fuck off?" Plus there's Dawn and Tim finally getting together.

Anyone any other favourites from other shows?

Schnapple

It is customary on here to point out that the characterisation of Neil in The Office Christmas Specials is out of sync with the rest of the series. But otherwise, yes, agreed.

Pink Gregory

Johnny Rose sticking up for Schitt's Creek and the life his family have rebuilt since going bankrupt and gaining a bit of fucking humility in front of his shitty rich friends.

pigamus

coinneach

when Trey and Matt kissed in BASEketball

Jockice

Quote from: Schnapple on March 24, 2020, 02:48:57 PM
It is customary on here to point out that the characterisation of Neil in The Office Christmas Specials is out of sync with the rest of the series. But otherwise, yes, agreed.

It's also customary for me to...oh, I can't be arsed. You all know what I'm going to say anyway.

Brundle-Fly

The first clip in this compilation of the rare times Tom & Jerry joined forces. It's the nemesis cat's grimacing face shaped like a steam iron that kills me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbnLLwZ784

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on March 24, 2020, 06:37:51 PM
It's also customary for me to...oh, I can't be arsed. You all know what I'm going to say anyway.

You know Candida out of Pulp, don't like Frasier, have ginger hair and a girlfriend?  ; )

Gulftastic

Mark giving Jeff the broom in 'Peep Show'. I literally did punch the air with glee. I loved that whole scene so much.

lipsink

Quote from: Schnapple on March 24, 2020, 02:48:57 PM

Very true and I noticed it much more distinctly this time. He's completely trolling Brent about bringing a date to the Xmas Party. I kinda think that maybe Neil was always a bit of a snake but managed to keep it hidden behind his "nice, reasonable guy" persona.

Another one I love is in Season 6 of Larry Sanders when Larry decides to cancel the show on air (before the network cancels it) and then sacks his 2-faced agent Stevie Grant. Fucking beautiful.

Jockice

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 24, 2020, 06:53:58 PM
You know Candida out of Pulp, don't like Frasier, have ginger hair and a girlfriend?  ; )

That genuinely is all there is to me. Oh, and curry.

wosl

Got you a Guinness and a Laphroaig chaser, mate.  Relax.

(I used hand santiser)

non capisco

Quote from: Jockice on March 24, 2020, 08:11:37 PM

Ah come on now. For me you'll always be the guy who was terrified in the middle of the night by George Michael's 'A Different Corner' playing on the radio, one of my favourite ever brief anecdotal posts in CaB history, along with someone's mate mishearing Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me A River' as 'Crimean War Hero'.

Jockice

Quote from: wosl on March 24, 2020, 08:28:06 PM
Got you a Guinness and a Laphroaig chaser, mate.  Relax.

(I used hand santiser)

Cheers mate. Can I have some mayonnaise on top please too?

Jockice

Quote from: non capisco on March 24, 2020, 08:37:55 PM
Ah come on now. For me you'll always be the guy who was terrified in the middle of the night by George Michael's 'A Different Corner' playing on the radio, one of my favourite ever brief anecdotal posts in CaB history, along with someone's mate mishearing Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me A River' as 'Crimean War Hero'.

The bloody thing still gives me the creeps even now. But I've just laughed out loud at the second anecdote.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on March 24, 2020, 08:11:37 PM

Curry, and Damon Albarn was a bit sniffy with you once.

Jockice

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 24, 2020, 09:35:40 PM
Curry, and Damon Albarn was a bit sniffy with you once.

True. Although I prefer the Hugh Cornwell hanging up on me one.

famethrowa

When the writers heap indignity upon the main character for the first 95% of the show, to give them half a minute of a small, inconclusive victory at the end.

Enzo

The finale of Detectorists is just one 30 minute long punching the air moment.

Yussef Dent

Ralph sticking up for Ted against his shooting partner Clive, made even better by Ted's sinister "don't ever walk in these woods alone at night sir." "What?" "You heard what I said" "What?" You HEARD what I said."

Deyv

"Then I say FIGHT."
"Mr Rimmer?"
"Better dead than smeg."

samadriel

I love when the army of Janets show up in one of the final eps of The Good Place. An exciting moment!

mr. logic

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 24, 2020, 07:10:30 PM
Mark giving Jeff the broom in 'Peep Show'. I literally did punch the air with glee. I loved that whole scene so much.

Which bit is this?

thenoise

Quote from: mr. logic on March 25, 2020, 06:45:18 AM
Which bit is this?
About a minute into this, the second clip.

Despite his reputation as a moaner, Victor Meldew is usually pretty sympathetically played, so the occasions that he does manage to get one up on his adversaries are particularly satisfying.

It's an odd episode overall, quite unpleasant in places, but Hearts of Darkness (the one where Victor stumbles across an abusive Care Home for the elderly, and helps the inmates take revenge on its staff) stands out, especially as I couldn't help but wonder how it was all going to go horribly wrong.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Tony Yeboah

Mark Corrigan explaining capitalism to the layabouts.

magval

Mairead rescuing Jock in the first series of The Young Offenders.

madhair60

Dean Venture saying to The Outrider "You know what I think? Fuck you!!"