Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

is anyone actually obeying the lockdown?

Started by Gregory Torso, March 24, 2020, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

There's 3 flats in our building, and the occupants of one went off in a taxi on Friday morning and haven't come back since, the others did the same this afternoon and are still out so I doubt they've just popped to the shops. The first ones I suspect have gone to hole up with family somewhere, but the others will probably be back later, think they just don't give a fuck. It'd be none of my business if we didn't have to share door handles and bannisters with them but we do so I sincerely hope they've fucked off for the duration too.

El Unicornio, mang

Went for a walk on the beach since it was so nice out and looks to be turning cold again tomorrow, and there was a small number of people walking dogs or just having a brisk stroll, certainly if this wasn't going on and the schools were off it would be packed. There was also a few surfers, not sure if that falls under necessary activity but I guess if they're in the sea it's not really a danger to anyone.

phes

Quote from: JarrowMonkey on March 25, 2020, 10:13:30 AM
My cousin has said people are coming into the bank where she works to withdrawn piddling sums from the counter, change old twenty pound notes to the new ones and shite like that, pretty crap really

Today I had to turn away from our treatment centre:

1. A hospital driver who had brought in a £20 bag of 5ps to change up at the café.

"I always bring them in here to change up though"

Mate. I'm not even going to let you in, let alone your four hundred disease ridden bits of shrapnel

2. A woman who had brought back some blankets that her mother was discharged with last week.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people genuinely don't get it

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 25, 2020, 08:27:11 PM
Been sunbathing on my lunch

Far less messy if you just do it on a towel haha, man I am killing it on here today

purlieu

Quote from: wooders1978 on March 25, 2020, 08:19:27 PM
There is no need to be bombing about on your bike either, to do so is selfish hubris at the moment when nhs have other shit to worry about right now, what is so hard to understand?
???
What?

"Don't ride a bike, you'll need the NHS."

Danger Man

Walk to the shop. Saw nobody. No cars. An empty bus went by.

100% lockdown  (apart from me)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Are all the pubs definitely shut down now?

El Unicornio, mang

It is the '20s, speakeasies surely ripe for a comeback

Rev+

Without wanting to bring that mystifying cycling tangent back, holy shit are there some cunt drivers about at the moment.  3AM eternal:  open 'er up, don't slow down when cornering, fuckin' aaaaave it.  I do live in Hemel though.

I've got to walk through the town centre tomorrow, and am hoping for 28 Days Later scenes because it's usually ridiculous, even on a weekday morning.  Half expecting there to still be loads of people milling about, bumping off of shuttered shop fronts.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Zetetic on March 25, 2020, 03:59:52 PM
I ride my bicycle on the pavement, the safest part of the road.
i drive my car there too

Icehaven

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 25, 2020, 10:23:55 PM
It is the '20s, speakeasies surely ripe for a comeback

"Anybody who is anybody will soon walk through that door, at, Fat Sam's Covid Slam, Corrr-ona."

This has been the quietest Friday night I've ever known. Usually all I can hear outside are gangs of pissed up kids screaming but tonight nothing except the church bell tolling on the quarter hour and the occasionally hush of a passing car.

chveik

Replies From View

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 25, 2020, 08:32:50 PM
Went for a walk on the beach since it was so nice out

Did you shake hands with all the sand?

Icehaven

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on March 28, 2020, 12:30:03 AM
This has been the quietest Friday night I've ever known. Usually all I can hear outside are gangs of pissed up kids screaming but tonight nothing except the church bell tolling on the quarter hour and the occasionally hush of a passing car.

This is it, providing we don't get ill, those of us of a slightly misanthropic bent are going to get quite spoilt while this is going on. Some of our downstairs neighbours have disappeared so we don't have to hear them slamming around at 4am anymore, and we live near a lot of shops and they're still fairly well stocked and empty of other people. I can think of worse ways to spend endless weeks off work than deliberately not having to interact with other people. If it wasn't for the beautiful weather I wouldn't even be bothered about not having to go out at all.

Icehaven

Quote from: icehaven on March 25, 2020, 08:32:35 PM
There's 3 flats in our building, and the occupants of one went off in a taxi on Friday morning and haven't come back since, the others did the same this afternoon and are still out so I doubt they've just popped to the shops. The first ones I suspect have gone to hole up with family somewhere, but the others will probably be back later, think they just don't give a fuck. It'd be none of my business if we didn't have to share door handles and bannisters with them but we do so I sincerely hope they've fucked off for the duration too.

Well the stupid fuckers had an entire family over visiting for hours yesterday. A car that belongs to their friend appeared in the afternoon, and at about 9 we could hear their front door opening and closing and saw the friend loading bags of clothes into the car, then he and a woman carrying a child all came out of the flats, got in the car and drove off. Judging by the fact we hear their washing machine going at least once a day, sometimes more (in a one bedroom flat occupied by a couple with no kids), I think they must do laundry for friends/customers, and yesterday rather than have one of them come over and collect their laundry from a safe distance, a whole family came over for hours, wiping their germs all over the communal areas, because they and our neighbours are fucking thick pigshits. Feel like ringing the police but I doubt they'd be interested.

El Unicornio, mang

Similar thing happening in my street with one nasty family who no-one liked to begin with. It wouldn't be so bad if these people not obeying simple instructions would just get it themselves and shuffle off this mortal coil, but they're spreading it all over the shop for everyone else.

Buelligan

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 25, 2020, 05:31:05 PM
Aren't reckless drivers likely to come a cropper themselves?

We can only pray that they kill themselves outright and save the NHS the trouble of trying to save their lives so's they can concentrate on saving lives.

Twit 2

Quote from: purlieu on March 25, 2020, 09:18:05 PM
???
What?

"Don't ride a bike, you'll need the NHS."

WHAT IF YOU FELL IN A HOLE?

Buelligan

Twit 2

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 25, 2020, 08:32:50 PMThere was also a few surfers, not sure if that falls under necessary activity but I guess if they're in the sea it's not really a danger to anyone.

What if your alpaca knocks them off the surfboards?

rue the polywhirl

I've got to be honest, I've completely been flouting the lockdown as of late. I've been going out for 31-minute jogs everyday in the beautiful outdoors and sometimes if I'm not careful they turn into 32-minute jogs. I always make two shopping trips if the first place doesn't have what I want. I also bought myself an Easter Egg and paid for it in cash because that's all I had. 🥚 💵

Twit 2

Fambo Number Mive

Captain Z

Just been out in car for first time in over 2 weeks to pick up my IT equipment and a few other bits from the office. Still a reasonable amount of traffic around, more than I expected. Fucking full kit wanker cyclist on the road on the dual carriageway despite the fact the deserted pavement immediately to his left is a fucking SHARED FOOT/CYCLE PATH GAAAHHHHHHRASFDSFFSSGGSFFSADDFS.

Twit 2

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/richard-hirst-challenges-walkers-driving-to-fields-1-6586582

This illustrates the problem with people being told they can't drive to exercise or dog walk, even though it's the option that involves less risk. The villages mentioned, Martham (small) and Caister (coastal) are rammed in the warmer months. I can well believe the walkers saying they can't walk there because it's so busy. I know these places. Going somewhere more remote, like fields, where you're not clustered around a central point and not likely to bump into people, seems eminently reasonable. It sounds like farmer is just pissed off at dogs on crops, which is an understandable yet totally separate problem that would occur regardless of the Covids.

From Caister, round to Stalham, that's the true backwoods of Norfolk. Redneck, hicknick, yokel country.