Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

is anyone actually obeying the lockdown?

Started by Gregory Torso, March 24, 2020, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzby

Quote from: Captain Z on March 31, 2020, 02:27:27 PM
Fucking full kit wanker cyclist on the road on the dual carriageway despite the fact the deserted pavement immediately to his left is a fucking SHARED FOOT/CYCLE PATH GAAAHHHHHHRASFDSFFSSGGSFFSADDFS.
How fast was he going? Shared use paths have a speed limit of 18mph. Anything above that speed and you should use the road.
No excuse for the full kit wankery, though.

MojoJojo

Quote from: buzby on March 31, 2020, 03:40:21 PM
How fast was he going? Shared use paths have a speed limit of 18mph. Anything above that speed and you should use the road.
No excuse for the full kit wankery, though.

What with cars pulling out of drives, unpredictable pedestrians, pot holes/tree roots, you'd have to be bloody mental to cycle anywhere near 18mph on most shared used paths.

bgmnts

Went for a walk down the river and absolutely heaving.

If anything, this lockdown has got morr people out of the house and engaging with their environment.

Cloud

Had a simple walk around the block yesterday for half the allotted hour of daily exercise and it was arduous trying to avoid everyone else.  I thought "fuck me, every cunt's out.  Can't they stay at home?" before realising I was part of the problem.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Loads of people by the Thames today. Saw plenty of families sloshing around in the water too. No idea why. Even locals don't seem to be aware that there's sewage outflows dotted all along the river. Just another way of ending up in hospital bed, as far as I can tell.

Icehaven

Had to go to the corner shop today and three blokes who worked there were just standing round chatting by the door, not moving until you stand at a distance and smile politely, at which point they realise they should stand back at least a bit so you aren't literally pushing past them to get in. Another planet.

idunnosomename

Quote from: bgmnts on April 03, 2020, 06:31:02 PM
Went for a walk down the river and absolutely heaving.

If anything, this lockdown has got morr people out of the house and engaging with their environment.
it really has. without being snooty, a lot of families are out because EVERYONE is bored shitless, because internet content has ground to a halt too, because even celebs all over the world have nothing to do either

gib

we got so bored the other day we took the kids for a walk down the river, and we saw a huge white duck about 3ft long

pancreas

jobotic

Traffic jams in Whitstable apparently this morning. Off to their second homes for the weekend.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: jobotic on April 04, 2020, 11:04:53 AM
Traffic jams in Whitstable apparently this morning. Off to their second homes for the weekend.

That or just cunts going to the seaside cos its a nice day.

Abnormal Palm

I drive round in my big enough ice cream van and whenever anyone comes up for an ice cream I spit on them

jobotic

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 04, 2020, 11:12:33 AM
That or just cunts going to the seaside cos its a nice day.

Nah its second homers celebrating Starmer's win. Guarantee it.

El Unicornio, mang

We do live in an age where we have access to pretty much every song, book, film, TV show ever made at the touch of a button, so we should at least be thankful for that. Particularly when you think about the limited entertainment that would have been available during the 1918 Spanish Flu lockdown.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 04, 2020, 12:23:13 PM
We do live in an age where we have access to pretty much every song, book, film, TV show ever made at the touch of a button, so we should at least be thankful for that. Particularly when you think about the limited entertainment that would have been available during the 1918 Spanish Flu lockdown.

Yeah, just fucking and reading, at the same time.

Head Gardener

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 04, 2020, 12:23:13 PM

Without modern communications i doubt they would have even contemplated it, herd immunity all the way.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on April 04, 2020, 04:25:38 PM
Without modern communications i doubt they would have even contemplated it, herd immunity all the way.

Probably why 50-100 million died!

Icehaven

Nearly 500 house parties and 166 street parties reported to police in Manchester in the first 2 weeks of the lockdown.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-map-parties-coronavirus-lockdown-18067390.amp

Obviously to be taken with a bit of scope as there's nothing to say they were all full-on parties but still, if even half of them were that's fucking ridiculous.
And 'street parties'?! What the fuck, is it 1953 in Manchester or something? Who has street parties? Or do they just mean a bunch of pissed up fuckwits letting fireworks off in the middle of the road?

Fambo Number Mive

If a fine won't put people off, what else can be done? These people don't care how many others they infect or kill.

bgmnts

To be fair most people are going outside and staying well away from people.

Dog walkers are still letting their dogs roam free off leads though, but dog walkers have always been entitled twats.

BlodwynPig

Do people keep fireworks in their home through the year?

Someone near me let some off during the NHS clap the other day.

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 09, 2020, 02:52:06 PM
Do people keep fireworks in their home through the year?

Quote from: Quote on April 09, 2020, 02:53:25 PM
Someone near me let some off during the NHS clap the other day.

Yeah same here, it's like New Year's Eve during the clapping.

Dr Trouser

Robert Jenrick seems not to give a fuck about his own dictate. A politician  hypocrite, how unusual.

Morning run yesterday and looks like most people are out and about and as busy as a normal weekday. Glasgow has had enough it would seem

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 10, 2020, 07:23:28 AM
Morning run yesterday and looks like most people are out and about and as busy as a normal weekday. Glasgow has had enough it would seem

Same here where I live in The Netherlands, the police weren't even moving people on in the park there was so many yesterday. My daughter's boyfriend is a mechanic and they're snowed under at the moment, everyone's using the downtime to get minor niggles fixed whilst they don't need the car to get to work.

The government need to do a full lockdown or just let everyone go back to work and what will be will be.

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 10, 2020, 07:23:28 AM
Robert Jenrick seems not to give a fuck about his own dictate. A politician  hypocrite, how unusual.

He can wriggle out of this. The report said he was travelling on his own, mentioned past instances where he takes his parents food and medication, and there was no evidence that he went into the house. The Guardian reporting was not a concrete bang to rights case.

BlodwynPig

Dewt

I don't understand the brains of people who would be so cavalier about this. I guess it's the same reason people can make utterly insane decisions like "let's have children". Just a basic lack of ability to foresee consequences.