Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:01:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

is anyone actually obeying the lockdown?

Started by Gregory Torso, March 24, 2020, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Lockdown seems to be working here. A couple of cars and a handful of people and that's that.

All good.

Icehaven

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 24, 2020, 08:55:25 PM
It was 15 and cloudy where I am. I am in the grim north though. Obviously people should get out for a bit of exercise/fresh air, but not grilling out in parks in groups.

It was beautiful here in Brum, very sunny and warm but not too warm, perfect pub garden weather dammit.

El Unicornio, mang

Apparently it's going be sunny and mild here tomorrow, fingers crossed. Would like to at least sit in the garden for a bit.

weekender

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 24, 2020, 09:06:20 PM
Apparently it's going be sunny and mild here tomorrow, fingers crossed. Would like to at least sit in the garden for a bit.

Fucking Tory, with your fucking garden.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 24, 2020, 08:55:25 PM
It was 15 and cloudy where I am. I am in the grim north though. Obviously people should get out for a bit of exercise/fresh air, but not grilling out in parks in groups.

15 is balmy, friend - lovely melancholic vibe

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: weekender on March 24, 2020, 09:07:21 PM
Fucking Tory, with your fucking garden.

I thought you came on a child's head over your garden fence.

Beagle 2

Quote from: icehaven on March 24, 2020, 08:30:51 PM
There are weird misconceptions and so on though, on the way home Mr. H popped into a Premier corner shop to get some vape liquid, and I just casually mentioned we could get some pasta if they had any. A woman working there overheard and scornfully said "We don't have pasta, no one has any pasta!" as if it was ridiculous I'd even considered it. There were two shops within a minute's walk of there that had plenty, it was only because we were already in her shop that I even mentioned it. It's really not as bad as it's being depicted online in a lot of places, but yeah that's enormously dependent on where you are.

Yes, all the booze was gone in the shop at the end of the road (save one, poignant pack of Corona), plus fruit and veg, meat, bog roll etc, you know the drill by now. Ashen faces, cunts tutting at shop assistants. Twenty seconds walk away the other slightly scabbier looking shop had everything. Ales from every corner of the earth (Yorkshire). Looooooads of Freddos.

kngen

My idiot busybody neighbour has decided this is the perfect time to have a new roof installed. And, because he is an impossibly nosy busybody piece of shit, he spent the whole time on the roof getting up close and personal with the roofing crew, chatting with them and making sure they did the job properly (not that he has the faintest clue what they were doing; he's just one of those self-professed experts on everything that actually knows nothing). I am genuinely looking forward to his imminent death.

MrMrs

I'm becoming irrationally annoyed reading stories of these idiots who don't keep their distance

idunnosomename

it was funny going for a walk in the park today. people swerve all over the place. lots of weird looks and comments between every group.

BABHHAHAHAHAH I WASNT WEARING PANTS AND HAD A THUMPING ERECTION

no actually still it was weird

kalowski

It's a shit lockdown because I went to work this morning, went to the shop when I came home and went for a short walk. All allowed, all outside my house.
Lockdown my arse.

Cloud

So far, but really feeling the need to irresponsibly nip to the shop for booze and chocolate.  The small pleasures in life of which are somewhat lacking - rationing my beers at the moment, it just won't do.

weekender

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 24, 2020, 09:45:30 PM
I thought you came on a child's head over your garden fence.

If memory serves, it wasn't my garden or my fence.

Cloud

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 24, 2020, 11:04:41 PM
buy more beer you idiot

But what I consider "essential" and what the popo consider "essential" may differ!

Still, they probably have better things to do

Well you know, that and the risk of bringing the wrong type of corona home to the parents.

idunnosomename

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

M - M  - M - M - M - MY CORONA

god the riff is so fun I dont mind that this pandemic keeps reminding me of it.

Mister Six

thenoise

All the joggers are out.  I think all these facebook twats think lockdown is a great opportunity for them to get into the shape of their lives!  Fuck that, it's a good opportunity for me to get extra fat and watch absurd amounts of TV.  or maybe they are all usually down the gym?

Two policemen were walking down the street knocking on people's doors, and blatantly not observing 2m distancing to the poor person who opened up.  We decided that we would talk to the dirty bastards through the door.  But they never knocked on our door.  Fuck knows what that was all about.

imitationleather

Quote from: thenoise on March 25, 2020, 08:00:59 AM
All the joggers are out.  I think all these facebook twats think lockdown is a great opportunity for them to get into the shape of their lives!  Fuck that, it's a good opportunity for me to get extra fat and watch absurd amounts of TV.  or maybe they are all usually down the gym?

Two policemen were walking down the street knocking on people's doors, and blatantly not observing 2m distancing to the poor person who opened up.  We decided that we would talk to the dirty bastards through the door.  But they never knocked on our door.  Fuck knows what that was all about.

They're asking your neighbours if they'd heard that you're a nonce innit.

wooders1978

I am at my mothers at the mo - she's out of hospital now (mass discharge from reading on Monday btw)
I grew up here and it's very close to the M4, I took the dogs for a lunchtime walk yesterday and it was the first time since the 80s where there wasn't a constant roar from that bloody road - no cunts about either so just a serene peaceful walk in the sun, I massively enjoyed it I must say, looking forward to today's

On the topic of going out - can you cyclist cunts just stop? Don't the nhs already have enough to worry about without you idiots gonna by out and doing your high risk exercise? Pricks

Alberon

We're being responsible and because Mrs Alberon has been ill, but is fully better now, she can't leave the house till Friday, and I can't leave until a week Friday. Saw a few people passing yesterday, mostly dogwalkers, but also a couple of kids who, to be fair, seemed to be jogging.

Thankfully the last few days we've sat out on the patio in the sunshine and it's almost hot. Won't last into the weekend, but it's been nice to sit out there and get some fresh air.

One of my colleagues at work is deemed in a high risk group. She's been told to self-isolate for twelve weeks. In a flat. I love my books, games and TV shows, but I'd be climbing the walls inside of a fortnight.

checkoutgirl

I never imagined it would be a deadly flu pandemic that would close the gym that I'm at war with but a victory is a victory. Silence is golden and the bedroom window is open.

Ireland now in lockdown since yesterday but I downloaded a nice cache of films to watch so who cares? Wonder if my muscles will atrophy from under use soon.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: weekender on March 24, 2020, 11:14:35 PM
If memory serves, it wasn't my garden or my fence.

And, quite bizarrely, not your semen.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: wooders1978 on March 25, 2020, 08:42:00 AM
I am at my mothers at the mo - she's out of hospital now (mass discharge from reading on Monday btw)

On the topic of going out - can you cyclist cunts just stop? Don't the nhs already have enough to worry about without you idiots gonna by out and doing your high risk exercise? Pricks

Cycling banned now in France, innit? Also, I trust by now everyone's seen that video of various mayors around Italy losing their shit with their citizens, including one mayor personally going outside to order a pair of dozy eejits to stop playing fucking ping pong and get back indoors.
This lockdown in England souns a bit half- assed to me. At least here in Moscow we've got the especially released lions roaming the streets to keep us all indoors.

JarrowMonkey

My cousin has said people are coming into the bank where she works to withdrawn piddling sums from the counter, change old twenty pound notes to the new ones and shite like that, pretty crap really

Fambo Number Mive

The old twenty pound notes don't go out of date for ages do they? I don't think the bank have set a date yet.

selectivememory

Don't understand the animosity towards cyclists. Just let people exercise how they like. As long as they're not riding around in packs and spitting in the faces of passersby, it's none of your business.

wooders1978

Quote from: selectivememory on March 25, 2020, 12:13:06 PM
Don't understand the animosity towards cyclists. Just let people exercise how they like. As long as they're not riding around in packs and spitting in the faces of passersby, it's none of your business.

With the roads less busy drivers are not as alert as usual - they are going out and putting themselves at risk of being hit by a car and it is simply not necessary
The nhs do its need to be dealing with Colin in his "team sky" Lycra being nobbled of his bike at this moment