Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:43:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ordering non-essential stuff online - a cunt's game, or fair game?

Started by alan nagsworth, March 24, 2020, 05:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Yeah, fuck Hermes.

One of those companies that seems to actively hate its customers.

imitationleather

My local Hermes guy is a top boy. Never judges.

It's all down to where you live.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 10, 2020, 07:13:24 PM
Why do businesses continue to use Hermes? I presume that the number of customers who will stop using them because they use Hermes is low enough that it doesn't matter.

I wonder if some businesses would get a lot more custom by never using Hermes and making it clear on their website that they don't.

They're rubbish but they're relatively cheap for businesses to use compared to more reliable companies.

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on June 10, 2020, 07:16:33 PM
My local Hermes guy is a top boy. Never judges.

It's all down to where you live.

I'm not willing to suck off a delivery guy tbh.

Fair play to you though.

flotemysost

Dunno about Hermes but there's a DPD guy who was the object of my lockdown lust in the first few weeks, sure he's got enough on his plate without being perved on by a bored rosbif though.

Cloud

I recently posted my MacBook Pro twice with Hermes (insurance related, long story) and it's only afterwards I've realised I must have been really lucky not to have lost it for good.

Butchers Blind

I do think Hermes was set up as a practical joke on the nation.

With Amazon stuff, where possible, I choose the locker option that way you know its been delivered and you don't have to fuckarse about all day waiting in for it to turn up.

The locker is also a great option if you've ordered something naughty and you want to smuggle it into your home without your other half finding out.

I mean, sure, I could have a deep and difficult conversation about why I should be allowed to order frivolous nonsense with my own money during a time of financial uncertainty, but why do that when Billionaire Jeff lets me stop off at the petrol station after the big shop, pick up my item from the locker, take said item out of the packaging, smuggle it in with the shopping and slyly get rid of the packaging by flattening it down and sliding it into the big bin?

"Do you need a hand unloading that?" No, love, I'm absolutely fine. You put your feet up, you've earned a rest. *winks to the camera*

Sebastian Cobb

I've not had a problem with hermes but I'm fortunate enough I can get stuff delivered to work.

Although I know they're shit I have used them to punt things on ebay or returns because they have drop off services in corner shops and can print the labels. From that side it is convenient.

Fambo Number Mive

The only reason I dont use the locker is that it's two extra touch points, the keypad and the locker to close it. Even with hand sanitizer I'm a bit concerned about it.

Well, that and my nearest locker is a 40 min walk to a busy shopping area.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 11, 2020, 11:40:16 AM
The only reason I dont use the locker is that it's two extra touch points, the keypad and the locker to close it. Even with hand sanitizer I'm a bit concerned about it.

Yeah, I guess I'm fortunate in that I have two near me both within a 5 minute walk.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 11, 2020, 11:40:16 AM

Pokey stick.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Need to buy a talkbox when it's back on Amazon. May sound non-essential but it's anything but. And nobody else's gob is going near that tube so it's fine (I think)

Harry Badger

Today I received two separate Amazon packages addressed to me, with the correct address, that I have never ordered or even thought about ordering. The items contained within are : a dodgy looking Iphone 6 replacement battery, a small quantity of wood panel effect stick-on wallpaper and some bluetooth earphones. There is no docket inside the package. I'm minded to keep and then flog them.

Check your order history.

It might just be some sort of weird system error, but also sometimes people hack accounts, order from them using the saved card and then give customer service the "I just moved to Belarus but forgot to change my address, can you send me another one?" spiel.

Harry Badger

Just checked and there are some dodgy orders archived, made yesterday morning. These three items to mine and another to my brother's house. The cunts also signed me up to Prime.

I've changed my password, added OTP verification and deleted the card in question from the saved cards bit (I assume they will still be able to refund to it). Anything else I should worry about?

Interesting motive, never thought of that.