Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What can we say instead of "Don't you know there's a war on?"

Started by Beagle 2, March 24, 2020, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

"Don't you know there's a pandemic accelerating?" is too cumbersome, but I feel like we need some sort of plucky catchphrase to cheekily chastise plucky Brits who pluckily bend the rules with their trademark pluck such as exchanging poached poultry for bitcoin or forcibly gobbing in the mouth of an octogenarian with a compromised immune system.

BlodwynPig

Cloud

Urinal Cake

I think we have to learn from the Italian mayors https://twitter.com/protectheflames/status/1241696164782669824
Personally I like, 'You're not Will Smith and this isn't 'I am Legend' so you could adapt it to similar movie references- 28 Days later, Shaun of the Dead etc.

idunnosomename

im not sure it's a good idea to take lessons in anything from italian men

Blumf

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 24, 2020, 10:48:12 PM
'You're not Will Smith and this isn't 'I am Legend'

What about Charlton Heston in The Omega Man?

I'd rather be Vincent Price, to be honest.

Gregory Torso

"you are not Andrew Lincoln and this is not Teachers! Get inside, get in your pyjamas and GO TO BED"

Urinal Cake

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 24, 2020, 10:51:32 PM
im not sure it's a good idea to take lessons in anything from italian men
But these are politicians they're held to a higher standard. I also really like, 'I am the Mayor. You don't 'stroll' in my town'

blue reel

weekender

"Well child, now that we're home schooling I'm going to tell you what an exponential curve is"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 24, 2020, 11:05:22 PM
But these are politicians they're held to a higher standard. I also really like, 'I am the Mayor. You don't 'stroll' in my town'

Zero Gravitas

pancreas

Cerys

Quote from: Cloud on March 24, 2020, 10:40:14 PM
Don't you know there's a plague on?

Failing that, carry a cowbell with you at all times. When you see some arrogant Johnny Twos-Up flouting the law in the street, you lean out of your house or car window, ring the bell and shout, 'Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!'

Replies From View

"Don't you know where your clothes are?"

And when they look down to check whether they are naked (they aren't), quickly pop your own clothes off so that when they look back, there you are without your clothes.  While they are preoccupied with processing that, suddenly whisk their clothes off and put yours back on again.

Ask them again, more annoyed:  "Don't you know where your clothes are?"

Then, as if suddenly realising that you have their clothes in your hands, say "Oh here they are."

And give them all back.

Should kill a few minutes.