Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you doing with your free time? (hobby suggestions welcome).

Started by Kryton, March 25, 2020, 04:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

privatefriend

Been scanning some of my drawings from the last few years and uploading them to the sadness machine that is instagram for what it's worth

Bazooka

Quote from: privatefriend on April 12, 2020, 11:11:10 AM
Been scanning some of my drawings from the last few years and uploading them to the sadness machine that is instagram for what it's worth

Good stuff, yeah my artistic brain kicked back into gear the last few months, need to start compiling bits.

privatefriend

Thanks, yeah it's a time good to focus on something like that (I'm unemployed anyway so it's not like I had any excuse before)

Abnormal Palm

I got 391m points on the first stage of Mushihimesama Futari Black Label God Mode, hitting the first extend during the boss explosion. This is pretty much the closest to perfect performance I've managed in anything.

https://youtu.be/lICdq3yZlzM

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 12, 2020, 10:51:44 AM
Much to my family's chagrin, quarantine has had me mentally regressing 15 years to the days where I'd lock myself in my studio (bedroom) with a bottle of wine and babbling (hot bars/verbal effluent) vaguely rhythmically into the mic over beats. And been enjoying it immensely I must admit. Here's my first stoopid effort which could also easily be posted in 'The worst responses to Coronavirus' thread depending on taste but I had fun and that's what matters right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=82RkRLiY7-A

I like it, Jimothy vibes.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 11, 2020, 10:17:57 PM
I'd love to be able to do one of these fuckers but have never had the patience. Is it a learned skill then?

Yep, my boy can do one in like 30 seconds flat.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 12, 2020, 01:19:23 PM
I like it, Jimothy vibes.

Good to hear, hoped someone here might get some appreciation out of it!

Sin Agog

Been playing table tennis on a rickety, warped old garden table.  Has actually been pretty fun.  If the ball hits a groove in the table, we just pretend it's one of my dad's patented spin-shots.  Have ordered a big ol' hunk of plywood to put on top of it, though.  It's almost regulation size and infinitely cheaper than a full table, all of which are sold the fuck out anyway.

imitationleather

Dewt

Quote from: imitationleather on April 12, 2020, 11:53:09 PM
I've been painting model buses.
Are they splayed out on a casting couch while you ask them to show a bit more wheel, for the painting like

non capisco

I was practicing my singing and taking online vocal technique improvement classes until my new-ish downstairs neighbour started aggressively thumping their ceiling/my floor whenever I started really giving it some helmet, making me feel self conscious and vaguely hunted in my own living space where I've been warbling away without a shred of complaint for years now. I guess it's an 'everybody's locked in their own flat and going a bit mental' rage thing which I can totally understand, you probably don't want to have someone bellowing operatic scales like a poundshop Mike Patton above you when your nerves are already fraught by the entire world suddenly turning to shit and you can't go out for a walk to avoid it. Maybe they're even wrestling with the 'rona, who knows? So for the good of us both that wee improving pursuit is out of the window until lockdown's lifted. Drinking and wanking it is, then!

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

My neighbours have been doing an awful lot of gardening. A couple have built new sheds. The other day one of my neighbours was messing about with a ladder and some cables, and today I see he has run a cable from his window to his shed. Probably built a pub in there or something. I'm well jel.

Cerys

My mum is cycling from Machynlleth to John o'Groats.  When she gets there she'll be taking the train to the Isle of Man, cycling around the coast of that, then taking the train back to Mach for a few days' rest before setting off on the bike again for Land's End.  All without leaving the house.  And with the assistance of a small bear named Pip.

Dewt

Cerys

She's seventy-three, so she's clearly running a bit late.

Dewt

Cerys

bgmnts

I've been very bored the past few days and have taken my hand to drawing a self portrait. Its probably still a work in progress but, I must say, as a man who doesn't draw often, I'm quite happy with it:

https://ibb.co/Fz9sTV9

Attila

In what little free time I have left (since my university has announced the worst possible option for how we're meant to teach next semester), I've been reading a heck of a lot just for fun as opposed to research or for lecture prep. I read for fun as much as I can anyway, but have really been tearing through stuff over the past three months.

I've also got back into knitting (especially good for long teams meetings where I just have to be there rather than leading or actually getting something useful out of it), which means I've got back into spinning, a long neglected and much missed hobby. I've retrieved a lot of my spinning and textile gear out of storage, at least what I can do in very limited space at Mr Attila's house. Sadly my two big spinning wheels and my loom are still incarcerated, but he gave me an electric spinner for Christmas last year which is compact, and I've just bought a compact drumcarder for mixing fibre.

Etsy is going to be my undoing, because when I had my little sheep flock and workroom 20 years ago, the only way to get fibre and supplies was to make the trek to the big sheep and wool festival in Maryland. Now of course so many of these types of shops and things are online...my favourite types of fibre to spin where the British breeds, and of course they are much more accessible and less expensive relatively speaking here in Britain than they cost me even back in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I brought a lot of my fibres with me when I moved over here, still neatly wrapped up in paper, so opening them again has been lots of fun. One packet turns out to be about three years' worth of clean fluff combed off my Good Dog, who was my constant companion for almost 10 years. Finding that packet and being able to sink my hands into her fur again was a bittersweet moment.

No idea what I'm going to do with all of these socks I've been knitting, though, It's more that I enjoy the act of spinning and knitting and handwork and stuff than actually wanting/needing the result.

NoSleep

Quote from: sirhenry on June 26, 2020, 08:32:14 AM
On days like today I like to listen to the lightning as it ticks its way towards me: https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#y=53.6088;x=-1.5298;z=8;t=3;m=oss;r=0;s=1;o=0;b=0.00;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;ts=0;

On a related note, I like to keep note of the number of aircraft no longer landing or taking off at Gatwick:

https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/lgw

So good to go on a walk where I don't have to keep looking behind me for traffic because I can't hear it approaching because of the passing aircraft.