Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

We’re not going on our... summer holiday

Started by wooders1978, March 25, 2020, 08:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

Excuse the first world issues thread

Flight booked in July to visit my brother in oz - it's not happening is it?

Where are YOU not going this year?

Alberon

I didn't go to Valencia last week, though we did end up going to Brixham instead.

We're not going to Lake Garda in North Italy at the beginning of June for a nice week or so.

We are considering a week somewhere around the med for late september, but this isn't cancelled yet.

Danger Man

Dubai. Sounds like the ultimate first world problem but you have to remember that I'm going to see my wife and get my yearly orgasm.

Blue Jam

GMTV

Was due to be flying Plebair to alicante this weekend. As of about a fortnight ago we were bullishly stating as long as the flight took off we'd be going.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

We were planning a few days by train up in York and the peak district, thought it might be ok cause it's not abroad, ah well. Got a 4 day trip to Bulgaria under our belts literally days before everything started to get shut down so that's ok

hamfist

I was meant to be in Como & Zurich last week, Frankfurt this week for work. Should have had a trip to Switzerland at Easter too to visit the fam, all cancelled to fuck. Next planned one after that is Switzerland again in August.

Pingers

Supposed to be in Montpellier next week, that would have been nice. Camping in Wales in August is still possibly on. The weather is now lovely and in normal circumstances I would be heading out to the Peak District this weekend, gutted that I won't be.

Icehaven

It's my birthday on Easter day and hadn't planned anything definite yet but was thinking of booking a bottomless brunch the day before for a few friends and family, which is obviously not happening now. At least it wasn't last year as that was my 40th and my Mum's present was meal for all of us and a night in a lovely hotel for me and Mr. H, which I'd have been gutted to have gone to waste. I think those of us with birthdays happening during the month of Sundays should all just pick a new one later in the year and do it then, presuming we survive.

alan nagsworth

Stockholm last weekend. Primavera festival in Barcelona in early June. Two weeks in Japan in October.

All of that's written off now. Japan is a bastard because it's still a long time from now but we'd not booked it yet (we were literally on the cusp of doing it when this shit kicked off) and prices of flights have gone batshit high now as airlines have no clue what the fuck to expect. No point whatsoever in planning anything of that scale now, may as well consider this year to be a write off.

buttgammon

I hadn't booked it but I was due to go to a conference in Trieste, and was hoping to take the train to Florence and then on to Rome. The conference has been pushed back to next summer, so hopefully I'll get to take this trip then.

kittens

the plan this year was to go on a holiday a month with all the money i had saved from giving up booze and fags. already back on the booze and the fags can't be far behind, and all i got out of it was a trip to northern italy in the midst of their initial outbreak! also bought tickets to two festivals which will almost certainly be cancelled. but it's a beautiful sunny day today and i'm sat in the sun so can't complain really.

Blinder Data

Two weeks gallivanting around France in early July. I am cautiously optimistic things might be better by then, but perhaps that's foolhardy.

The really unfortunate thing is that that trip is basically for a pal's wedding, of which we have five (!) to attend later this year. Will any of them happen? If they do, will the guestlist be shredded so it's only close family, eating their meals two metres apart? Social distancing disco?

Desolation

Gurke and Hare

I'm not going to Cardiff over the easter weekend for a music festival, and then in June I'm not going to Rotterdam, Cologne and Luxembourg. The hotel I'm not going to in Luxembourg took payment from my credit card last week anyway.

I'm probably not going to the Indietracks festival in July too.

BlodwynPig

Bilbao and Swiss Alps, both work related and both by train. I won't be funded to go to the rearranged dates.

seepage

Three-day cruise from Tilbury in May. For the best, really. Flight to Naples in June to re-book/cancel. 

Fambo Number Mive

I used to get the train/bus to places to go for walks for an hour or two each week for my mental health. Not happening now.

Not nearly as much of a disappointment as the other things mentioned in this thread though.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

None of you lot will be going anywhere this year.

QDRPHNC

Was due to fly to Denver on April 1st and spend the next two weeks on a road trip. Sister, her husband and her two boys were due to fly from Dublin to meet us there. On the plus side, haven't had a single issue with refunds, whether it's AirBnB, Expedia or hotels directly, everyone has refunded everything, no bother whatsoever. Only concern is that Air Canada gave me a credit that has to be used (not just spent - actually take the travel) by the end of the year.

Sister says Aer Lingus are being cunts though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Verona
Basel
Colmar
Freiburg... All cancelled

Slim chance my booking in late May to Zagreb, Graz and Vienna will be OK but we would need to be peaking soon in order for the restrictions to be lifted in time.