Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Government coronavirus response thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 25, 2020, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: jobotic on May 20, 2020, 12:20:12 PM
Johnson telling Starmer to watch his tone and Hancock heckling.

Even as we kill you by the tens of thousands you do not question us.

Something has happened to Boris Johnson, he's lost his vim and bluster. Not sure if it's his known lack of attention to detail and preparation, the scale of the pandemic, the size of the eventual recession, his illness, brush with death, or the fact he's still ill and struggling to stay afloat. He no longer appears at the press briefings, he's an empty suit at PMQs, he's lost it, he's lost the Boris affect. Considering the Boris affect was pretty much his mandate to govern, is it time for Jeremy Hunt to step up?

Emma Raducanu

Who cares? They're all a bunch of cunts.

Head Gardener

Oh no, not that famous Borisonian vim that's done so much to help us all. We can't lose that.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 20, 2020, 12:37:08 PM
Something has happened to Boris Johnson, he's lost his vim and bluster. Not sure if it's his known lack of attention to detail and preparation, the scale of the pandemic, the size of the eventual recession, his illness, brush with death, or the fact he's still ill and struggling to stay afloat. He no longer appears at the press briefings, he's an empty suit at PMQs, he's lost it, he's lost the Boris affect. Considering the Boris affect was pretty much his mandate to govern, is it time for Jeremy Hunt to step up?

They can't get rid of Johnson for Hunt as they would lose support from a lot of Leavers who are backing the Government on coronavirus as they see the Tories as the best hope for a no deal Brexit and turbo-charged capitalism following that. They are stuck with the excrescence until 2022 at the earliest, after which they will probably replace him with another ghastly Tory.

Fambo Number Mive

Testing numbers including tests that are not being used to diagnose cases:

QuoteUp to 30,000 tests a day which were never intended to diagnose individuals with Covid-19 are distorting the UK's figures on testing, according to BBC Radio 4's More or Less programme.

Producer Kate Lamble says these tests are carried out by universities and statisticians to study the spread of the disease across the country but the Department of Health and Social Care acknowledges they are not being used to diagnose cases.

With the government aiming to show it can keep daily testing above 100,000, our producer says the tests make it possible for the government to say the target has been hit.

On 15 May, for example, the government reported 136,486 tests but we can only be sure 69,900 were carried out if we discount these non-diagnostic tests and tests posted to people's homes which were not necessarily returned.

Obviously the other tests are still important, but they shouldn't be counted towards the government's target. I do wonder if the government never intended to meet this target on a regular basis and wanted to get the public used to the government not delivering so when they really screw up people take less notice.

This government have failed to help the people with regards to coronavirus at every stage, all they care about are the 1%

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 20, 2020, 01:11:19 PM

I think, (actually I'm sure now) I'm getting a bit of a ''thing'' for surgical face masks another unforseen knock on from the coronavirus worldwide pandemic.

poodlefaker

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 20, 2020, 12:37:08 PM
Something has happened to Boris Johnson, he's lost his vim and bluster. Not sure if it's his known lack of attention to detail and preparation, the scale of the pandemic, the size of the eventual recession, his illness, brush with death, or the fact he's still ill and struggling to stay afloat. He no longer appears at the press briefings, he's an empty suit at PMQs, he's lost it, he's lost the Boris affect.

no BoJo mojo?

Pseudopath

Why have they sent out Martin from Game On to do the daily update?

Dewt

I really hope Wally Bazoom is involved

Norton Canes

'Dowden thanks people for sacrifices'

Irony levels through the fucking mesosphere

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Quote on May 20, 2020, 01:18:10 PM
Oh no, not that famous Borisonian vim that's done so much to help us all. We can't lose that.
If only BoJo would do the funny dance, people wouldn't care about the lockdown or the corona death. Do the dance! Swing on a zipwire! Say something funny about Africans!

ollyboro

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 20, 2020, 05:01:23 PM
Why have they sent out Martin from Game On to do the daily update?

Fat Chesney

Sebastian Cobb

RLB demanding evidence sending the kids back is safe. https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1262644071165841409
I think it's the first time I've seen her since Keith took the helm.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 20, 2020, 06:26:11 PM
RLB demanding evidence sending the kids back is safe. https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1262644071165841409
I think it's the first time I've seen her since Keith took the helm.

why bother RLB, just say "the government won't do this, we therefore will lobby against reopening of schools"

- how do you know?

"lockdown calamity, ppe calamity, all the other scandals, its how they roll....this won't work and will kill 1000s of people"

ollyboro

We should have a referendum about what to do next.

jobotic

Got deaths but not new cases so far.

Maybe looks bad for sending schools back.

Zetetic

Hints of England counting their two swabs as two tests in some cases.

ollyboro

We're doing our Covid tests after nine tonight. When the results come back I bet I've lost my driving licence.

bomb_dog

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on May 20, 2020, 07:04:41 PM
Got deaths but not new cases so far.

Maybe looks bad for sending schools back.

Still the second highest death rate in the World.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Dewt on May 20, 2020, 05:05:33 PM
I really hope Wally Bazoom is involved

I don't. It's one of my least favourite rounds in I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue.

jobotic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 20, 2020, 08:11:57 PM
Still the second highest death rate in the World.

Two World Wars, One World Pandemic

idunnosomename

isn't vim what you use to scrub stains out of toilets? anyway government voted through commons returning June 2 because the Tories can do whatever they want now. cheers

ollyboro

Pleasantly surprised at how easy that test was. Genuinely assumed that tickling my tonsils with the swab would cause a psychedelic eruption, but no. Considering that I struggle to get a toothbrush to my back teeth on a morning, that was alright. Perhaps I've written my gag reflex off too early and I could be a rentboy after all. Disappointed that I wasn't sent a rectal swab. 8/10.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ollyboro on May 20, 2020, 10:19:41 PM
Pleasantly surprised at how easy that test was. Genuinely assumed that tickling my tonsils with the swab would cause a psychedelic eruption, but no. Considering that I struggle to get a toothbrush to my back teeth on a morning, that was alright. Perhaps I've written my gag reflex off too early and I could be a rentboy after all. Disappointed that I wasn't sent a rectal swab. 8/10.

why did you get one?

plus..why did the Government not announce number of new cases yesterday, just deaths?