Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Government coronavirus response thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 25, 2020, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Johnson's care home comments yesterday did strike me as the first move in efforts to shift the blame, planting seeds in the minds of the population that it was other people fucking up. Not hard to imagine the NHS being in the firing line before long - lines like "inefficient bureaucracy caused problems..." always go down a treat. 

Sheffield Wednesday

It's far far from the first move. We'll get him, though. No respite. Exponential fuck.

finnquark

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 08, 2020, 06:41:48 PM
Johnson's care home comments yesterday did strike me as the first move in efforts to shift the blame, planting seeds in the minds of the population that it was other people fucking up. Not hard to imagine the NHS being in the firing line before long - lines like "inefficient bureaucracy caused problems..." always go down a treat.

Combined with his petulant description of Starmer as "Captain Foresight" which his supporters are screaming themselves about on Twitter. It was trending today.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 08, 2020, 07:17:04 PM
Combined with his petulant description of Starmer as "Captain Foresight" which his supporters are screaming themselves about on Twitter. It was trending today.
It's all effective. I suppose the twist might be Johnson himself being used as a fall guy, with the next Tory leader being hailed as a "reforming crusader to repair the errors of the past" in the event the public don't fancy Legend Boris anymore.

BlodwynPig

QuoteIt's all effective.

what's OUR effective?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kalowski on July 08, 2020, 05:35:17 PM
I hate shit like this. An "offer" with so many provisos it's not an offer at all. And that's before we see who the "participating restaurants" are."Yes! £10 off each to go to Nandos on Tuesday!!"

enough to get the newspapers gurgling like tickled babies

"CHOMPER! BUMPER BONUS FOR BURGER MUNCHING BRITS"

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 08, 2020, 07:40:15 PM
what's OUR effective?
Good question. Sadly, I'm a fucking idiot and have no answers.

BlodwynPig

Also sad to see the death of politics threads, not going to start one - Saudi arms deals back on after a brief (and according to Owen Jones, flouted) hiatus thanks to a court ruling. Liz "dumb pig markets fuck" Truss saying there was very little evidence of human atrocities to justify the ban.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 08, 2020, 09:30:10 PM
Also sad to see the death of politics threads, not going to start one - Saudi arms deals back on after a brief (and according to Owen Jones, flouted) hiatus thanks to a court ruling. Liz "dumb pig markets fuck" Truss saying there was very little evidence of human atrocities to justify the ban.

I dunno what's the matter with you Blods. I hadn't heard about that. Why the fuck did you post it in here?

jobotic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 08, 2020, 09:30:10 PM

Totally flouted. Never meant a thing

Slaughterer Sturgeon

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/covid-19-long-term-care-facilities-surveillance-guidance.pdf

Quote6,997 (21%) deaths in care homes out of a total 33,337 in England
404 (25%) deaths in care homes out of a total of 1,641 COVID-19 deaths in Wales
Scotland reported 1,438 deaths involving COVID-19 had been reported from care homes, representing 45% of all 3,213 deaths

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 08, 2020, 09:38:52 PM
I dunno what's the matter with you Blods. I hadn't heard about that. Why the fuck did you post it in here?

why this fucking passive aggressive shit. horrible stuff. why post it here - as I said, I didn't want to post it in a new thread and couldn't see any other politics threads currently being posted in. So what. So fucking what. And don't bold my name ever again, please.

Zetetic

It's worth remembering that English data seems to be more unreliable when it comes to identifying probable COVID-19 as a cause of death - safer to compare excess mortality.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on July 08, 2020, 11:17:34 PM
It's worth remembering that English data seems to be more unreliable when it comes to identifying probable COVID-19 as a cause of death - safer to compare excess mortality.

where we at with that? 80,000? 100,000?

steveh

65,200 was the FT's estimate as of last week for the whole of the UK.

Last reported weekly excess mortality figure was zero and was said is now likely to become negative.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steveh on July 09, 2020, 10:14:16 AM
65,200 was the FT's estimate as of last week for the whole of the UK.

Last reported weekly excess mortality figure was zero and was said is now likely to become negative.

its been around 60,000 for weeks

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 08, 2020, 10:25:20 PM
why this fucking passive aggressive shit. horrible stuff. why post it here - as I said, I didn't want to post it in a new thread and couldn't see any other politics threads currently being posted in. So what. So fucking what. And don't bold my name ever again, please.

It's not passive aggressive. You were complaining about the 'death of politics threads' but didn't want to start a new one, which is itself passive aggressive. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have found it useful if you had.

I always bold usernames so people can see when they are being mentioned. It's the polite thing to do. Stop being so sensitive.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 09, 2020, 10:40:24 AM
It's not passive aggressive. You were complaining about the 'death of politics threads' but didn't want to start a new one, which is itself passive aggressive. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have found it useful if you had.

I always bold usernames so people can see when they are being mentioned. It's the polite thing to do. Stop being so sensitive.

no, I was tongue in cheek saying I didn't want to start a new one, this is not a law. I was tired, get over it.

And yes, I'm hypersensitive. Polite bolding? ok, well I won't mind from now on Johnny Yesno

ollyboro

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2020, 12:06:07 PM
no, I was tongue in cheek saying I didn't want to start a new one, this is not a law. I was tired, get over it.

And yes, I'm hypersensitive. Polite bolding? ok, well I won't mind from now on Johnny Yesno

Give me a day or two,, Blods, I'm almost certain that I can come up with a compromise for you and JohnnyYesno.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ollyboro on July 09, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Give me a day or two,, Blods, I'm almost certain that I can come up with a compromise for you and JohnnyYesno.

Thnk you

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2020, 12:06:07 PM

I know I've said this many times before but I literally can never tell when you're joking, particularly when you're talking about 'the death of politics threads', 'aggressive shit', 'horrible stuff' and other such hyperbole. I really should give up trying.

QuoteAnd yes, I'm hypersensitive. Polite bolding? ok, well I won't mind from now on Johnny Yesno

That's fine as long as you apply it all posters, otherwise I'd be left wondering if you were singling me out in a tongue in cheek way.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 09, 2020, 01:35:55 PM
I know I've said this many times before but I literally can never tell when you're joking, particularly when you're talking about 'the death of politics threads', 'aggressive shit', 'horrible stuff' and other such hyperbole. I really should give up trying.

That's fine as long as you apply it all posters, otherwise I'd be left wondering if you were singling me out in a tongue in cheek way.

Heeeeere's Johnny

seriously...you are one of the foremost posters on the forum, but you don't half make me sad sometimes

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2020, 01:56:41 PM
Heeeeere's Johnny

That looks laborious to maintain for every poster, but if you have the spare mental capacity, knock yourself out.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2020, 01:56:41 PM
you don't half make me sad sometimes

You and Trenter with your 'I can't believe how gullible everyone is on this forum' attitude isn't helping with my sadness either, mate.

olliebean

The story the government wants us to read: "We're whacking over 100 moles a week!"

The story I read: "We just can't stop those damn moles from popping up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53386205

I wonder how many avoidable deaths "more than 100 outbreaks a week" cause before they are "swiftly and silently dealt with."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on July 13, 2020, 08:49:57 AM
The story the government wants us to read: "We're whacking over 100 moles a week!"

The story I read: "We just can't stop those damn moles from popping up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53386205

I wonder how many avoidable deaths "more than 100 outbreaks a week" cause before they are "swiftly and silently dealt with."

No accounting for lag, eh. Proaction rather reaction Hancock, you fucking EVIL GENOCIDAL PUPPET

Fishfinger

Quote from: olliebean on July 13, 2020, 08:49:57 AM

But when asked to define what a mole is, the answer is 'dunno'.

EOLAN

Of course 'Whack-A-Mole' is a game where you try to survive as long as you can but are inevitably overwhelmed in the end and will lose out.

BlodwynPig

It's now the job of youtube comedians to hold the Government to account

Look at these pranets caught in headlights, expertly Spicered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCno93gEA6s