Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Government coronavirus response thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 25, 2020, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

QuoteOfficials say the publication of daily death figures will be paused while the issue was "resolved" they work out how best to fiddle them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53443724

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 19, 2020, 01:20:34 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53443724

Adjusted figures reveal that NO deaths were caused by Coronavirus based on a new metric that states "A SARS-Cov-2 death is confirmed if the deceased tested positive prior to January 2019".

Cuellar

Think the UK fucked up massively in dealing with covid? Well you're wrong. It's actually good at corona. Aahhhhh. I bet you didn't expect me to have that opinion, did you? Well I do.

The U.K.'s Response to Covid-19 Has Been World-Class

Chedney Honks

What a surprise. Oxford University cunts the world in research.

Too bad the people are thick as fuck normality suckling vent fetishists.

BlodwynPig

olliebean

Bloody Kuenssberg - this is supposed to be an interview, but for the last few minutes of it she just lets him monologue a party political broadcast without challenging anything he says: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-53532809/in-full-laura-kuenssberg-speaks-to-boris-johnson

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on July 25, 2020, 08:44:03 AM
Bloody Kuenssberg - this is supposed to be an interview, but for the last few minutes of it she just lets him monologue a party political broadcast without challenging anything he says: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-53532809/in-full-laura-kuenssberg-speaks-to-boris-johnson

Trolling by Laura "Blue shoes, pale legs" Kuenssberg. She's essentially sign-posting to Boris "fuck me later in my Tory-wear". Boris plotting his EXIT strategy very well (for plebs). "yeh, we made some mistakes, but look, we'll be out of this soon and return to gang raping you all by mid-2021, have no fear".

kalowski

Quote from: olliebean on July 25, 2020, 08:44:03 AM
Horrible moment where he said, "We followed the science" and Kuenssberg gave him his get out of jail card with, "Maybe the scientists were wrong."
"Yes, yes, that's it. Thanks, Laura, the scientists were wrong "

olliebean

Absolutely indefensible to let him get away with claiming to have followed the scientific advice at every step of the way, when the actual scientists giving that advice have since stated that was absolutely not the case.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cuellar on July 23, 2020, 05:20:18 PM
Think the UK fucked up massively in dealing with covid? Well you're wrong. It's actually good at corona. Aahhhhh. I bet you didn't expect me to have that opinion, did you? Well I do.

The U.K.'s Response to Covid-19 Has Been World-Class

State of that final paragraph:

QuoteCritics of Brexit like to say that it will leave the U.K. as a small country of minor import. Maybe so. In the meantime, the Brits are on track to save the world.

Johnny Yesno

Coronavirus: Safety concerns halt use of 50 million NHS masks

QuoteThe government says the masks, which use ear-loop fastenings rather than head loops, may not fit tightly enough.

They were bought for healthcare workers from supplier Ayanda Capital as part of a £252m contract.

Ayanda says the masks meet the specifications the government had set out. The government says its safety standards process is "robust".

It also emerged that the person who originally approached the government about the deal was a government trade adviser who also advises the board of Ayanda.

But he told the BBC his position played no part in the awarding of the contract.

QuoteThe government has also disclosed that the original approach to sell the masks came not from Ayanda Capital but from a businessman called Andrew Mills.

His company, Prospermill, had secured the rights to the full production capacity of a large factory in China to produce masks and was able to offer a large quantity almost immediately.

But the legal document seen by the BBC notes that Mr Mills requested the government instead sign the contract for the masks with Ayanda Capital, whose board he advises, because it could arrange overseas payment more quickly.

This country has a serious corruption problem.

frajer

Quote from: olliebean on July 25, 2020, 02:41:13 PM
Absolutely indefensible to let him get away with claiming to have followed the scientific advice at every step of the way, when the actual scientists giving that advice have since stated that was absolutely not the case.

Can't remember which speech it was cos they all blur into one gelatinous sludge, but the COVID update where Johnson came out flanked by two scientists who stood and silently stared at their shoes while supreme leader Boris dribbled bullshit into a microphone was the moment I realised we were all utterly fucked.

BlodwynPig

QuoteBut he told the BBC his position played no part in the awarding of the contract.

Nothing to see. Move along.

Why is this tolerated or unchallenged? Where is the pushback? Please destroy this culture.

There's almost too much corruption to explore in any investigative sense.  Almost every week a dodgy contract gets awarded. There needs to be an anti-corruption task force set up.