Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Government coronavirus response thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 25, 2020, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 19, 2020, 08:05:53 AM
I wish I'd discovered this twitter thread sooner: https://twitter.com/StefSimanowitz/status/1239096550229528576

There's some incredible stuff in there including: https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/03/the-coronavirus-crisis-herd-immunity-has-infected-uk-policy-but-who-was-patient-zero-for-this-toxic-transatlantic-idea/

I fucking knew it. The psychopath's psychopath.

Yeah, absolute cunt tier. I saw that thread on Twitter. I'm really happy that there seems to be a change in tone and mindset. When we're through this, these fucking specimens need to be on trial.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 19, 2020, 08:24:50 AM
When we're through this, these fucking specimens need to be on trial.

Absolutely.

Look at this: https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1251434219139665920

The ego-driven shambles around ventilator acquisition.

Zetetic

Enabled by people in Cabinet Office, DHSC, NHS England, presumably.

Abnormal Palm

It's a rare thing that for once, the information is all out there. Their shit show response is too public, the contradictions and dithering and lack of clarity all too easily evidenced.

Of course, it'll be the likes of Hancock and Whitty who will eventually fall rather than Cummings or Johnson.

The thing to save their skins may well be some kind of 'the people have spoken, liberty over lockdown' populist wilful ignorance. If enough of the public can share responsibility for the mass deaths, maybe their role can be rewritten. There are enough people I've spoken to who simply do not get it or who do not care that I think they could pull it off.

I'm genuinely concerned that they will convince the working poor that their right to earn is being compromised by so-called experts, something like that. I could see that working. They've already happily, needlessly killed hundreds of key workers through poor preparation, implementation and communication so why not send everyone back, give ourselves a big clap and all do our bit for Queen and Country?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 19, 2020, 08:53:03 AM
It's a rare thing that for once, the information is all out there. Their shit show response is too public, the contradictions and dithering and lack of clarity all too easily evidenced.

Unfortunately, it's buried in all the other information and conspiracy bollocks that's also out there.

QuoteThe thing to save their skins may well be some kind of 'the people have spoken, liberty over lockdown' populist wilful ignorance. If enough of the public can share responsibility for the mass deaths, maybe their role can be rewritten. There are enough people I've spoken to who simply do not get it or who do not care that I think they could pull it off.

I'm genuinely concerned that they will convince the working poor that their right to earn is being compromised by so-called experts, something like that. I could see that working. They've already happily, needlessly killed hundreds of key workers through poor preparation, implementation and communication so why not send everyone back, give ourselves a big clap and all do our bit for Queen and Country?

That's what they're hoping for, if this extract from the Torygraph is legit:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV3taWbXYAAF_rN?format=jpg

jobotic

Ashworth wants answers.

So do I. Why did you and your wife work to put these shits in charge?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Times 2009GORDON BROWN faces new claims of nepotism in a bitter row between female candidates for a safe Labour seat.

A woman who had hoped to be the party's candidate for the Sherwood constituency in Nottinghamshire has pulled out, claiming that the selection process has been skewed in favour of the fiancée of a close aide to the prime minister.

Helen Holt believes she has been the victim of dirty tricks by supporters of Emilie Oldknow, whose boyfriend Jonathan Ashworth is Brown's deputy political secretary.

Holt said: "I feel I have been totally stitched up. My face does not fit. I believe I am being used in a process that from the outside looks fair but is a way of parachuting a candidate into the position

This was posted in full by Buelligan I think in the Labour, again thread

This is more sinister and suggests a "cabal" of people with no concern for any progressive or left-leaning labour agenda, but fixated purely on power and influence. Corruption and scandal emanates from the pair of them.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA businessman has been left angry after his offer of 450 visors a day to the NHS has apparently been ignored.

Paul Dodd says he has spent £8,000 on materials and wages for the work but after four weeks has been forced to stop.

Mr Dodd, owner of Weaver Dane and Trade in Cheshire, said: "I knew there was a risk buying materials but I thought I was doing the right thing by helping."

The Cabinet Office has been asked for a response by the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-52358036

Fambo Number Mive

That PPE from Turkey that was meant to arrive on Sunday has still not arrived.

jobotic

And when they said it would be here on Sunday it hadn't even been ordered.

Heads won't roll. They never fucking do.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 21, 2020, 01:52:14 PM
That PPE from Turkey that was meant to arrive on Sunday has still not arrived.

The order, apparently, was only put in on Sunday!

olliebean

There's been too many reports of the Government refusing, or not responding to, offers to supply PPE equipment for it not to be deliberate negligence, hasn't there? Surely even this lot can't be that incompetent? I don't know what the endgame might be, perhaps to force doctors and nurses to stop working (on the grounds that to continue without PPE will spread the infection further and put more lives at risk) so they can be blamed for future deaths.

ollyboro

Letting the world know that Johnson is against his colleagues lifting any lockdown restrictions is painful in its transparency. This is the fuckwit who adopted a carefree attitude to the whole thing, then delayed the lockdown, and then instead of saying shut everything now, basically let a load of morons go out for one last shoulder to shoulder piss up. So when the Coronavirus autopsy happens the story will be, of course Johnson took it seriously, he was the guy who insisted on carrying on with the lockdown. Yeah, but what about his initial reaction? Of course he took it seriously, he was the guy who insisted on carrying on with the lockdown. Yes, but what about his .....oh fuck it.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA care worker whose daughter showed symptoms of coronavirus was told she'd have to travel hundreds of miles for her child to be tested.

Aimee, from Cumbria, needed to know if her daughter had the virus because of her job.

But she told the BBC she was expected to travel more than 250 miles for a test at Stansted Airport because her daughter is under 18.

After pressure from social media users, a test was carried out at a nearby hospital, and she's waiting for the result.

The government says it's working to make sure everyone across the country who needs a test can get one...

Maybe that's how they'll hit their targets. "We opened a facility with capacity for 300,000 tests per day on Eigg, but people simply haven't turned up for their appointments."

olliebean

They absolutely are targetting testing capacity rather than actual tests carried out. Personally I think that if they have the capacity to do 40,000 tests in a day but actually only do 18,000, that makes them look more shit than if they just had the capacity for 18,000, because it opens them up to the question, if you have the capacity to do 22,000 more tests, why the fuck aren't you doing them?

BlodwynPig

Boris off to the Caribbean

QuoteNo timetable for Johnson's return yet
The Daily Telegraph has been reporting that UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be back in control at Number 10 on Monday after recovering from coronavirus.

But Downing Street are being clear that they have no official timetable for his return, says BBC political correspondent Leila Nathoo.

We're starting to see signs he is back in action but there is no firm commitment for when he will be back in public, our correspondent adds.

Spokespeople say he is not doing government work although he has spoken to Dominic Raab, the first secretary of state who is deputising for him.

He has also spoken to the Queen over the phone and Donald Trump.

The US president has said Johnson sounded "incredible" during their phone conversation a few days ago - the "old Boris, tremendous energy, tremendous drive".

bgmnts

Zetetic

"Capacity" is a bit unhelpfully vague.

Is this about appointment slots at drive-in centres? Testing kits for drive-in centres? Lab time to process swabs?

Seems to be entirely focused on the last of these.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMinisters were warned last year the UK must have a robust plan to deal with a pandemic virus and its potentially catastrophic social and economic consequences in a confidential Cabinet Office briefing leaked to the Guardian.

The detailed document warned that even a mild pandemic could cost tens of thousands of lives, and set out the must-have "capability requirements" to mitigate the risks to the country, as well as the potential damage of not doing so.

It comes as the UK's hospital death toll from coronavirus heads towards 20,000. Less than a month ago, the medical director at NHS England, Prof Stephen Powis, said the country would "have done very well" to stay below this grim milestone.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-uk-ministers-were-warned-last-year-of-risks-of-coronavirus-pandemic

Zetetic

I actually think that's barely a story, compared with the Cygnus Exercise stuff that sits behind it.

"Pandemic Influenza" or similar has probably consistently been the most worrying entry on the National Risk Register since 2008.

Emma Raducanu

Took the BBC 24 hours to get round to mentioning anything of it and even then the tone of the article underplayed it

Glyn

Guess it's the standard response now but good to see the No. 10's spokesman both confirming the story and crying fake news in the same breath
"'Public confidence in the media has collapsed during this emergency partly because of ludicrous stories such as this."

imitationleather

The Guardian with an exclusive that's critical of the government?!

So this story was given to them by MI5, then?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuotePalantir, the US data firm Isengard-based seat of power founded by the rightwing billionaire power-crazed warlock Peter Thiel Saruman

ollyboro

Best get your Google translate set to Arse slop to English. They're letting the Patel cunt loose at the press conference.