Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:42:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Games I can complete in an evening

Started by peanutbutter, March 25, 2020, 02:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: wooders1978 on March 27, 2020, 06:29:19 AM
Everyone's gone to the rapture - or you could just go for an actual walk right now I suppose

Just got this yesterday, my game for the weekend

Brundle-Fly

I finished Cuphead in one evening.

Sorry, I meant to say I was finished with Cuphead in one evening. Nearly threw the console out the window.

Blue Jam

The Stanley Parable is great for this. PC only, but it runs on the Half-Life 2 engine, so it'll run on the shittiest of computers.

Zetetic

peanutbutter

Quote from: Zetetic on March 31, 2020, 10:18:57 AM
Also:Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist by the same people is a brief pleasant and free diversion.
Will check this out, hated the Stanley Parable but quite liked the Beginners Guide so my assumption has been that William Pugh is the Marty Janetty of the duo and its almost certainly not that simple.

Very much a ymmv suggestion and it's buggy as fuck, but I've found this typing game by the Cart Life guy to be, at the very least, a very cute idea https://hofmeier.itch.io/type-dreams

Any good recent Increpare games anyone's played btw? @gout_pony ??

Josef K

Gone Home is one of the most touching games I've played in the last few years, got very emotional at the ending.

There's also Limbo and the studio's even better follow up, Inside

Little Nightmares is also worth a look

Ferris

Quote from: Josef K on April 10, 2020, 12:57:24 PM
Gone Home is one of the most touching games I've played in the last few years, got very emotional at the ending.

There's also Limbo and the studio's even better follow up, Inside

Little Nightmares is also worth a look

I also loved Gone Home, but it divides opinions! If you liked that, can I recommend What Remains of Edith Finch?

One of the sections remains the most emotionally involving and effecting pieces of a video game I've ever played. Very nicely put together, great little game if you like that style. Probably could finish it in an evening.

Ferris

Though now I look back, I was clearly grieving when I played it which probably heightened the emotional parts for me.

Not that I was aware of that at the time because I'M A BLOODY BLOKE.

bgmnts

Edith Finch had some actually affecting sections, the baby etc.

The section where you are working in a factory but your fantasy world is literally bleeding over into reality is incredible. Quite a good visual representation of boredom and depression and an imagination getting in the way of shit work. Ends badly.

Superb stuff.

Didn't like Gone Home though.

Josef K

Thanks for the rec, heard consistently good things about it!

The Crumb

I reckon you could see Hotline Miami through in an evening, maybe 2 evenings to get the alternative ending as well.

peanutbutter

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 25, 2020, 03:07:11 PM
80 Days is a great little game on switch and probably a load of other platforms. You can probably do 2 runs in 3hrs
Played this a few days ago and absolutely loved it, got it done in 79 days despite pissing about in the middle east for absolutely ages. Would consider replaying it tbh... Not sure if they tip the scales a bit to make the 80 days super easy or if I just caught a lucky break at the end.
Took about 3 hours for the one run though, I'd say.
Also played FAR Lone Sails, which was pleasant but totally forgettable.

Got Limbo and Untitled Goose Game lined up for (probably) tonight.

Ferris

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 02, 2020, 03:02:20 PM
Played this a few days ago and absolutely loved it, got it done in 79 days despite pissing about in the middle east for absolutely ages. Would consider replaying it tbh... Not sure if they tip the scales a bit to make the 80 days super easy or if I just caught a lucky break at the end.
Took about 3 hours for the one run though, I'd say.
Also played FAR Lone Sails, which was pleasant but totally forgettable.

Got Limbo and Untitled Goose Game lined up for (probably) tonight.

80 Days is absolutely worth a replay. Multiple replays really. You can make different choices obv, but there are tons of hidden stories and Easter eggs and all sorts hidden away in it. Go north, that's all I'm saying.

Thursday

Yeah for 80 days there's new possible routes that unlock on multiple playthroughs as well as the one Ferris is hinting at, when they released it on Steam they added
Spoiler alert
The Moon! Or rather Fogg goes there and Passpartout finishes the journey alone. Never been back since getting that route, because I like to think of it as the true ending
[close]

wooders1978

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 27, 2020, 12:34:56 PM
Just got this yesterday, my game for the weekend

Thoughts? The score is an absolute work of art in my opine

Ferris

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 03, 2020, 04:41:00 PM
Thoughts? The score is an absolute work of art in my opine

Still haven't played it. Mrs Ferris is playing it now, I asked and she gave a thumbs up. She has headphones in so no idea on the music, but I'm deffo interested in finding out

Abnormal Palm

You could finish Mushihimesama Futari Black Label God Mode in a mere 40 minutes.