Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hitmen (Mel & Sue Sitcom)

Started by Malcy, March 25, 2020, 09:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

I found a post yesterday on my 'on this day' function on Facebook describing that Sue Perkins sitcom from a few years ago as one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. I'm struggling to remember what it was about. She was a gay hairdresser or vet who wasn't able to come out to her family. Or something like that.

It can't be that bad can it? Plus, I prefer Mel anyway. And you can take that statement any way you want.

New page, Respectable was a great single though.

Benjaminos

Thought this was largely inoffensive, if not strictly.. good, in any real sense. I did laugh at the bound and gagged hostage wearing a party hat, and the human spider doing a shit dance made me smirk despite myself. Mel does seem like she's surplus to requirements though - did they give her a single funny/meaningful line in the first two episodes? Poor show.

Malcy

I'm up to episode 4. It's OK but I can't really get into it. On in the background really.

Quote from: sick as a pike on March 26, 2020, 02:57:52 PM
I think they hated me, and quite rightly so.
No they didn't, shut up hysterical me.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 27, 2020, 10:16:32 AM
Sky seems to excel at making shows that superficially resemble comedies, and on occasion are mildly amusing or lightly heartwarming (e.g. Moone Boy). As sick as a pike said above, Sky seem to have an entirely different idea of humour to everyone else, as if they were aliens attempting to make comedy for an earth audience.

I mostly agree with you there bar the example you chose, as I really loved Moone Boy and thought it was consistently funny throughout it's three series run.

I've seen the first episode of Hitmen and thought it was great. Which surprises me no end, I can tell you, but Jason Watkins was really funny in it and I like the mixture of silliness and casual brutality.

Malcy

Finished it and did enjoy bits of it but just didn't pay enough attention to it. It's pretty daft. 

neveragain

I enjoyed Trollied. Personal preference-wise, it was certainly better than Kate and Koji and probably just below The Brittas Empire. But there was certainly an odd blend of different humour styles. Couldn't recall a plotline.

amateur

Just watched the first episode of this ON DEMAND

I thought it was fucking terrible. The script is appalling and I didn't laugh once.

Looks very nice though and the supporting cast are decent but the jokes are not good.