Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Old comedies with a newfound resonance

Started by Virgo76, March 26, 2020, 06:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgo76

Re-watching This Time With Alan Partridge from 2019, on the iplayer.
It included a surprisingly timely item on the importance of regular hand washing.
Not exactly 'old' admittedly but everything more than a few weeks' old feels a bit ancient at the moment.

bigfatheart

I've been rewatching early Frasier as a bit of comfort food, and Niles obsessively wiping chairs, looking uncomfortable after people shake his hand, etc just seems like normal behaviour now.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

chrispmartha

Game On. I feel like I may turn into Matt Malone

Reeves & Mortimer - Trapped in my flat.

dissolute ocelot

Does this mean we have to reappraise Sheldon Cooper?

Quote from: Virgo76 on March 26, 2020, 06:45:12 AM
Re-watching This Time With Alan Partridge from 2019, on the iplayer.
It included a surprisingly timely item on the importance of regular hand washing.
Not exactly 'old' admittedly but everything more than a few weeks' old feels a bit ancient at the moment.

The stilted atmosphere with no audience, too

the

In I'm Alan Partridge, Alan presents a corporate video for Hamilton's Water Breaks - a COrporate VIDeo, which is like COVID isn't it

Also everyone in it has lungs

alan nagsworth

Toby Jones having a fuckin screaming germaphobic meltdown on 15 Storeys High

beanheadmcginty

Larry putting bottles of hand sanitiser on every table in his coffee spite store in the most recent series of Curb.

Lemming

The Alan Partridge handwashing bit has been playing through my mind a lot lately too. Must have said "15 IS FINE." out loud a few times while carrying out substandard handwashing.

I keep gulping the word "creamy" whenever my other half is washing her hands.

Brundle-Fly

petril

Culture from Bottom is another one. Except irl there's no sellotape to put on the fridge

jenna appleseed

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 26, 2020, 05:54:13 PM
Culture from Bottom is another one. Except irl there's no sellotape to put on the fridge

and nobody has any sausages.

Gurke and Hare

Friends yesterday: for Reasons, Phoebe is pretending to be Chandler's dying fiancee, which she crappily demonstrate's by coughing a bit. Chandler: "Yes, she's dying of a cough. Apparently."

shh

Our lives are now one long Hancockian Sunday.

Virgo76

I just rewatched Simon Amstell's vision of a vegan future,  Carnage (2017) on the iplayer. A Super Swine Flu epidemic is predicted for 2021. Perhaps  'eerily prophetic' would be overstating it. But it definitely resonates, watching it today.

non capisco

The bits in Athletico Mince when Peter Beardsley treats himself to a long stare out of the window.