Author Topic: Chummy Marketing  (Read 1566 times)

Egyptian Feast

• Nice girls don't wear cha-cha heels
Chummy Marketing
« on: March 26, 2020, 04:03:52 PM »
I was raiding the cupboards for a snack earlier and found a Kabuto pot noodle I bought so long ago it was just within the BBE date. The noodles themselves were dire enough, but the chummy blurb and directions were truly COVID-tier marketing bullshit. It reminded me of this old thread, which hasn't been updated in 5 years. The world may have turned into a plague-infested hellscape since 2015, but I doubt that's stopped the matey marketers from plopping cutesy blurbs all over our supermarket shelves.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
Re: Chummy Marketing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 04:22:50 PM »
Why is having a sharp mouth (which I presume is like having a sharp tongue) a good thing?

If you had a soft heart why would you have a sharp tongue?

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 05:18:42 PM »
Presumably a sharp tongue would involve something of a rasping design, like slugs have.

the

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:42:35 PM »
It reminded me of this old thread, which hasn't been updated in 5 years.

This is in no way an attempt to say 'we've covered this', but there was also the more recent Infantilisation thread if you want to go down a hole and emerge covered in more chummy marketing sewage.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »
There is a term for this I recently discovered, maybe on here.

Wackaging.

It is good to know the name of something I hate.

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
    • Lines Horizontal
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
[tag]Royston Vasey unveils a new character aimed at a different audience of wankers[/tag]

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 10:47:36 AM »
Chummy marketing can get bent. I have chosen your product from your faceless advertising team as I believe your product at the time will serve a purpose to me. I also believe this chummy marketing is directed towards a certain market. For example you won't see chummy marketing on the Stone Island website, yet you will see it on a website like Lush.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
since they invented it, it's amazing how Innocent managed to remain top of their cutesy chummy marketing game with that fucking annoying "it's blue when it's clearly green" thing

in fact it was kind of clever because they subverted it by being annoying and contrarian to spur engagement. but still shit for cunts

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 01:20:19 PM »

Dave Gorman did an episode on Dave about this.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 01:33:41 PM »
The TV channel Dave is the ne plus ultra of this wank.  The TV channel is called Dave because everyone has a mate called Dave, yeah?  And this TV channel is like a mate, yeah?  And Dave probably has twelve pints and a kebab on a Friday with his mates before shagging the barmaid in the bus shelter.  Etc etc

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »
Thought it was named after Dave Lister.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »
Then it'd be called Lister

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
    • Lines Horizontal
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 02:35:02 PM »
Thought it was named after Dave Lister.

Correct.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 05:53:27 PM »
I've always thought it would be better named Finchy, such is the ubiquity if that man's voice on the channel. It's a perfect match though to be fair.

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 12:49:24 PM »
The channel Dave is named after the Dave Dave Gorman, who is a Dave who did an episode about this on the channel Dave.

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 01:47:50 PM »
Harrys Razors, fuck off, I'll use the throwaways from Wilkinson Sword with a brush and pot of soap that I can get 2 years out of. I don't need an orange handle fuckos

Tags: