Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts V & VI

Started by boki, March 26, 2020, 05:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Released for free today on nin.com and YouTube.  Streaming services to follow (if not already there).  Very welcome to have some new instrumental music whilst working from home.

alan nagsworth

Disappointed that nin.com/poop doesn't exist

I hope this is more consistent than then previous "Ghosts" release. Currently waiting for it to generate my download link but it's doing fuck all.

lankyguy95

olliebean

Anyone managed to download this? It made me enter all my contact details, and now when I click on the link to download from the order confirmation page it just gives me an endless "Authorising Payment" spinner, even though there's no payment to authorise. Meanwhile, the download link from the order confirmation email gives a "Page Not Found" error.

<edit> "We are waiting for payment confirmation from Shopify. Typically this takes less than one minute" it says, but 20 minutes later it's still spinning. No way of knowing if it's just very busy and will get there eventually, or if it's never going to get payment confirmation from Shopify because no payment was made. The latter feels more likely atm.

lankyguy95

Yeah I downloaded it. Didn't have a problem.

Sorry that hasn't helped.

alan nagsworth

This is more pleasant to have going in the background than the faint hum of low frequency tinnitus which has slowly become an almost constant thing for me now, but otherwise it's fairly unremarkable. Fair play to all the knobheads in the YouTube comments drooling like mad wolves and saying stuff like "the isolation soundtrack my tempestuous wandering heart needs to soothe it now it is trapped in this cruel bird cage called VIRUS" though, they seem to be loving it.

olliebean

The order page now has this message:

QuoteDUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND FOR GHOSTS V: TOGETHER AND GHOSTS VI: LOCUSTS, PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE THE SYSTEM PROCESSES YOUR ORDER AND SENDS YOUR DOWNLOAD LINK – PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ADDITIONAL ORDERS. REST ASSURED WE HAVE YOUR ORDER AND YOUR DOWNLOAD WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.

Or they could have just put a link to the files in that message so anyone could download them immediately, but I guess that would have been too convenient.

olliebean

An hour and three quarters later, and still nothing. I guess I won't be listening to this tonight.

lankyguy95

I think it goes up on streaming services at midnight anyway.

iamcoop

Nice to see you all appreciating this free album from Trent Reznor

thugler

Tossed off half formed dirges like the previous 4 (!) volumes of it.

Genuinely baffled how reznor has gotten so much acclaim after he stopped producing anything worthwhile. They are still quite good live though.

machotrouts

Ghosts V sounds like one of those meditation compilations that's called like Crystal Frequencies: Healing Chakra Vibrations of Celestial Dolphin Resonance

Dr Syntax Head

Got proper chills when I saw the link title on crackbook. Then I read the article, saw ghosts and instant disappointment fell upon me. Haven't listened to it yet mind.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: machotrouts on March 27, 2020, 04:53:29 AM
Ghosts V sounds like one of those meditation compilations that's called like Crystal Frequencies: Healing Chakra Vibrations of Celestial Dolphin Resonance

Trent can fuck off this time then.

olliebean

Left it overnight, and still can't download it yet. I hope they're not keeping people waiting this long who've actually paid for one of their albums. Right then, going to rip it off Deezer instead.

machotrouts

Ghosts VI I think is supposed to be the spookier, less gentle Ghosts, though still quite gentle, and not at all spooky. Song titles like "The Cursed Clock" and "The Worriment Waltz"? Okay Lemony Snicket

olliebean

Finally got my link to download early this afternoon, but I'd already downloaded it from elsewhere by then.

machotrouts

Seeing as these all have song titles, can ol' Reznie please go back and retroactively name the first 38 Ghostses? I'm sick of not knowing which is bloody which. I think my favourite was "14 Ghosts II"? But it'd be easier to know for sure if it was called, like, Mandolin Pogo or summat

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: machotrouts on March 27, 2020, 04:53:29 AM

IMPORTED DIRECTLY FROM M-SITE 11/3/85/UK, THIS PREMIUM GRADE COLLECTION OF EXOTIC BLUE MATTER PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:

+RE-HARMONIZATION OF DISCORDANT CHAKRA
+AMPLIFIED EMPATHY, MOOD ELEVATION, STRESS RELIEF
+DETOXIFICATION, HEALTHIER SKIN, FIRMER STOOL