Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:01:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NHS Clapping

Started by bgmnts, March 26, 2020, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Missed it again as Thursday evening has kind of become my shopping time, but it was just starting as I was driving out of the supermarket so tooted my horn.  You're welcome.

earl_sleek

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 15, 2020, 08:37:36 PM
If only everyone was as sophisticated and successful as you :(

I bet they bloody voted Tory as well, I hope they die!

Yay I got a Paulie!

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 15, 2020, 06:58:46 PM
Do you know what the rainbow signs signify

We are all in this together, like the stripes of a rainbow.
We are standing proud and that next to those of all colours, just like the stripes of a rainbow.
Erm, we're bending over backwards to pay for it

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 15, 2020, 11:20:58 PM
We are all in this together, like the stripes of a rainbow.
We are standing proud and that next to those of all colours, just like the stripes of a rainbow.
Erm, we're bending over backwards to pay for it

It's to signify hope. The raindow typically appears after a storm. The storm here the covid 19 pandemic. Its significance we WILL get through this. I actually quite like that- how could you not  even the stone hearts on cooked and bomb'd.........oh

Zetetic

Famously associated with a worldwide near-100% fatality event.

Fambo Number Mive

I can hear someone clapping outside. Did they get the day wrong?

seepage

No, they've just finished a bottle of Night Train.

idunnosomename

Clap for our alt-right grifters, who do everything to perpetuate left/right culture wars despite losing most of their income

beanheadmcginty

My mum's typically astute criticism of all the rainbows was "It's a terrible choice of symbol. You can never get to the end of a rainbow".

With respect your old mum has completely missed the point. The rainbow signifies the end not the pot of gold at the end. Tell her quick, she's not as astute as you all thought.

idunnosomename

it's an optical illusion from the sun reflecting off rain clouds, perhaps after a storm has passed over. the clean up takes a lot longer.

It's no illusion, its spectral light... AFTER A FUCKING STORM. Christ, this is why we cant have nice things anymore, for godsake.

PlanktonSideburns

Choosing what kind of cups you use for a star trek must be tricky5- you want something futuristic but not too flashy to distract from the proceedings.  No one ever has a pint in star trek do they?

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 17, 2020, 09:15:22 PM
With respect your old mum has completely missed the point. The rainbow signifies the end not the pot of gold at the end. Tell her quick, she's not as astute as you all thought.

She never mentioned the pot of gold. The fact is, if you attempt to approach the end of a rainbow it will naturally move beyond your reach because it is an optical effect, so you can never reach the end. ASTUTENESS CONFIRMED.

Discussing ends to rainbows is again missing the point. The rainbow IS the end.

ASTUTENESS CHALLENGED

rack and peanut

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 18, 2020, 12:23:18 AM
Choosing what kind of cups you use for a star trek must be tricky5- you want something futuristic but not too flashy to distract from the proceedings.  No one ever has a pint in star trek do they?

Sulu got to use bone china once he got his own command, was a bad idea though

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 20, 2020, 08:36:25 PM
Mining area...what the fuck has happened

We've all moved on, leaving only the dinosaurs to bark at the moon, I'm affraid.

kalowski

idunnosomename

i think it's doing a cheeky crap into the garden while a disembodied hand claps for it

idunnosomename

i feel like doing a Kryten:

goodness me! it's Borris Johnson!!!

"it's a pillow with some straw on top of stuffed suit"

he's a pillow?!??! you're kidding!!!

idunnosomename

i can't believe it's fucking clap day again tomorrow. its genuinely like im living in fucking purgatory

chveik

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 20, 2020, 11:49:16 PM
i can't believe it's fucking clap day again tomorrow. its genuinely like im living in fucking purgatory

even Penderecki couldn't have designed such nightmarish sounds

idunnosomename

oh wow wait he died

Butchers Blind

Who gets ownership rights of the rainbow?  LGBT+ or ARE NHS?  Only one way to find out....

Danger Man

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 21, 2020, 12:25:46 AM
Who gets ownership rights of the rainbow?  LGBT+ or ARE NHS?  Only one way to find out....

I was just thinking that. Looks like LGBTBlah are gonna be chopps!

Captain Crunch