Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NHS Clapping

Started by bgmnts, March 26, 2020, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Space ghost

The couple that seized control of the running of the clapping for carers effort in my area, mainly as an excuse to get out the kareoke machine and belt out uplifting pop songs to the neighborhood are now back to throwing actual karaoke parties.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: thenoise on June 21, 2020, 09:05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure the only part of the Sport that makes any money is the wankline ads and adverts for 'massage parlours' in the back few pages.
Basically it's a directory for brothels, as frequented by truck drivers and tradesmen, with a few pages of jokes at the beginning, dressed up as a newspaper to get past the censors.
Fairly sure they repeat the same stories over and over, which must save money too. It's not like they need to employ journalists to do investigations.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Space ghost on June 22, 2020, 11:15:38 AM
The couple that seized control of the running of the clapping for carers effort in my area, mainly as an excuse to get out the kareoke machine and belt out uplifting pop songs to the neighborhood are now back to throwing actual karaoke parties.

Sounds like anti-social behaviour, get them reported.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteOn Sunday 5 July - the 72nd anniversary of the NHS - people across the UK will be encouraged to applaud NHS staff at 17:00 BST (16:00 GMT). Many broadcasters will break away from normal programming to mark the moment.

On 4 July, people will be asked to put a light in their windows in remembrance of all those who died in the pandemic...

Well I don't have a light to put in my window, I suspect a number of people are going to make non-essential trips to purchase lights.

I wonder how many people who take part in the Clap for Carers would support a pay rise for NHS staff.

Apparently there was some sort of stealth clap for are NHS yesterday at 5pm. Did anyone take part/witness this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53295776

Not even the usual nutcases were anywhere to be seen/heard on my road yesterday. The news media seem to be the only people who knew about it.

EOLAN

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 06, 2020, 09:03:09 AM
Apparently there was some sort of stealth clap for are NHS yesterday at 5pm. Did anyone take part/witness this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53295776

Not even the usual nutcases were anywhere to be seen/heard on my road yesterday. The news media seem to be the only people who knew about it.

I thought the PM Didn't believe in gestures. Though now a clap for the NHS is redefined as a  clap for the capitalists, the bankers, the wealth creators he may as well show his appreciation.

greencalx

Yeah, this was all over the news last night, on account of the NHS's birthday.

It wasn't even a fucking round number 72. 110 in octal though, so maybe that?

jobotic

Nothing round my way. Was quite busy when it was a thing.

Perhaps people have seen it for what it is and won't clap Johnson*

*I clapped my johnson but no one was listening

Sheffield Wednesday

Clap THIS you mother fuckers

idunnosomename

It was very windy here. Wouldnt have been able to hear pan ratlling over fence panels banging

dissolute ocelot

I was walking home at claptime yesterday. I didn't see or hear anything. There was normally a bit of interest in Thursday night claps, but maybe it's more of an after-dinner thing. Maybe we can make some noise for the brave publicans next week.

Fambo Number Mive

EDIT:started new thread

Fambo Number Mive

Tory MP shows how the Tories really feel about nurses:

Quote... The NHS has risen to the challenge of this pandemic, we and all appreciate and grateful for the excellent work of our healthcare professionals at this challenging time. I am sure the weekly 'clap for carers' will have confirmed to the many that they are valued and respected".

"I would also add that NHS workers, like the vast majority of people working in the public sector, have largely continued to receive their usual pay throughout this pandemic. However, there are many millions who have not and who are in danger of losing their jobs in the coming months.

Adding; "Whilst I believe in a fair pay settlement for NHS workers, I believe there may be more important calls on the public finances in the near future to support those who find themselves unemployed through no fault of their own."

Lesley Bailey, a community staff nurse with 23 years of nursing experience and the constituent who received the letter, told NursingNotes; "my pay rise this year equated to 35p an hour."...

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/more-important-calls-public-finances-pay-rise-nhs-staffmp-tells-nurse/

"We clapped for you weekly and you got paid, what more do you want?"

Butchers Blind

Thirty five pence an hour?!  Lucky to get it.

Shit Good Nose

That tory MP conveniently ignoring the previous 10 years of effective pay cuts for the NHS and public sector there.

Fambo Number Mive

Government guaranteeing further staff shortages in the NHS and treating overseas NHS medics badly.

QuoteMinisters have refused to extend automatic visa renewals for thousands of overseas NHS medics.

Foreign doctors, nurses and paramedics have been granted free year-long extensions to their visas since March to help staff the coronavirus crisis.

But as the UK enters the deadly pandemic's second wave, the Government has vetoed extending the October 1 deadline for automatic renewals for key workers from abroad.

MPs and union bosses urged ministers to re-think the cliff edge for overseas staff, who account for 13.8% of NHS workers - 5.5% of which are from the EU.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/anger-thousands-nhs-staff-no-22770431