Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Influencers and capitalising on tragedy

Started by confettiinmyhair, March 27, 2020, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 27, 2020, 01:43:02 PM
Does this PE workout involve jumping?  Not sure the people in the flat below me would like it.

It does, but apparently he says that if you can't or don't want to do a certain exercise just substitute it with another one - little Nose says she can't do mountain climbing (whatever that is) so she swaps it out for pikachu jumps (whatever they are).  And, as hamfist alludes to, it sounds like he offers an "easy" version of each exercise.

greencalx

You do know he can't see you, so you can just sit it out in any case!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: greencalx on March 27, 2020, 02:00:52 PM

As hamfist said on the previous page, he is a jesus man of PE, so he is omnipresent and has eyes and ears everywhere.

greencalx

Oh yeah. Had forgotten that. Plus all our TVs are watching us these days.

MrMrs

FB and Twitter has been unbearable this week, all the nonsense tagging and Awareness posts. To say nothing of the warnings and incorrect information about the virus. Wretched

idunnosomename

a true Jesus of PE would run around in His underpants for our sins as His Passion, while being shouted at by a sadistic bald PE teacher, which would lead to centuries of discrimination towards bald men

MrMrs

greencalx

Dunno but there's a YouTube channel stuffed full of workouts and they're all much the same I would imagine. ETA - he's not doing the school PE streams at the weekend.

I read that he's donating the revenue from these to the NHS, so it would appear he's not financially capitalising on tragedy, at least not directly. Won't be doing him harm in the long term though I guess.

jobotic

Yeah my son has been doing these and I've joined in a couple of times. I'm not unfit but they are knackering.

Never heard of him before so don't find him too annoying. He's alright.

Quote from: MrMrs on March 28, 2020, 12:06:03 AM
FB and Twitter has been unbearable this week, all the nonsense tagging and Awareness posts. To say nothing of the warnings and incorrect information about the virus. Wretched

I'm so glad I withdrew from all social media, and tv news/the bbc after the election. I really think it may have tipped me over the edge, I already felt pretty wretched about humanity. All the preening self absorbed preachy fucking look at me empty nonsense I can really do without at this time.
When did society become such a dick?

Quote from: greencalx on March 28, 2020, 08:26:08 AM
I read that he's donating the revenue from these to the NHS, so it would appear he's not financially capitalising on tragedy, at least not directly. Won't be doing him harm in the long term though I guess.

He'll be doing very well in the long term thank you very much, he's got 1m new subs on YouTube in the last 10 days and I imagine much the same growth on his other SM (probably even more so on FB). Fairplay though, he seems to have been able to capitalise this situation without appearing to be a cunt.

Ray Travez

Quote from: greencalx on March 27, 2020, 02:00:52 PM

made me laugh

Ray Travez

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on March 28, 2020, 08:53:24 AM
I'm so glad I withdrew from all social media, and tv news/the bbc after the election. I really think it may have tipped me over the edge, I already felt pretty wretched about humanity. All the preening self absorbed preachy fucking look at me empty nonsense I can really do without at this time.

You've done well. I'm self-isolating from the opinions of idiots, but every day I have to go back and read some more, like compulsively touching a painful tooth.

QuoteWhen did society become such a dick?

Society's always been a latent dick, it's just in times of crisis, its true dickness becomes much more apparent. I think Churchill said that.

idunnosomename

Churchill would know all about dicks, what with being a massive cunt

I thought there was meant to be a shortage of PE and this cunt is flaunting it to thousands? Crass.

hamfist

Wicks fucked up today. He put his feed live while doing the soundcheck with his brother, said ,,mate I need to put my contacts in and have a shit"

Then it went off again. When it came back he carried on as normal.

Even Jesus is fallible.

idunnosomename

Very professional for him to evacuate his bowels beforehand rather than during the livestream

I thought it was part of the workout and now I have done poops all over my living room. :(

Sadly not. When he said "contacts", I thought he meant my phone contacts. I subsequently Facetimed everyone in my contacts list and they all saw me making bad sausages on the carpet. :(

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: The nation's PE teacher Joe WicksThe nation's PE teacher Joe Wicks has revealed that his daily YouTube lessons have already raised £80,000 for the NHS.

Due to the coronavirus lockdown, Joe – known to his fans as The Body Coach – has been hosting daily work-out videos on his YouTube channel, which aim to keep children - and their hard-pressed parents - active during the school closures.

On Wednesday, he revealed via video-link on Good Morning Britain that he had currently raised £80,000.

He said: "In the past week alone on the past seven videos, the AdSense is at $100,000 [just over £80,000].

"Every penny from the workout that we do from this school stuff for now until forever... all of that money is going to the NHS. We are raising money through these workouts."

"The more we do it the more we raise. It's amazing, I'm so proud of that," he added.

idunnosomename

shouldnt we just tax rich people more rather than donating google ad revenue to our public services? just a thought

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 01, 2020, 01:51:21 PM
shouldnt we just tax rich people more rather than donating google ad revenue to our public services? just a thought

No need silly, it'll all trickle it's way down to those who need it anyway..
Tax them less I say, then more bountiful trickling!!

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 01, 2020, 01:51:21 PM
Certainly should but I'm not sure that's in Joe Wicks' powers

Don't worry, just four years and nine months 'til the next election.

greencalx

I'm not even sure how you donate money to the NHS.

It probably involves one of those wipe-clean presentation cheques.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 01, 2020, 02:33:16 PM
Don't worry, just four years and nine months 'til the next election.
how many sleeps is that

Zetetic

Dewt

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 28, 2020, 08:59:29 AM

Why would I listen to him about what to do with my body? His tits are massive.

steveh

This Twitter thread is hard to beat: https://twitter.com/SophRossss/status/1244756842426834944

Reckons has the virus, uses contacts to get a test, plugs sponsored products on the way to it and while waiting for the results, exposes her nanny to it, rents a house in the Hamptons to go and stay at while still supposed to be in quarantine and possibly may not even have it at all.