Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:08:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson has the virus!!!

Started by Danger Man, March 27, 2020, 11:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

Heard this chuntering cunt on the radio earlier. Repeating himself like a meth head with demetia. Meaningless statements burped out over and over again, he truly is a fucking clown.

olliebean

Quote from: EOLAN on April 30, 2020, 05:31:41 PMHe never likes the term "austerity", but didn't state that he wouldn't implement similar policies.

No, very noticeable I thought that it was the word rather than the policy that he was objecting to.

BlodwynPig

C4 said he was noticeably out of breath, true???

Jittlebags

I do wonder whether those who have got it on this first round have been so weakened, that rather than being antibody primed, they just get hit even worse on subsequent bouts.

Cerys

Quote from: SteveDave on April 29, 2020, 01:53:17 PM
Someone on the Twitter pointed out that Bohnson has been PM for 9 months and 3 days. Ugh. This baby should've been a blowjob.

Maybe it isn't his.

Ferris

Thomas

The fact that immunity is uncertain means Boris could sadly catch the virus again.

Captain Z

Quote from: Thomas on May 01, 2020, 08:18:35 PM
The fact that immunity is uncertain means Boris could sadly catch the virus again.

"again"

steveh

Quote from: Thomas on May 01, 2020, 08:18:35 PM

From what I've read, immunity is primarily a problem if you are younger and had less severe symptoms or were asymptomatic. From antibody decay rates, virus mutation rates and what's known about the behaviour of the original SARS, the most likely (but obviously not yet certain) outcome for others seems to be that you will have immunity for up to two years.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3078840/coronavirus-low-antibody-levels-raise-questions-about

Those Korean reports of reinfection turned out to be shedding dead virus from the lungs.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200429000724

idunnosomename

Well hopefully he will get aids

Gulftastic

The 'Are Brave Boris' stuff can't have been landing as well as they hoped, because today we're getting details.

v00n

Quote from: olliebean on May 01, 2020, 02:52:18 PM
Still no pictures.

(Apologies if I'm just reiterating what everyone else has said countless times, I didn't get time to read all 66 pages of comments on this)

He never had it.

A photo opportunity/PR stunt dreamed up by Cummings so that Johnson could show "he's just like one of us, a vulnerable human being, isn't the NHS wonderful with its smiling, dusky immigrant doctors who saved his life (and'll be sent packing at the end of this year and never allowed to return)".

olliebean

Looks like the kid's finally been born.

Norton Canes

I'm only reading the headline quote here, but what's this "I was given litres and litres of oxygen" crap? Sorry, but if you were admitted to an ICU (let's not forget, uniquely 'as a precaution'), and on discharge you asked the medical staff who'd cared for you what your treatment had involved, and they'd mentioned the amount of oxygen you'd been given - they'd tell you exactly how much, and you'd fucking well remember it. And when someone asked you, you'd be able to give them that figure.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

phes

Adult lung capacity is several litres, O2 flow rate is measured in litres/second and as a % of that. Its completely meaningless. Anyone who has O2 has litres and litres

Zetetic

I'd like to give him litres and litres of oxygen.

phes

Norton Canes

More than a touch of the O'Hanraha-hanrahans about this, I reckon.

Chris: Prime Minister, you've just left hospital after being admitted to intensive care as a precaution. Were you ever actually in any danger of losing your life?

Johnson: Absolutely Chris, things got pretty dicey for a while.

Chris: So presumably you were given oxygen?

Johnson: That's right, Chris.

Chris: How much oxygen were you given?

Johnson: Sorry, Chris?

Chris: I said how much oxygen were you given, in intensive care?

Johnson: Four litres.

Chris: Four litres?

Johnson: That's right, Chris. Four litres.

Chris: Prime Minister, the average lung capacity of an adult human is six litres.

Johnson: Forty. Forty litres.

Chris: You know what I think, Prime Minister? I don't think you were given any oxygen at all. I'm going to ask you one more time - how much oxygen were you given?

Johnson: Litres and litres.

olliebean

Quote from: phes on May 03, 2020, 10:20:38 AM
Adult lung capacity is several litres, O2 flow rate is measured in litres/second and as a % of that. Its completely meaningless. Anyone who has O2 has litres and litres

Air is only about 21% oxygen. So a full lung-capacity's-worth would be about one-and-a-quarter litres, on average. And people rarely inhale to their full capacity, I doubt most people take in as much as a litre of oxygen per breath. Patients taken into intensive care for Covid-19 are on average given 15 litres of oxygen. Johnson reportedly had 4.

phes

Doesn't make any sense to me that. What's your source for patients being given 15L? Sounds like they've mixed up flow rate with the amount of oxygen he received. Unless they're talking about liquid state, which would amaze me

Harry Badger

This is probably bollocks but I'll post it anyway. Spoke to a friend on Friday night who told me that her friend works at St Thomas's. Apparently, Johnson was brought in on 6th April but his condition was nowhere near as bad as was being portrayed and certainly wasn't near death. According to this source, he also managed to set off the fire alarms by smoking in a restricted area, causing an evacuation of the hospital.

Strange. But true?

thenoise

idunnosomename

i like to think he did a really stinky guff which led to him being put in IC so other patients didnt have to deal with anymore of his bottom-based capers

chveik

that's are boris alright, cheeky cigar in the icu

olliebean

Quote from: phes on May 03, 2020, 08:19:22 PM
Doesn't make any sense to me that. What's your source for patients being given 15L? Sounds like they've mixed up flow rate with the amount of oxygen he received. Unless they're talking about liquid state, which would amaze me

Widely reported at the time, but in trying to find a more authoritative source than the shit British media, it looks like you may be right and 10-15 litres per minute is more on the mark. Still, the point remains that the lower amount of oxygen Johnson was receiving would not normally have required intensive care.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Harry Badger on May 03, 2020, 09:12:04 PM
This is probably bollocks but I'll post it anyway. Spoke to a friend on Friday night who told me that her friend works at St Thomas's. Apparently, Johnson was brought in on 6th April but his condition was nowhere near as bad as was being portrayed and certainly wasn't near death. According to this source, he also managed to set off the fire alarms by smoking in a restricted area, causing an evacuation of the hospital.

Strange. But true?

Love that to be true and someone took a snap of the ciggy

"The doctor's were ready to pronounce me dead, that's how close I came ... my sacrifice"

"OK Prime Minister, how do you explain this picture of you having a fag outside the ICU?"

"erm...ah...well...a last request before departing Albion?"

"I'm actually glad you asked that because... the cigarette was in actuality... full of oxygen."