Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:49:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Links To Cool Things

Started by Pienaar, February 03, 2004, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

untitled_london

Quote from: "arqarqa"
Quote from: "untitled_london"hahaha

it everything eXeem said it would be, but, without ads or spyware.
(eXeem will carry the cydoor adware by default)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/File-Sharing/Torrent-P2P.shtml

i just roadtested this - works perfectly, very tidy tool.

Apart from the blindingly fast search results, it's an utterly christ-awful buggy pile of shite so far on this machine.  Narrow the networks down in the search function and it's little more than an utterly christ-awful buggy preventer of  alleged multitasking.

I give it a rating of 2/10 and that's only because it shows potential - as long as you're not trying to make sense of it in the nonexistant forums or dubiously in/out nature of java chatrooms.

Sorry if that sounds negative.  At least it's software and can be improved  before eyes get rubbed and the emperor's new clothes are consigned to a dusty cupboard.

i'm still betting that it will see eXeem off in due course, and tbh, i think thats reason enough, and tbh, that was half the reason for my inital joy.

i should admit to being overly impressed in the first 5-10 mins of usage.

i grabbed a few files, (not at any great speed i'll admit), but it seemed okay all bar the annoying c++ run time error.

the search is great, but is only on two networks at the moment, and iirc, it was pretty weak at searching other users files.

i'd say keep an eye on it. i'm betting they are getting stacks of "feedback"

gazzyk1ns

Xander

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What carnage! What senseless destruction! *weeps*

Beagle 2

Ha, good! I had 4 cans lof that stuff last night and it really, really makes you fart. More than any other beer, i'm going to be guffing away all through my exam in a minute, which concerns the very environment i'll be polluting.

More intelligent highbrow witticisms this time tomorrow...

@ssmaster

I have discovered that for the whole of 2005 The British Pathe website is offering people to download their stock footage for free.

Just go to http://www.britishpathe.com/index.html add what you want to your basket and checkout it should all show up as free.

Best get a new hard drive

Spiteface

Over the christmas holidays I've rediscovered the love I have for Power Rangers (Dino Thunder is the best series in ages!).

I've been meaning to look into the Japanese super Sentai shows that are used in the making of each series of this

anyway I found this site:

http://www.japanhero.com/

Which is aceness itself for this sort of thing, and similar Tokusatsu series such as Kamen Rider (adapted in the west as Masked Rider) and Ultraman.

Pinball

Quote from: "@ssmaster"I have discovered that for the whole of 2005 The British Pathe website is offering people to download their stock footage for free.

Just go to http://www.britishpathe.com/index.html add what you want to your basket and checkout it should all show up as free.

Best get a new hard drive
It was free last year as well. A great site! The only problem is that the free previews they offer have a statement across the middle of the picture, but the sound is unaffected. Even so, fwoarrrrrr eh?

TotalNightmare

zozman

Haha - Genius

QuoteUS military chiefs are said to have considered developing an 'aphrodisiac' chemical weapon that would make enemy troops sexually irresistible to each other.

The Sunshine Project, which exposes research into chemical and biological weapons, revealed the plans, according to New Scientist.

Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.

Other ideas included chemical weapons that attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats to troop positions, making them uninhabitable.

Another was to develop a chemical that caused 'severe and lasting halitosis', to identify guerrillas trying to blend in with civilians. There was also an idea to make troops' skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight.

The proposals, from the US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, apparently date from 1994.

The lab sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals".

Sunshine Project spokesman Edward Hammond said it was not known if the proposed six-year research plan was pursued.
From Ananova

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "zozman"Haha - Genius

QuoteUS military chiefs are said to have considered developing an 'aphrodisiac' chemical weapon that would make enemy troops sexually irresistible to each other.

The Sunshine Project, which exposes research into chemical and biological weapons, revealed the plans, according to New Scientist.

Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.

Other ideas included chemical weapons that attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats to troop positions, making them uninhabitable.

Another was to develop a chemical that caused 'severe and lasting halitosis', to identify guerrillas trying to blend in with civilians. There was also an idea to make troops' skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight.

The proposals, from the US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, apparently date from 1994.

The lab sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals".

Sunshine Project spokesman Edward Hammond said it was not known if the proposed six-year research plan was pursued.
From Ananova

Brilliant, even if it is possibly bollocks...

I can imagine the news now...

"The war in the east was escalating out of control with hundreds dead until the enemy troops began a gay pride parade and starting throwing daisies back at the American Troops. One General was said to comment 'What a bunch of queers, lets fuck them'... There is no news yet as to whether the American troops ACTUALLY took the chemical themselves. The orgy lasted 7 hours and with only one death and a few sprained wrists. Mincing Impossible?

gazzyk1ns

Further to the "dumbing down" by the BBC - I flicked over to the 6 O'Clock news in the ad break during The Simpsons, and Nicholas Witchell was saying "...but new light has been shed on where Harry obtained the uniform." Cut to a shot of a small shop with a sign saying "costumes" on the front.