Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Megg Mogg & Owl in Quarantine

Started by DocDaneeka, March 27, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

I know there are some fans of Simon Hanselman's Megg & Mogg here, and he's posting a comic a day on his Instagram at the moment.

My favourite vid' related art I've seen.

Consignia

Oh those are just brilliant. Always love seeing Werewolf Jones.

chveik

imitationleather

madhair60

Consignia

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Megg, Mogg and Owl

ZoyzaSorris

Shouldn't love this but somehow really really do.

madhair60

Wonderful desolation. All the books are worth buying.

MojoJojo

I'm enjoying the Animal Crossing references, with the aprons and no clothes.

Gregory Torso

Megg Mogg and Owl is amazing. Utterly reprehensible arseholes without redemption constantly shitting on each other in the bleakest, meanest ways possible. I love it.

ZoyzaSorris

Custard

Lovely stuff. Hope it's all scooped up in a book at some point, as they're too good not to be

MojoJojo

Quote from: madhair60 on March 29, 2020, 11:55:02 AM
Wonderful desolation. All the books are worth buying.

Thanks to your avatar you now are Owl to me.

Just bought Megahex and In Amsterdam, even though I'm pretty sure I've read in Amsterdam before.

Consignia

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 30, 2020, 01:10:44 PM
Just bought Megahex and In Amsterdamn, even though I'm pretty sure I've read in Amsterdamn before.

The comic book "in Amsterdam" has more than just that story in it. Was just re-reading it yesterday, and I love the stories about Werewolf Jones's Felt Hat Etsy business.

Custard

Only read the lot last summer, and feel it's time for a re-read. It's great stuff

idunnosomename

haha this is a marvellous escapade

madhair60

just posting this one because it cracks me up

Cardenio I

Mister Six

Never really got into this before as I always found it a bit too squalid and depressing, but I'm really enjoying the coronavirus shenanigans. I think the tone of constant frenetic chaos stops it from feeling too heavy. And I love Jones' shitty little redpilled kids.

chveik

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on March 31, 2020, 10:08:53 PM
Never really got into this before as I always found it a bit too squalid and depressing, but I'm really enjoying the coronavirus shenanigans. I think the tone of constant frenetic chaos stops it from feeling too heavy. And I love Jones' shitty little redpilled kids.

I totally get this, the funniest ones of the lot are the sillier ones imo.

This one-pager cracks me up. Click for full size

Leo2112

Which is the best anthology book to get, or are they all decent?

samadriel

I haven't read Bad Gateway yet, but everything I've read has been pretty equally good. Why not start with Megahex, I understand that's the first.

MojoJojo

sigh... where's my "talking knife"?

Consignia

I debating whether to order the physical books or buy the eBook version (already got In Amsterdam, want the others). On the one hand, I want more Megg and Mogg and Owl now, on the other it's way more satisfying to sift through a physical book.

samadriel

Quote from: Consignia on April 02, 2020, 10:47:52 AM
I debating whether to order the physical books or buy the eBook version (already got In Amsterdam, want the others). On the one hand, I want more Megg and Mogg and Owl now, on the other it's way more satisfying to sift through a physical book.

What clinched it for me is the massive sums Fantagraphics ask for shipping, but then, I have no problem with e-comics, I bought a nice big tablet with which to pour them down my gullet.

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on April 02, 2020, 12:12:23 AM
I totally get this, the funniest ones of the lot are the sillier ones imo.

This one-pager cracks me up. Click for full size

Thanks, but it's still not doing anything for me. I think I just hate Megg and Mogg. I like Owl, and Werewolf Jones as his antagonist, but Megg and Mogg do nothing for me other than as supporting characters to the Owl/Jones shitshow.

Mister Six

(Still loving Quarantine though.)

MojoJojo

I just want to mention how creepy the bad gateway cover art is.