Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Megg Mogg & Owl in Quarantine

Started by DocDaneeka, March 27, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Owl put hairs up on the back of my neck in the latest strip

Real Avengers Assemble vibes

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"Let's go get our boy"

Spoiler alert
It's possible Mike's just taken something that's locked him in for now. Anything's possible in Drug World.
[close]

alan nagsworth

New one just went up,
Spoiler alert
addressing the riots in a fucking hilarious and terrifying last panel
[close]
. Quite a daring move for the strip but I guess you can't escape it if you're writing a topical real-time story arc.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 01, 2020, 09:31:23 AM
New one just went up,
Spoiler alert
addressing the riots in a fucking hilarious and terrifying last panel
[close]
. Quite a daring move for the strip but I guess you can't escape it if you're writing a topical real-time story arc.
I'm going to hell for laughing

madhair60

That last panel is unbelievable

idunnosomename

unbelievably funny

I NEED A HAIRCUT

Custard

alan nagsworth

idunnosomename

that'll only be for today I think re the tuesday blackout. expect him to tackle the George Floyd riots more soon. but if wants to sit out for longer fair play indeed. i know i haven't got shit done today

I love how WWJ is a concerned and despairing father but not so concerned and despairing that he doesn't stop for ice-cream and McDonald's on the way XD

PlanktonSideburns

i wonder if he is going through the motions, thinking

if these guys see me not bothering about missing child, they might disown me

Pink Gregory

Had to double take to see Booger taking the most casual street piss possible

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 04, 2020, 06:32:08 PM
i wonder if he is going through the motions, thinking

if these guys see me not bothering about missing child, they might disown me
I don't think WWJ thinks that far ahead. But also, I think he loves his kids, just in an abstract, almost forgetful way. Like, not enough to stop drugging and feed them vegetables, or at least to let Susan have them all the time till he sorts himself out (unless she's as messed up as he is). I think "His... his poppity corn... ;_;" was genuine, as was "What'll they do without their papadoodle?" in Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam. He just can't be stable for them. Drugs are more important.

Custard

Just laughed hard that his ex is called Susan. Dunno why

Wonder if we'll ever see her?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 04, 2020, 09:03:48 PM
I don't think WWJ thinks that far ahead. But also, I think he loves his kids, just in an abstract, almost forgetful way. Like, not enough to stop drugging and feed them vegetables, or at least to let Susan have them all the time till he sorts himself out (unless she's as messed up as he is). I think "His... his poppity corn... ;_;" was genuine, as was "What'll they do without their papadoodle?" in Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam. He just can't be stable for them. Drugs are more important.

Wow that has its own deep sadness as a reason

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 04, 2020, 10:35:54 PM
Wow that has its own deep sadness as a reason
I bought all four collected books on Kindle because stupid high shitbags doing outrageous things is totally my humour and now I'm doing fucking literary analysis on the characters

is Jones' werewolfism and the fact that he turns human when sober a metaphor for how he can never get truly clean, he will always relapse just as the full moon will always come around

Megg is a witch that never does any spells -> does this signify the wasted potential of being in a drug bubble?

does Owl stick around as long as he does because part of him is self-destructive and being around the two irresponsible drug addicts means he can blame his own self-indulgence on "peer pressure"

ETC ETC ETC AAAAARRRRGGGHHH

PlanktonSideburns

Love how it invites these kind of readings by giving you just enough

Been waking up at 4am, reading the latest, then going back to sleep. It's been like injecting them

Yeah it's great. I've got Seeds and Stems pre-ordered and I can't wait.

Artie Fufkin

I've just died at
Spoiler alert
Sodomy Squad
[close]
Oh my life. I love this shit!

GoblinAhFuckScary

Artie Fufkin

alan nagsworth

This dude fucking seriously knows how to deliver in a final panel. So rewarding every time.

Custard

Lovely stuff. (Didn't know he was bald, despite the Verbwhore style hat to cover it)

Been rereading the books from the start. Forgotten a lot of it, so it feels a bit like reading them again for the first time. Great!

That time they tried to rape Owl, though. Oof

Mister Six

What screaming white woman with a DEFUND THE POLICE and terrified child in tow - is that a criticism of those calls by Hanselmann there? I assumed he would be on board with that sort of thing. I noticed that all the protesters were white, too, but I didn't know if that was just him ultra careful about not painting black people in a negative light right now.

Quote from: Mister Six on June 09, 2020, 07:58:50 PM
What screaming white woman with a DEFUND THE POLICE and terrified child in tow - is that a criticism of those calls by Hanselmann there? I assumed he would be on board with that sort of thing. I noticed that all the protesters were white, too, but I didn't know if that was just him ultra careful about not painting black people in a negative light right now.
I think Megg Mogg and Owl live in a neighborhood filled with terrible people who would totally use protests as an excuse to go looting. WWJ would be doing it if he wasn't sort of looking for Jaxon.