Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Megg Mogg & Owl in Quarantine

Started by DocDaneeka, March 27, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Wouldn't have pegged WWJ for a David Lynch fan.

idunnosomename

Ohhh my goddddDDDDD

Especially the meta joke at dracula jr

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

fuck yeah Jaxon

(He's probably right about Desi, ngl)

samadriel

WWJ in that last panel reminds me of my immature shit of a dad when I was a kid. Oy.

I am so glad I went and read all the books and bought Seeds and Stems. Even though this isn't canon, it's kinda tying in with the glimpses of Future Jaxon collected in S & S.

I had held out hope that Susan was somewhat normal (apart from continuing a relationship with WWJ, as evidenced by Vejonica's existence) but now that she's been revealed as a violent junkie I feel sorry for all the kids. Even Diesel/Desi. Leaning into his status as Daddy's Golden Boy is the only way he can grab any kind of normalcy for himself, and if that means turning on Scapegoat Jaxon then that's what he'll do.

I'd always envisaged Susan as a stay at home traditional American housewife who was totally none the wiser to Jones' antics, so I'm a bit sad to see that she's aware and just as fucked up as he is.

It was the one reveal we didn't really need.

PlanktonSideburns

The Mollusk

Mister Six

Bit concerned that Owl isn't on the chair in the background any more. That could go either way...

Consignia

Quote from: Mister Six on August 26, 2020, 03:40:25 PM
Bit concerned that Owl isn't on the chair in the background any more. That could go either way...

For something so simple, the detail in these is amazing. Didn't even notice that, but it's definitely something that's going to turn in the next couple of comics.

idunnosomename

well the struggle is bringing mogg back into the narrative. still, he's gonna play it long game I think and he has about as much idea as us what's going to happen. very exciting

The Mollusk

Incredible last panel in this latest one. The rest of the "episode" is almost deliberately uneventful in leading up to it.

ZoyzaSorris

Yeah you knew exactly what was coming but he still managed to make me laugh with the reveal.

Custard

Seeds and Stems is of course brilliant. 

The Halloween strip. Wow.

idunnosomename

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on August 28, 2020, 02:40:39 PM
Yeah you knew exactly what was coming but he still managed to make me laugh with the reveal.
it's very ren-and-stimpy gross painting still. way worse than i expected. i made a loud noise when I got to it

boki

Oh, Jones.

The speeches are going to be interesting.

The Mollusk

WWJ is so like Jon Glaser's fictional characters sometimes. Goofball narcissist piece of shit and the worst parent in the world

idunnosomename

God are both his eyes fucked? Man.

I liked that his cheeky wink just made a load of pus come out haha

Mister Six

Simon's had a bollocking in the comments for his depiction of BLM protesters.

PlanktonSideburns

Seems like he's won lots of them back by the next strip, which seems to be talking directly to the comments

lot of people don't seem to understand that WWJ is a horrible person who only nine strips ago banished his son from the house

EDIT:
Spoiler alert
For a minute there I thought Ian was gonna cop to lighting the heroin candle that Jaxon knocked over that caused the treehouse fire
[close]

chveik

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 03, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
lot of people don't seem to understand that WWJ is a horrible person who only nine strips ago banished his son from the house

I don't really care but it's clear that's not the point

samadriel

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mister Six on September 02, 2020, 09:45:25 PM
Simon's had a bollocking in the comments for his depiction of BLM protesters.

Oh come on, if you're reading that comic you can't take that on face value...can you?

The Mollusk

Quote from: Pink Gregory on September 03, 2020, 08:53:44 PM
Oh come on, if you're reading that comic you can't take that on face value...can you?

You can if you're thick, and a lot of people sadly are thick, no matter how good their tastes.

chveik

well maybe I'm thick but I think Simon should focus more on the story than recent political events. he doesn't have the space to say something meaningful about it.

GoblinAhFuckScary

People that claim they're not being political when talking about obscenely conspicuous political things are absolutely thick.